Mike Knox... Potential or just another Snitsky?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LadyHotrod

I really wish they would just drop him already. He's boring and isn't going to get anywhere. He's just another generic pissed off guy with a huge beard. I can't see him doing anything special in the WWE and I'm surprised he's still there.

Reaction score
The way he has been booked has sucked, and I think thats why people are drawing the Snitsky comparisons. But people who are saying the man can't work are wrong. The man can straight up outwork every hoss on the E roster besides Taker and he has a slightly generic look but the beard gives it a twist and he definitely looks like he doesn't take the juice so those are all pluses for the guy.

The thing the guy needs ISN'T more mic time, he needs a mouthpiece. Every successful monster has always come in with a manager to get them over. Paul Bearer for Taker and Kane, Kimchi for Kamala, Heenan for Bundy, the translators for Khali and most importantly Paul Heyman for Brock Lesnar. For a monster character to work properly he has to have some kind of guidance before you let him off the chains so to speak. Build him up, get him over using the mouthpiece, than set him free however it fits whatever storyline. A manager would definitely give some direction to Mike Knoxx as that is something he has sorely lacked. But I think as with tag wrestling, the WWE has given up on real managers and that is a sad thing and it's really hurting the guys that need character development and the WWE booking already limits that for everyone not in the main event.

LKP

I think that the wwe have picked the right show for Knox to shine. Smackdown is the wrestling and could benefit Knox in the long run. Raw he would have been buried by the heels and hes been on ecw already. I think he should start destroying the mid card faces and get new music. Few weeks later have him pin say jeff or rey. Then give him new attire, then have him beat punk etc, then come survivor series have him by the guy who taker taker out. And if wwe really wanna push him have him fight taker at Wm 26 lol.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Nah, hes another Snitsky. Hes not agile like Kane is. He cant sell like Kane does. And, well, hes not Kane.

LKP

I don't want him to be Kane I want him to be pushed actually. I mean ok Kane maybe retiring soon. And taker is not going to last forever, but WWE needs a big guy to push and use, and i think its Mike Knox. He is quite agile i mean that jumping boot he does is quite impressive and when was the last time someone like knox could wrestle like Jeff hardy? What more do you want in the ring from Knox?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Wrestle like Jeff Hardy? You're reaching, there. If you're going to compare his abilities to a Hardy, it's Matt. But seriously, if you give him a good gimmick and stick with the image he has, book him great, dude can be a key player in the WWE.

LKP

I meant people say he is not agile and crap int he ring. I meant he isnt going to be a Jeff hardy in the ring as in sarcasm. I know no big men in the wwe apart from taker is that good in the ring.

Airfixx

I like the 'quiet monster' aspect of his character.... With what they were saying about him beingsome what studious on SD this week, I think if they ran with the idea of him being very intelligent, cold and calculated, with solid wrestling fundamentals he could do well... Admittedly it IS all a bit 'Cerebral Assasin'-like as somewhat alluded to above, but I think as a gimmick for him, it defo has legs...

straight_edge76

Mike Knox has POTENTIAL with that being the main part. There have been tons of people with potential if given this or that. But for one reason or another. But he has been repeadedly pushed by the WWE and I think that they are high on him. Since he has had just about as many big pushes in his short time with the WWE as Kane lol. His beard imo irritates me but if given the correct character perhaps a Lumberjack or something then it could work wonders for him but he seems generic and he is not Brock Lesner who could get by with no character he needs either a mouthpeice or a character revamping to be given a shot at any sort of championship in the E.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Mike Knox has POTENTIAL with that being the main part. There have been tons of people with potential if given this or that. But for one reason or another. But he has been repeadedly pushed by the WWE and I think that they are high on him. Since he has had just about as many big pushes in his short time with the WWE as Kane lol. His beard imo irritates me but if given the correct character perhaps a Lumberjack or something then it could work wonders for him but he seems generic and he is not Brock Lesner who could get by with no character he needs either a mouthpeice or a character revamping to be given a shot at any sort of championship in the E.

Just as long as they don't go the route of a lumberjack like that horrible Regal gimmick a few years back.

Hell no! That would be horrible! We need to get past these lame gimmicks. BTW, his soft-voiced persona is recommended by WWE to make him seem more diabolical in that he doesn't feel he's doing anything wrong when he randomly attacks people. And whoever said he's not as agile as Kane... dude does diving legdrops and body splashes, and has pulled out moonsaults. I get that he's a lot bigger now than he used to be, but even Vader was pulling moonsaults like open-hand punches. Knox has quickness to go with his power.

BTW, hating on the beard = jealousy of the fact that you can't grow such a badass beard. IMO, he's got a Zakk Wylde kinda thing going on. Still has a ways to go, but he's getting there. I say go with a metal-head/cerebral assassin kinda character as I mentioned before, just have him be a total badass. He doesn't have to dominate the ME scene, but at least be a part of it with some awesome feuds, I think he definitely has the potential. Maybe get him into some submission shit to show that he's well-rounded and studious as mentioned above.

I'd love to see him work with Striker if Striker goes back to managing, but let Striker guest commentate when he's at ringside for Knox, and pull some stunts. They could pull some kinda knowledgeable duo to show everyone. Not quite as black and white (no pun intended) as Big Daddy V and Striker, but have 'em show that they're able to work.

IDK, I see a lot of potential in several routes they could take Knox.