More People Watched A Rain Delay Than An All-Star Game

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

W-olf

Reaction score
credit sbnation

More People Watched A Rain Delay Than An All-Star Game

by Chris Mottram • Mar 1, 2012 1:27 PM EST
Over a half a million more people watched the Daytona 500 rain delay on Sunday than tuned into TNT for the NBA All-Star Game, according to John Ourand. Granted, one was on network television, and one was on cable. But one was also just people talking over shots of puddles.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
It doesn't surprise me. I'd rather watch paint dry than watch a NBA game.

W-olf

Reaction score
Amen man I cant watch any kinda game these days they take too long too many rules and I dont have the patience ffor it .

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
The All Star game was outstanding so whoever choose to watch the Daytona 500 missed out on a real treat.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Unless you hate basketball. And since I hate basketball, I missed out on nothing. :lol:

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
/late. Even if you don't like basketball the whole event was quite good, you would have liked the slam dunk competition the night prior.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
/late. Even if you don't like basketball the whole event was quite good, you would have liked the slam dunk competition the night prior.

You mean the one where I didn't recognize a single person? Yeah, that was real exciting. The slam dunk competition really just needs to go away unless they can entice the real stars like Bryant and James to participate. Years ago it was Jordan, Wilkins and every other big name competing. Now its just a bunch of slobs that are barely recognizable and not marketable in the slightest.

And seriously, the Daytona 500 rain out was way more entertaining than anything the NBA could ever hope to put on. Hell, once the race actually started and Montoya literally drove through a cleaning truck creating a huge fireball, they basically topped the NBA finals before they've even happened.