Mike Knox... Potential or just another Snitsky?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

I wanna hear what everyone thinks of this guy... WWE seems to be interested in him, at least enough to expieriment. I know JR likes him, because onscreen, he's always saying how impressive he is (like he should) but he does that out of character as well, on his blog (jrsbarbq.com).
He seems to think he has talent, and apparently so does WWE. What are your thoughts on him though? Does he have the potential to be something, or is he another Snitsky type?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I don't see anything special in the guy. In my eyes, he's just another Snitsky. A generic monster type guy, that's it.

davidian13

Reaction score
I kinda disagree, maybe its just me, but I think Mike Knox is the next great "big man" wrestler. WWE needs to avoid that trend of hiring oversized and immobile guys like The Great Khali or Big Daddy V. They need to get back to hiring guys that fit the build of those like The Undertaker, Kane, Diesel, Sid, etc. Mike Knox fits that mold. For a big guy Knox is pretty athletic and light on his feet yet still big enough to be perceived as a believable monster. Again maybe its just me but I think with some grooming and an "actual gimmick" Mike Knox could be a main eventer. As stated before JR is behind him so maybe well see him step up soon. I hope to god he doesnt become a waste of space like Snitsky was

Hometown Kid

I actually like the guy, and he's been booked better than Snitsky was. Hell, he was in a world title match 2 months ago. Just a few simple changes could be made and he could be something special...

- New music
- New non generic ring attire
- MORE MIC TIME! The guy is really good on the mic, but this "monster" stuff is holding him back.

Basically just stop booking him as another monster guy, give him a chance to show some personality in other ways instead of just "Psycho". He's still a little green in-ring but he has some okay moves, and needs to work on that part before he's let loose into anything big.

MikeRaw

I'm finding myself agreeing with Hometown Kid right now. I'm not guaranteeing he'll amount to anything, not at all, but I do think he has the potential to do something good, and has far more potential than a Snitsky did. Again though, only time will tell.

Moonlight Drive

I fucking hate this guy. I mean, there's generic and annoying, and then you go up a step and you get to Mike Knox.

I understand what Mike/Dylan are saying, but I just realy dislike everything about him. His moveset, the way he's been pushed and failed multiple times, the way he talks on the mic, his look and that unsightly hairy beer belly. GTFO. Honestly, I'd rather watch Snitsky.

seX-Power

Mike Knox has something about him that keeps me from hating him. He's certainly generic right now, but I feel he has real potential which could be utilized with the following things: New music, new attire, a proper feud and some mic time would all benefit him greatly.

I think and hope he will become a future main eventer and I'm not just saying that cause he's in my GM pool.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I'm a Mike Knox fan. Ever since he returned with the beard how it is and without the Kelly storyline, and just kinda bullying little guys a bit, I just think he's got a good chance. I hope they put him in a match with someone credible and actually have him put on a great match, hell, give him a bonus and let him win it. He's not really one of these generic monsters IMO. He's not quite as big and roided out.

I wish they'd put him in some decent attire as said above. Give him something that fits his image. Hell, I could imagine somewhere inbetween Austin and Sandman as far as drinking and kicking ass. Just as long as they don't go the route of a lumberjack like that horrible Regal gimmick a few years back.

IDK, I see a lot of potential in him. He's got a decent moveset, tbh. His shit early on in ECW wasn't bad. I hope they do something good with him and avoid the cliche monster-type.

noumenon

Knox IS fuckin impressive.
He looks fuckin devestating in the ring and is really quick for a big guy. He looked good for a while on RAW before having him play bitch to Rey again and again. Hopefully they'll utalize him well on Smackdown because I really think he does have potential. He's worlds better than Shitsky and shouldn't be lumped anywhere near him.

Enigma22

Reaction score
hes definitely a lot better then snitsky but i dont think he will ever accomplish much more then snitsky did which is nothing. he might get a short us championship run or something but he will never do much.

mancilla 86

Reaction score
i actually got to see him wrestle goldust 5 feet away from me at the wrestlemania fan axxess this year and i was pretty impressed although half the people didnt like him and were cheering for goldust..i see potential in him to be an upper mid carder but as a heel

Klide

Ehh to me he's just another snitsky just with a higher voice lol. Idont see why wwe should be interested in him because he is exacly like snitsky the hair the height and beast like and if snitsky didn't really go no where why should wwe think he can not unless he changes his ways. But hometown kid is right the monster thing is holding him back. You never know he could be a kevin Nash but a lower class if wwe knows how to use him. Let's say put him with another heel but not quite his size for example as a tag partner let's say some one like matt hardy and bam it could be like the outsiders 2.0 LOL and it can escalate from there.

Qwake

Mike Knox has something about him that keeps me from hating him. He's certainly generic right now, but I feel he has real potential which could be utilized with the following things: New music, new attire, a proper feud and some mic time would all benefit him greatly.

I think and hope he will become a future main eventer and I'm not just saying that cause he's in my GM pool.

Definitely his beard.

I dunno with this guy, when he was put in that 5-Man tag match at Survivor Series a few years back and he got pinned in like 10 seconds and HBK asked if he was in the match I thought that was his career done and he was like Snitsky Jr but then over the years WWE rebuilt him a little and now they obviously like him for moving him to RAW and throwing him in a mini feud with Mysterio and also letting him last around 40mins in the Royal Rumble so they must like him. I prefer him to Snitsky although it was fun to diss Snitsky, Knox is better in ring but I agree with HTK, don't make him out to be another Kane type of character just because he's big, just use him like a normal guy who is.....big. Give him a little mic time and see what he can do, if he's shit just job him out (then he will definitely be like Snitsky.)

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Does anyone else see the potential to do with him like they did with Triple H early on in his badass days? I think they need to see what he can REALLY do in the ring, let him become a mat technician (something tells me this guy knows how to grapple). Then let him start kicking ass, put him in some street fights to keep him with that tough appearance, and maybe throw him into some upper-midcard feuds to see how he fares with the light on him. I think he can speak on the mic, I think the WWE is hesitant at the moment though. But the only way you'll elevate on the mic is with mic time, and they need to give the guy a chance.

IDK, I honestly see success for Knox if they push him and avoid goin' the route of any Fort Knox play. I think dude can be a sell. He's not really a monster or Nash type solely for the fact that he's only 6'6.

The guy worked with Paul Heyman in the past as well, and his moveset (peep his work with Joe in UPW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLm42pR6Ax8

IDK, I think he has a lot of potential.

phantomgerald

Just another Snitsky. He has no charisma, and he scares no one.