Mickie James Signs With TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
As PWInsider.com broke a few hours ago in our Elite section, we've heard from multiple sources today that TNA and former WWE Women's champion Mickie James have come to terms and if they haven't already, will be signing a deal shortly.

Sources indicate TNA President Dixie Carter personally signed James, who is expected to debut next month, likely on the 10/7 live Impact or 10/10 Bound for Glory PPV.
Another source believed James was putting pen to paper today, which I could not confirm. TNA sources absolutely indicated they were aware of the signing.

Looks like her music career didn't work out to well if she is returning to wrestling so quick, will be interesting to see if she still persues it whilst wrestling in TNA. She wrestled for them before she went to WWE but TNA is a completely different creature now.

Big signing for TNA since their Knockouts division really needs a boost. They brought back Tara and now having Mickie James their it will help the wrestling quality and overall awareness of the division.

She will, and rightly should be, champion within two months of debuting.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
No reason why she can't do both the country music thing as well as wrestling. I never got why WWE saw her music career as a bad thing, surely if she did well it would only boast her and WWE's profile.

Anyway great signing, and much needed for the knockouts, altrough I think they should put off her first reign as champ for awhile so that when it does happen it would be all the more special.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I guess WWE like full control over their stars and prefer them to focus on just one thing. If she did do well she would need time off for recording and touring and I can't see WWE giving her special treatment for that. Chris Jericho gets it but he is a veteran and a maineventer for them who adds much more value to the show.

It is a great signing by TNA as this isn't a washed up star it is a legitimate big star who can add a lot to the KO's division. I am not sure if they will put off her first title reign, Angelina Love is currently champion and she only recently returned but I see James needed a big feud right away. If it isn't with the Beautiful People I really don't know who it could be.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think that makes WWE hipycites, because when the project is something to do with them [like WWEFilms] then thats okay, but if its outside the company they don't like it. Which is a bit of a shitty attuide I think.

RobyD

Reaction score
Well hopefully they pump a little life into a dwindling division that has no direction. I really enjoyed the Knockouts Division in the past, but it was more when they had the three big acts with Kong, Tara/Kim and BP. But now with no Kong, a Heel Tara, and Face BP, it just seems so awkward. Hopefully we can see them fix it up a bit.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think the Beauitful People have been a really strong heel faction, and Angelina Love a good wrestler, but outside of them there is not enough depth. I think there are some good female talent in TNA just most of them hardly ever get the chance to shine

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Good pickup. She was slipping at the end of her WWE run with a lot of botches though, so if she isn't focused on Wrestling this could be a disaster.

xXSlaveXx

Reaction score
Well, guess it'll HOPEFULLY make a memorable moment at Bound For Glory, that'd be a feel good moment for a bunch of James fans. I am not one of her fans however but I don't know, anyone who wrestles for WWE at the moment is supposed to be like candy for TNA.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
To be fair WWE did treat Mickie pretty bad in the last two or three years of her stay there, and there was a lot going on personally so it maybe understandable her taking the foot off the pendle. Considering what she gave to that promotion, she deserved better. TNA might be the fresh start she needs.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Just hopefully TNA gives her something good. I'm definitely hoping for a Mickie/Tara feud. Because the one they were about to have in WWE was going to be good but it was cut extremely short and Victoria was jobbed out before eventually leaving. So the only question left is... what is her name in TNA going to be?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Just checking her wiki and surprisingly it seems that Mickie James is her real name so surely she can still use that. If not I see her going back to the name she used previously in the indies and in her original run in TNA, Alexis Laree.

A Mickie vs Tara feud would be good since they both finished their careers in WWE on a bad note after WWE decided to job them out and not treat them with the respect that their talents deserved.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well since real names can't be copyrighted she could use it. And I think that would benefit her and TNA more since people know her better as Mickie James rather than Alexis Laree.

So since these two women, Mickie and Victoria, used to be the sole reason I'd watch Raw... guess who is gonna be watching more of iMPACT! :p

xXSlaveXx

Reaction score
Looking forward to it, as TNA have released more knockouts and not signed anyone as replacements. James should hopefully spice things up a bit and open up a few feuds.

oobydooby

Reaction score
When Mickey James first left WWE I predicted and hoped she would be snapped up by TNA, the only question I have is why did it take so long?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Mickie probably had a 90 day no compete clause which the majority of WWE wrestlers have. She would have had to wait three months before she could appear on another wrestling television show or PPV.

Now she is in TNA and debuted this week on Impact being announced as the special gues referee for the Knockouts title match at Bound For Glory. After that I see her feuding with the winner and winning the title very soon.