Most overrated video games

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Booker T

Heres my new sig

BookerT.jpg

Rate/Hate/Advise

feel free to take it if u want

Reaction score
I put the Booker T pic on purpose i mean this is meant to be a booker t sig and not king booker

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Halo is at the top of my list on this as I feel this game gets WAY more credit than it should be. The game doesn't totally suck but imo it isn't one of the best games ever like it is billed by some people.

What are some games you feel that are overrated and why.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Anyone who thinks Halo is the best game ever made....just can't find the words. It's decent, but I never really got THAT much fun out of it. The correct answer to the best game ever made would be anything with the words Half Life in it.

As for most overrated games this gen, definitely Dead Space. It was OK, I just didn't get the big deal. I remember the scares being totally cheap. No building tension as in other games such as Silent Hill. I should force myself to sit through that one of these days.

The Sims. Didn't like this "game" and I use the term loosely. Puke worthy.

Doom 3. Released in the same time frame as Half Life 2. Pales in comparison. It just didn't seem like what was promised, maybe I was expecting too much but there you go.

Hell, most first person shooters these days. They're fun but most of them aren't that special.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Agreed about first person shooters. I've had more fun with the old james bond games on n64 than I have had on some of these new first person shooters, lol. There is some tho that are worthy of praise like Call of duty and such.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Halo and COD suck...as do all first person shooters. Those are sure fire winners.

I will get TONS of heat for this, so I'm putting on the flame suit right now, but I'm also gonna say the Uncharted series, specifically 2. Don't get me wrong, it's really, really.....REALLY fucking good, but I would never give it a perfect score, ever. I just don't think it's all that. It's amazing but it's not as amazing as it's made out to be, certain people would make you think that it's the pinnacle of gaming when we all know that belongs to Mass Effect 2.

Saints Row is overrated too. It's just a REALLY poor man's Grand Theft Auto with some lame character customizations. I do like the series...to a small extent, but way more credit than it deserves. Some people actually think it's better than GTA, and it.....it makes me want to have their brain examined.

Guitar Hero and Rock Band also got old really quick. Overrated. It's great for a while, but after that novelty where's off, it's like "why the fuck am I playing shit from my Ipod as a game?"

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
But was Saint's Row as well received as GTA critically? I don't remember properly. I remember seeing the PC version of 2 with rather poor reviews.

But yes, it is a poor man's GTA, I don't think it's a better franchise. It couldn't hold my attention for too long, GTA IV on the other hand just wouldn't let go. The only thing kinda cool in Saint's Row was that you got to create your own character, which is novel...for a while.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
The gamer gave it a 9.1 out of 10

Prior to the retail version of Saints Row being released, the demo set an Xbox Live Marketplace then-record for being downloaded more than 350,000 times in the first week of its release.[4]

The game has received generally positive ratings. Although most critics have noted the striking similarities in gameplay that Saints Row shares with releases from the Grand Theft Auto series, they have also praised the game for the inclusion of new features and its improvement of existing ones from GTA. Saints Row has received ratings of 95/100 from GamePro,[5] 8.75/10 from Game Informer,[5] 80/100 from Official Xbox Magazine,[5] 8.5/10 from IGN,[2] 8.4/10 from GamerNode,[5] and 8.3/10 from GameSpot.[5] GamePro called it "the best reason to own an Xbox 360 this side of Oblivion",[6] while IGN noted, "Hate it if you want to, snicker at its obvious me-too qualities, but don't forget to recognize impressive, kick-ass gameplay as you walk out the door."[2] Saints Row has received an average critic score of 82% on Game Rankings and 81% on Metacritic.[5] The Australian video game talk show Good Game's two reviewers gave the game a 7/10 and 8/10.[7]

Good enough reception, it was looked on positively by critics. Of course critically it wasn't anywhere near as good as GTA, and thank God, but it's still overrated and some people still cling to the belief it's better.

I'm not saying it's criminally overrated like Uncharted 2 (which is still a way better game than Saints Row, for the record), but I think it's overrated enough. The fact that some people actually think it's better than GTA is enough for me to list it. That's INSANE. I mean, I'll let people think what they want, if they want to enjoy it more, fine, but...wow. I don't see how you COULD think that. It's a totally different standard, I mean it's like saying Godfather 3 is better than Godfather 1. The graphics are far cheaper, the gameplay doesn't flow anywhere near as well and the story is so inferior it's not even worth mentioning next to GTA.

Kizza

Reaction score
Halo, all CODS except World At War, any game playing music with plastic instruments and a different one here.

Bioshock.

The Flash

Reaction score
Call of Duty, Halo and Guitar Hero/RockBand.

Those games are ok, but just severely overrated by people. Ive played all of them and didnt really see the hype.

Nitemare

Reaction score
I love the COD games, but in all honesty, I hated them at first but in time they grew on me. I cannot say the same for Halo. I also thought that the Need for Speed series was over rated. Someone said The Sims was puke worthy - I will admit that The Sims 1 was not a great game. But The Sims 2 and the Sims 3 are off the chains. Actually, The Sims 1 was off the chains if you got the expansion packs. Maybe it was my "God" complex - but I love The Sims. But MOST over rated game? For me its an easy pick...Counterstrike.

So much pomp and circumstance, so much hype, and such a let down. Call of Duty actually accomplished what CS thought they would accomplish. Nevertheles,s that's my opinion.