Monday Night Raw Discussion Thread 09-24-2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Hollywood Dolph'sZiggler said:
You may get kicked in the nads or sucker punched but as far as brutality and severe injuries I have serious doubts that rugby is nearly as violent as the NFL.

Of course I am speaking slightly out of ignorance because I have virtually no experience watching high level rugby and have only played it myself a few times. but if you want to have a video-down of NFL vs Rugby violence I'm fairly confident you would eventually agree with me.

You're right. NFL players hit harder than rugby players. That's a fact supported by the NFL, the IRB, and every group that's ever done such a study.

The reason that rugby players don't hit as hard is because they're not wearing pads. When you hit somebody in American football, you don't really feel it (experience is a badass teacher). When you hit somebody in rugby, you feel it just as well as the other guy.

In consequence, there's a much lower incidence of major injuries in rugby than in American football.

So, NFL players hit harder and get injured more often. As a lifelong football player and fan, I'm not sure that makes it a better sport. But, hey, I like watching people pretend to fight each other, too.

wk

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Rain said:
I'll pass, but if you need anyone to neg rep you to keep you at 420 feel free to ask

Fuck you then dude

you just got kicked the fuck out mah club

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I love you

It's smaller than R Albins :pity:

Stop hating on my girl GN

So much win. This is why I love you, too.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Wacokid27 said:
You're right. NFL players hit harder than rugby players. That's a fact supported by the NFL, the IRB, and every group that's ever done such a study.

The reason that rugby players don't hit as hard is because they're not wearing pads. When you hit somebody in American football, you don't really feel it (experience is a badass teacher). When you hit somebody in rugby, you feel it just as well as the other guy.

In consequence, there's a much lower incidence of major injuries in rugby than in American football.

So, NFL players hit harder and get injured more often. As a lifelong football player and fan, I'm not sure that makes it a better sport. But, hey, I like watching people pretend to fight each other, too.

wk

I'm not trying to say violence = better sport. I'm not even saying football > rugby, it's just a cultural thing. I'm also not proud of the violence in American football.

I just find it hilarious when Europeans say "Football? lol, they wear pads. So soft"- even though I'm sure they are trolling most of the time

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Impossible to compare without spending effort getting tons of videos, I doubt I'll ever agree any sport being as rough as rugby. You do get trampled every single game -- though I've not heard of deaths -- and you wear NO padding. You can get drop-kicked in the arm in NFL and barely feel it. It will never be as brutal as Rugby as long as they wear that padding, I'm sorry. But Rugby is basically a less strict version of NFL with no pads.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmFMo79Q7WQ[/yt]

I'm sure -- though of course not certain -- that these types of things (fights, gouges, roughness) are more common in Rugby too, you're guaranteed this stuff in EVERY game.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
This got gay quicker than usual. Quick, GN, post something about your tits!

My tits are awesome! I play with them all the time.

(Sorry I didn't see this earlier.)

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Impossible to compare without spending effort getting tons of videos, I doubt I'll ever agree any sport being as rough as rugby. You do get trampled every single game -- though I've not heard of deaths -- and you wear NO padding. You can get drop-kicked in the arm in NFL and barely feel it. It will never be as brutal as Rugby as long as they wear that padding, I'm sorry. But Rugby is basically a less strict version of NFL with no pads.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmFMo79Q7WQ[/yt]

I'm sure -- though of course not certain -- that these types of things (fights, gouges, roughness) are more common in Rugby too, you're guaranteed this stuff in EVERY game.

As Waco said though, the padding actually encourages bigger hitting, more violence and creates more injuries.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Anyone have the odds on how long this stays on topic? Can't see the nWo making it through the first hour.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82