monkeystyle man's up. (The end of an era)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer

Good on you MS. I gave up weed when I was 18. It felt fabulous. You look and feel cleaner, you feel more attractive, all in all, it feels better, just better.

To be fair, you will have the odd idiot, who will think it is cool to smoke pot etc. but all in all, you will have a lot more respect for giving up.

Congrats. One thing I never once said to myself when giving up was, "I can't do this." Those simple words can drain you're confidence completely.

Just go for it, I am sure you can do it.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Good Luck man. I hear its hard for the cigarettes part and the weed really ain't

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
Well it's good for you MS, I'd do anything to keep someone special happy and comfortable.
It's good to give it up at a young age (no older than 30) so you don't get cancer or anything like that shit...
Since you're giving up pot, you'll probably notice some changes in your behavior...

Qwake

Nice. Good luck with that.
I hope it's the same old MS on here though, although I guess we won't be seeing any more of your high posts :(

Yeah but now there should be alot of posts where Monk goes crazy at guys who haven't done anything wrong, should be fun! :D

Oh and goodluck and whatnot MS :y:

Airfixx

Today is a pretty crazy day for me. Though tbh the last few days have been too.

I guess I've decided that it's about time that I actually start acting really responsible because y'know I have my lady and I am absolutely crazy in love with her and I pretty much just want to do anything to make her happy.

Now with that being said she'd never ask me to do this, but she has stated before that she hates my cigarettes because they stink and my pot smoking because it's too often.

And y'know what? It's time. I've had my fun and I guess I feel it's time to man up and walk that road of responsibility, because I have every intention of being with her for a very long time.

So with that being said I announce the end of an era.

I quit.

No smokes, no pot, nor drugs period. I think she at the very least deserves the best I can give her.

Gonna be hard so just a warning in advance. If at some point over the next few weeks I snap your head off, don't take it personally. I'm just going through withdrawls. :D

Heartwarming stuff, MS! :)

Respect to ya!

I tried to quit the ganja this year and did relatively well; managing 3 months off before getting cocky and about a week later ending up back to having a spliff hanging out of my mouth pretty much every waking, non-working hour.

Biggest tip I can give ya is don't get confident about it (It's always been my undoing when it comes to ganga & cigarettes).... That voice in your head saying "you've proved to yourself that you can do it so no worries" is in fact 'the devil' trying to tempt you back into your old ways.

p.s. Bring on the angst! : P

Airfixx

(A personal experience of quiting) My father was a casual smoker of ciggarets. (spelling) -- And he would use up three packets of twenty five ciggs a day. That is 75 a day.

Fucking hell - That's your definition of a CASUAL smoker????????

Giving them up is easy... It's staying off them that's the hard part (and triple-difficult if you drink booze).

CT Styles

Lol, casual. That's the fucking definition of addicted.

Yeah, weed I rarely, rarely do. It just doesn't appeal to me, my mates do it and I'll just sit back and watch them get high. I'll rip a bong or have a few joints probably once every four-six months.

Ciggies are hard but good on you for doing it for the lady. Hopefully it pays off! :shifty:

Evil Austin

Yeah ^ but hey I give my dad a tone of respect after his heart attack to give it all up in one go. He just put all the cig packets he had in the house in the bin and never bought any more in his life. It probably isn't easy to quit normally with a normal ammount but with what he took I can't even imagine it.

Anyway onto Monkey once again good luck. And we will probably see Monkey going off of his nut on everyone once in a while when he gets withdrawl symptoms.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I'm actually not too bad today.

Well, actually I'm frustrated as hell with my inability to find a decent hotel room on New Year's Eve, or maybe more frustrated with my lack of foresight in this matter and should've booked it like a month ago.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Ha, same situation here MS. I mean minus the whole giving up thing. My father went through the same thing in the midst of my childhood. Although he didn't give up for my mom, he gave up for me, so he to gave the stuff up for someone he cared for. I hope you don't go back MS, and I sound like I know you, or something, but its just being nice really. I hope all is well between you, and you're girl.

Thread of the year imo.

This Guy

wow you must really like her to give all that up. Well good luck to you.

Oh I guess I would be straight edge too....though I really hate that term for some reason....almost makes me want to start drinking just to avoid it. lol

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
wow you must really like her to give all that up. Well good luck to you.

Oh I guess I would be straight edge too....though I really hate that term for some reason....almost makes me want to start drinking just to avoid it. lol

I was like that for the longest time too, but my friends referred to me as that a lot (Chuck's straight edge, so he can DD) that I gave up trying to correct them since technically I am.

Kaedon

Reaction score
MS you need to get back to being a manly man. Follow these steps

1. Go to a hardware store and fondle the power tools

2. Go to a car lot and test drive a vehicle bigger than an SUV (a tank is preferred but an H2 is also acceptable)

3. While you are on said test drive, blast any one of the first 4 Black Sabbath or first 4 or last one Metallica albums.

4. Find a theater in your area that is showing a John Wayne or a Clint Eastwood Marathon and sit through 9 of the 10 movies shown.

5. After all of this, you need a little bit more of a boost, so pick on someone much smaller and weaker than you. Preferably a female between the ages of 10 and 15.