Moments in history that you still mark out to?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
First wrestling topic thread I've made in probably a year or two and I miss friendly discussions about the business so I was thinking about this question. What are those moments in wrestling history that you still get goosebumps from and completely mark out even though you have seen it a thousand times?

I have a big list so I'll just name a few with no particular order. I'll start off with seeing Scott Hall debut on Nitro. " You know who I am, but you don't know why I'm here. " That was a golden moment in wrestling history and it still gives chills down my spine. It was played perfect with speculation that WWF was invading WCW.

Then there was the time D-Generation X really invaded WCW. Too bad they didn't let them in. Lol

Chris Jerichos WWF debut is another great one. The crowd new it was him but the debut was still amazing with the clock down and confrontation with the Rock.

Foley/Taker hell in a cell. I know it's on my list and I'm sure everyone else still marks out when they see it as well.

Rock/Austin from Wrestlemania 17 is on here as well. Just watching the pre match promo gives me goosebumps.

Edge spearing Jeff Hardy from the top of the ladder at Wrestlemania 17. That spear may have shortened his career but it's a moment we will never forget.

Triple H returning at MSG in 2002 was a big one for me because he was my favorite at the time and the crowd reaction was priceless.

Any of the HBK/Triple H matches from 02 through 04.

Edge cashing in the money in the bank on Cena. First time a mitb was cashed in and I was shocked.

Edge spearing Foley through the flaming table at Wrestlemania 22. First time someone went through a flaming table in WWE and it is the most extreme way I have ever seen a flaming table used with one man spearing another man through one.

Cena vs RVD at One Night Stand. It's one of my favorite matches of all time. Not because of the match itself but the hatred towards Cena was insane. Plus I'm a big RVD fan myself so seeing him finally win the WWE Championship was a good feeling.

Not a Cena mark by no means but him returning at the Rumble in 08 is another mark out moment for me. Nobody had any idea he would return that night and the fans went nuts. A lot of Rumble winners are predictable but that Rumble was far from in it.

The Orton/Triple H match at Wrestlemania 25 was awful but every thing leading up to that match was must see for me. I mark out when I see Orton punt Mr. McMahon in the head or when he DDT'd Stephanie and sealed it with a kiss while her husband watched while handcuffed to the ropes. Then Triple H breaking into his home and throwing him through his living room window. Must see TV.

HBK/Undertaker at Wrestlemania 25 was a gift of God. The match at Wrestlemania 26 was great too but there first Wrestlemania match, every time I watch it, I am sitting there in awe of how great it was.

CM Punks pipe bomb. I certainly didn't see it coming and I could watch it over and over. One of the best promos of all time.

Punk beating Cena and walking out of Chicago with the WWE Championship. The match was unpredictable with Punk's contract coming to an end and it was great storytelling, especially the kiss CM Punk blew to Mr. McMahon before leaving through the crowd.

Lesnar returning to Raw and hitting Cena with an F-5.

The most recent one would be Daniel Bryan turning on Wyatt and him on too of the cage with the crowd chanting Yes! I did not see a single person sitting down.

I got a little carried away but being a wrestling fan, that's probably not even a fourth of my list.

Shakey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
my all time mark out moment is when the honkey tonk man and the harts were beating macho up and liz stepped in i love how it was paced and gave the fans a chance to take it in before HTM pushed her away and she got hulk and the Mega powers were born

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Anytime Natural Born Killaz hit the speakers and New Jack comes out to fuck some shit up.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The Ricky Steamboat/Ric Flair feud.

Triple H pretendin' to be KANE to RAPE the brains out of a FAKE Katie Vick.

Mr. Wonderful yellin' about whether he is still Mr. Wonderful and psychic Gary Spivey shows up.

The Real Man's Man William Regal.

The formation of WCW's Blue Bloods. The vignettes for Bobby Eaton's transformation are amazing.

Classic matches, I could be here all day namin' them but I'll stick with my Steamboat/Flair here.

Last edited:

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Savage & Liz Summerslam
Lita winning her 1st women's title
Anytime austin got 1up on vince
Shawn vs Taker wm 25
Sting at Fallbrawl 96

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Lex Luger racks Hogan to win the WCW World Heavyweight Championship on Nitro's 100th episode. Not because I was ever a fan of Luger (I wasn't), but because Hogan held that belt for two years running at that point. Really, a change was needed, and I'd have marked for Louie Spiccolli if he took it from him.

Raven returns to ECW in the middle of Tommy Dreamer vs The Dudleys for the ECW Tag Team Championships. Actually, any time Raven showed up on my screen. This is just the one that stuck out the most.

Triple H comes out the week after being "bitten by a giant rattlesnake", gives a tear jerking promo, and offers the title to Austin...then attacks Austin while "handing him the belt." I was a fan of Hunter ever since.

Kane ripping the door of the Hell in a Cell.

I could go on and on.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Lex Luger racks Hogan to win the WCW World Heavyweight Championship on Nitro's 100th episode. Not because I was ever a fan of Luger (I wasn't), but because Hogan held that belt for two years running at that point. Really, a change was needed, and I'd have marked for Louie Spiccolli if he took it from him.

Raven returns to ECW in the middle of Tommy Dreamer vs The Dudleys for the ECW Tag Team Championships. Actually, any time Raven showed up on my screen. This is just the one that stuck out the most.

Triple H comes out the week after being "bitten by a giant rattlesnake", gives a tear jerking promo, and offers the title to Austin...then attacks Austin while "handing him the belt." I was a fan of Hunter ever since.

Kane ripping the door of the Hell in a Cell.

I could go on and on.

I marked for that at the time. Also, it felt like it was Luger's time to run with the title, should have known that crook Hogan would get it back!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It was hard to mark out over any nWo defeat, because you just knew they would get the upper hand some way. Learned that after that atrocity called Souled Out.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It was hard to mark out over any nWo defeat, because you just knew they would get the upper hand some way. Learned that after that atrocity called Souled Out.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
BENOIT winning the title at WM2o and Eddie coming out to celebrate whilst being showered in confetti. :(

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
BENOIT winning the title at WM2o and Eddie coming out to celebrate whilst being showered in confetti. :(

Will always be my favorite wrestling moment of all time.

Other mark out moments would be Jericho returning in 2007 with the Jericode, and then again when he was the surprise 2nd entrance in the rumble.

Jericho winning the Undisputed title.

Bryan beating Cena at Summerslam.

Every single money in the bank cash in except Del Rios, Ortons, and Cenas.

Undertaker and Triple H returning on the same night to fight at Mania

Foley winning the title for the first time, and Michaels winning the title for the first time.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think Eddie's title win was way more of a markout moment than Benoits even if it wasn't at 'Mania. THAT FUCKING POP

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I think Eddie's title win was way more of a markout moment than Benoits even if it wasn't at 'Mania. THAT FUCKING POP

Eddie's win was huge but I think what makes the Mania moment more special was that it was both Eddie and Chris, two best friends each on top at the 20th anniversary of Mania.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Eddie's win was huge but I think what makes the Mania moment more special was that it was both Eddie and Chris, two best friends each on top at the 20th anniversary of Mania.

See, I consider a special moment that, but a markout moment is one that has you on the edge of your seat reacting with the crowd. That was just a feel good moment but I don't mark to it like I do Eddie's win. All my markout moments mainly stem from huge pops.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Yeah but I believed that wrestling was a sport back then with an entertainment aspect to it that was the difference.

Eddie winning the title was more unexpected, but then I was more pleased for Benoit, their just different I guess.