Morrison face?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

So, I had a slight idea a few weeks ago that they may make him a heel. When Miz turned on him, I was wondering if he would remain heel, and that was just a way of breaking them up,w ithout either being face, or if it was a way for him to be heel. Now, after tonight, Ihave even more of a feeling about it. During his match with Shelton, he wasn't talked about as being cocky, arrogant, and pompous, like he usually was. Instead, they just said how he's a future megastar, a great superstar, etc. That furthered my suspicions. But then his brawl and promo with Jericho again enhanced it. I'm really thinking he's going to be a face now, and while I'm glad that he's getting a push, and glad he's feuding with Jericho likely (Man, that's gonna be great) I'm not sure a face is what he's cut out to be. He'll have to pretty much start from scratch again now.
Anyone else see him as being a face now, and thoughts on it?

-TJ-

I honestly think it's something WWE wants to try, but putting him in a feud with Jericho is gonna work no matter if Morrison is a bad face or not xD

Morrison can be a good face though because of his athletic ability. Hopefully this gives Morrison a good push. We can only hope...... :D

seX-Power

Did he actually get a face pop during his match with Shelton? I heard one when he won and it's definately not because of his opponent.

MikeRaw

Ya, he got some pops as the match went on. However, they weren't hgue, because he hadn't doen anything to be a face yet. Later, when he was with Jericho, he got some better pops.

captainjacksparrow

Reaction score
yeah not only does it look like a Y2Cheap feud but this was after he defeated Shelton Benjamin; a heel

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
It sounded like Morrisson was getting quite a lot of cheers from the crowd during his entrance. I'd like to see what he can do as a face, it should be interesting, and it will be fairly easy to turn him back heel again if it doesn't work. Besides, SD needs faces atm.

razaki

Reaction score
I just re-watched Morrison's match tonight, and he was definitely getting some face pops.

I didn't hear too many on the entrance, but throughout the match, he got some decent ones - and a pretty substantial one at the end, considering he's technically still a heel.

I'd kill to see him as a face, though.

phantomgerald

I do wonder at this point of his career, whether he can carry it off. I don't think he's at that level in terms of charisma where he can switch between the two sides and do both equally well. But at least give it a try but I hope if it fails, they pull the plug quick and have him revert back to being a heel.

MikeRaw

The only thing that bugged me, is after his match, he had some cheesy face celebration. He had like that lame armp-pump, and like he was clinching his fist going "yes!"... Looked like something out of Smackdown vs Raw 2009.

MikeRaw

Nah, usually he has heel traits. Like he'll cockily smile, maybe rub himself (lol), and flip his hair and all that. Instead, he just kinda did a cheesy little fist pump, smiled, and didn't really come off as cocky.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Im suspect of him being a good face. I dont see how its going to play out, but he's good in the ring so I shall keep an open mind!

CT Styles

I wouldn't mind seeing them try him as a tweener. A smartass who's cocky etc. and uses dirty moves to win but the crowd like him. I really think he can fit that mold.

Reaction score
I think he'll always be a born-heel. I think they will use his face turn to push him up the card, especially with this fued against Jericho. But later on, closer to ME status, they'll turn him hell I think, and have him go on a big time run (similar to Orton's, pre-08 title win) and just build up wicked heel momentum going onto a major title.

I think the face run will work well though. I think he'll again be similar to Orton (during his first face run) at first, but will slip into it a lot better than Orton did. Thats what I'm hoping, anyway.

LKP

Morrison as a face could be a good move on wwe's part. But they have to try quite hard for him to get big pops. For eg, have him come out last if the heel comes out first. It helps him as if he comes out first people wont know who's hes fighting so he might get mixed or booed. Sounds silly but things like that matter to new face and heel turns. Morrison as a face for wwe can be awesome, his moves and charisma could take him higher than wwe want to.