Money in the Bank Money in the Bank 2018 Matches & Predictions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
WTF are you talking about? WWE don't care about hardcore fans because they will watch no matter what. Casual fans are the ones who don't accept shit. When WWE is shit, casual fans stop wrestling. When WWE o bad storylines the casual fans stop wrestling cuz they are only interested in watching a good product cuz they are not die hard

A co-worker of mine was talking about how he loves old-school wrestling, and he bought the Network for a month to watch the Dusty-Flair special because he loved the storylines back in the day and how the common man was able to step up to the lavish billionaires. Great promos, enjoyable matches. It isn't that complicated.

I told him to check out the Gargano/Ciampa feud. He really enjoyed it and wants to watch NXT regularly now.

NXT caters to the casuals. Raw and Smackdown cater to the hardcores, really, because clearly they're trying to coast by on wrestling quality alone

Actual post coming soon.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Might as well kill some time doing this, despite not really following the builds to any of these matches.

Women's MitB
Ember Moon vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Lana vs. Naomi vs. Sasha Banks​

Ember Moon's my pick, mostly because I want her to win, I could see basically anyone walking out of her with the briefcase. Of the Raw roster, I feel like only Ember Moon is really likely, maybe Sasha Banks if they want to finally progress the Bayley/Banks feud past the point of both of them just screwing each-other out of victories so both wind up as losers but I don't know if that feud is even still a priority for them, if it ever was. Oh wait Natalya's on Raw and has a connection to Ronda, she might win this just based on that. I'm still hoping for Ember though, so I'll say her.

Men's MitB
Braun Strowman vs. Finn Bálor vs. The Miz vs. Rusev vs. Bobby Roode vs. Kevin Owens vs. TBA (Big E, Kofi Kingston or Xavier Woods) vs. Samoa Joe​

This again seems like anyone's game, though far less than the Women's, so while someone like Braun Strowman could certainly win, I'm going with Joe.

Last Man Standing
AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Going with Styles, if they were going to have Nakamura win the belt I figured they would've done it at Backlash. Instead, Styles is going to win it, it just feels inevitable. However, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Styles is not walking out of Money in the Bank WWE Champion and that Samoa Joe is cashing-in after the match. I distinctly recall that Joe made his WWE Championship intentions clear during the build of Shinsuke/Styles, before Backlash I believe. And I believe that Joe had the longest journey to qualifying in Money in the Bank, I could be wrong since he was the only one whose qualifier I paid attention to due to Daniel Bryan's involvement, but his qualification into the match was framed as a much bigger deal. And from what I read, he lost on SDL, and generally a lose on the go-home is a good indication of a victory at the PPV (albeit, less so in an eight man match environment). And of course, the Last Man Standing match is custom made to be cashed-in on afterward, plus WWE has a history of same night cash-in's (both Kane and Ambrose have done it before iirc), and it's a pretty easy way to transition between feuds for Styles.

Women's Championship
Nia Jax (c) vs. Ronda Rousey

Ronda Rousey. Ronda's a better long-term and short-term prospect than Nia Jax so having Nia losing here only makes sense. I think the worst case scenario here is to have Nia beat Ronda clean, it's way too soon. And it's probably way too soon for this match in general, but that's a topic for another time.

Women's Championship
Carmella (c) vs. Asuka

Carmella's leaving with the Championship but I can see Asuka winning the match via DQ or something leading to an Extreme Rules encounter where Asuka wins. As for how, I don't know. If the rumors about Ellsworth are true, he's probably the reason though it doesn't make much sense for him to be aiding Carmella considering she Superkick'd his ass on his way out of the company. I could see Ellsworth try and screw Carmella out of the title but botches it so bad and gets Asuka DQ'd, or accidentally hits Asuka, getting Carmella DQ'd and Asuka pissed off so she murders him then and there. This could lead to like a Steel Cage at Extreme Rules or something.

I don't know, they can't be booking towards a clean victory from Carmella. So much of the build to this match has been reinforcing Asuka as the dominant competitor she was prior to her first loss, hence her winning in handicap matches and scoring the victory in the ten woman tag.

Tag Team Championship
The Bludgeon Brothers (Harper and Rowan) (c) vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson

The Bludgeon Brothers are squashing the Good Brothers because that's what they do.

Tag Team Championship
The Bludgeon Brothers (Harper and Rowan) (c) vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson

WWE will swerve us and have The Good Brothers defeat The Bludgeon Brothers.

Intercontinental Championship
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Elias

Rollins shouldn't be dropping the championship anytime soon here.

Singles Matches
Bobby Lashley vs. Sami Zayn
Roman Reigns vs. Jinder Mahal
Daniel Bryan vs. Big Cass

Lashley will win for his Sisters and his right to wear a flat cap. Jinder Mahal will win in boring Jinder Mahal screw-job fashion in an attempt to get fans to cheer for Roman when the feud continues and Roman inevitable gets his win back. Bryan will win against Cass because Cass beat up a midget without permission and Bryan should be moving to [figuratively] bigger things.​

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Let me give being Grievous a shot...

Women's MITB feels like it's too predictable. All the buildup says Natalya's winning, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's to set up either a future challenger or a swerve. With Rousey going into the UFC HOF, plans could change here and a lady from SDL could take home the briefcase... but all of this just seems odd.

The one thing I can see happening is Natalya winning and doing the Seth Rollins cash-in to make it a triple-threat, just for Nia to pin her. Because sometimes you have to fantasy book what sucks the most because don't tell me that's not a likely scenario. Anyway I'm predicting a clean Rousey win in the Raw Women's title match.

Onto SDL, many are calling Ellsworth interfering and causing Carmella the match... Let me do the opposite here and just predict them to do the right thing. Asuka proves she's still dominant over the mouthy broad and wins clean as a sheet, because I'm tired of this. In all the divisions. I get that in 2018 the good workers are naturally the best babyfaces but you can't have your quality talent facing cans in every match. Asuka vs Charlotte rematch please. Asuka vs Becky please. Asuka vs Naomi please. Turn her heel, I don't care, can we get some matchups that sound good with this loaded roster you have?

Speaking of, Bryan vs Joe please. Bryan vs Styles please. Bryan vs Nakamura please. Even though these have happened on Smackdown I'd still love to see some rematches. Let Big Cass take an L here and go to Main Event for a while.

As for the men's MITB, I'm predicting Miz and think it'll be a good call, but think the New Day member should win, because... I don't like MITB going to either damaged characters, untalented wrestlers (when compared to the main eventers), or someone who can just be named #1 contender anyway. I like the idea of Big E or Kofi sneaking in the ME scene.

While a lot of people look at Zayn vs Lashley (prediction. Lashley. Know everyone's upset about him being booked the way he is, but anyone remember in 2014 when Sami Zayn was an obvious choice for the next top babyface of the company? Like some people say Lashley should be? Hell. I would book a double turn here.) as the worst booked feud, my vote goes to Hardy and Wyatt vs the B Team. This is why I like the Dakota Kai storyline on NXT going the way it is. She'll get hers someday just like Bayley did, but you had to wait a year for Bayley and it was worth every single day that you did. Watching the damn B-Team go from nobodies beating other nobodies to fluke-winning a battle royal to squashing dudes to #1 contenders in 4 weeks is the opposite of that. It's a shame Raw doesn't have any other tag teams (hashtag remember the revival) to spend as opponents for now while building up the B-Team in the background... Speaking of. Raw is 3 Hours Long. Three fucking hours of Raw and you can't come up with any cool segments with WOKEN MATT AND BRAY WYATT. Go to the Hardy compound if you want. Hell let Hardy say weird shit over a ghost lantern in the ring I don't care do something

Speaking of tag titles Bludgies retain, next

Seth Rollins and Elias has one good outcome, I think. Elias exploits the injured neck of Rollins and brutalizes the guy, winning the belt relatively clean and getting a truckload of heat as a vicious heel, then you blow over the rematch on Raw as an extended injury angle and then let a recovering Rollins face Reigns for the #1 contendership and get an amazing underdog win and be the best conquering hero ever.

All I can say about Roman vs Jinder is to echo Solid Snake. There are many recent WWE PPV's that should have been a couple of hours. I get why Dominion was 5 1/2 hours long, with their style, the length of the main events, the intermission, etc. There is no excuse for this card being 4 hours. Most recent 3 hour PPV's would have been better at 2. Just make Roman look strong and hit three superman punches in 10 seconds and pin him. Because just like this preview, this show's going to run out of gas and you'll just want to pass out most of the way through. Can I stop typing yet? lol

It'll be interesting to see how Styles vs Nakamura goes, btw. Figure Rousey will main event, but hey, I can't really predict this one but we'll see how it goes.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I predict the entire pay per view will be a complete mess
with the results tailor booked to guarantee most of the
WWE fans with an I.Q higher than that of a dung beetle
are annoyed & pissed off by the time the show is over.

Knowing the WWE...

Carmella will pin Asuka thanks to the returning Blobfish...
Alexa Bitch with win the MitB briefcase thanks to Mickie James...
&
Ronda vs. Nia will end in a no contest...

Ugh...

I actually physically hate wrestling now...like just the thought of
it makes me feel sick...and the thought of fans defending the poor
booking makes me feel even sicker...

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The mens MITB is pretty unpredictable.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Women's MitB

Natalya (but I'm cheering for Becky)

Men's MitB

The Miz

Last Man Standing

AJ Styles (c)

Women's Championship

Ronda Rousey (via DQ)

Women's Championship

Carmella (c)

Tag Team Championship

The Bludgeon Brothers (Harper and Rowan) (c)

Intercontinental Championship

Seth Rollins (c)

Singles Matches

Bobby Lashley

Roman Reigns

Daniel Bryan

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson - Winners Bludgeon Brothers. I just dont see Luke and Karl winning, plus im typeing this dureing the Pre Show so i have no idea if its happened yet or not.

Bobby Lashley vs Sami Zayn - Winner Bobby Lashley. I feel like, or rather i hope WWE are smart enough to just end this feud before they make it worse.

Daniel Bryan vs Big Cass - Winner Daniel Bryon. I dont see them making Bryon lose to Big Cass, they should know Daniel shouldnt even be in this match.

Roman Reigns vs Jinder Mahal - WInner Jinder Mahal. Because theres no way this feud will end so soon, not if Vince has anything to say about it....why does this exist again?

Nia Jax (c) vs Ronda Rousey - Winner Nia Jax. Even if Ronda is from the UFC, that doesnt mean shes gotta be a woman Brock Lesnar, she needs more time to get better on the mic, its just too soon.

Carmella (c) vs Asuka - WInner Asuka. There is no way Asuka isn't winning here, atleast not in my eyes, Carmella is a really good heel, but Asuka needs this win more then she does.

Seth Rollins (c) vs Elias - WInner Elias. Elias has been fantastic both in the ring and on the mic, He should become champion, while Seth is also great, i just think Elias could use a title now.

AJ Styles (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura - Winner Shinsuke Nakamura. No way Nakamura is gonna lose again, this is where Shinesuke needs to beat AJ for the title, he simply has to at this point. Also Bonus prediction, i predict THIS will be the 5+ Star match from these two that we have all been waiting for since WrestleMania.

Women's Money in the Bank - Winner Becky Lynch. Yes yes i know the rumors all say Natalia, but honestly Becky needs it so much more then she does.

Men's Money in the Bank - Winner The Miz. I know, shocker, two smackdown superstars with MITB, sounds impossible right? well WWE love to make us believe anythings possible in WWE, so im gonna go with who i think SHOULD win. Miz has been on fire lately, his matches are great and his mic skill has vastly improved. Hes earned this, he deserves it.