Most lackluster gimmicks?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Out of all the wrestlers, both old, current, and new...
Which do you think had the most lackluster gimmick?

Because one of my favorites once had one of the worst gimmicks, I am going with Isaac Yankem. Not only were the segments involving him bad, but the character was just awful. Nothing about him did anything for anyone. I don't even think he lasted that long before he was canned and rebooted as the more loved Kane.

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
Just look up the WWF's roster from the New Generation era and you can get a slew of terrible gimmicks. Mantaur, T.L. Hopper, Aldo Montoya, The Goon, etc.

That said, I always have to go with Red Rooster as the worst. Poor Terry Taylor's career never recovered from it.

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
cena. thinks hes a rapper. dresses like a kid and wrestles like one. makes friverlous jokes and cant work for toffee. what sort of gimmick is that.

you dont need a gimmick in wrestling. so long as your as sharp as a yorkshire whip in the ring your doin your job.

Reactions: Swift

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Ambrose's whole wacky phase. From being scum who only had wrestling to rely on, to the cocky prick in The Shield, the whole Lunatic Fringe phase was such a let down. From sliming Seth, to the ice buckets, to the cop outfit, to the wackyline, to Mitch the plant, to the Ambrose Asylum. Not to say he hasn't had good periods, such as his stuff with KO and Trips. But the majority of it has been trash.

Just glad he's finally been on the up and up since the brand split has started.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Red Rooster was fairly bad destroyed the guys career.

And the WCW Shockwave thing.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Lord Tensai was silly. Though I liked him :urm: .

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Lord Tensai was silly. Though I liked him :urm: .
Agreed. I loved the big lug as a worker. But they tried to present a big, tattooed white guy as a Japanese lord. Shame since the gimmick only needed minor tweaks to work

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
- Perfect Shawn.
- "Bull Power" Leon White

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Tensai They gave him extended sqaush matches that were boring to watch plus a stupid gimmick for a white dude despite his excellent first post wwe run

Harrison

The Showoff
Reaction score
I was really hoping Apollo Crews would do well but he's just so generic and boring for me to care