Mick Foley

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I know that Mick Foley is the current color commentator on SmackDown!, (which might end after SummerSlam if he doesn't renew his WWE contract), but after what we saw with him on SmackDown! last week, we realize that he still has some gas left in the tank; he can still make awesome promos, like no one before and he can also take sick bumps. I would love to see Mick Foley come back and renew his feud with Edge for what he did to him last week and see how that plays out because anybody who feuds with Mick Foley nowadays, par Carlito, will go on and elevate their career into the next level, for example: Edge and Randy Orton, and Ric Flair doesn't count because he couldn't get any higher in his career than what he was in the past during and after his feud with Mick Foley in the Summer of 2006. Either that or maybe Mick Foley will make his comeback in ECW and feud with the young, upincoming wrestlers over there, with a possible return of the one they call, Cactus Jack or maybe he'll renew his feud with John Morrison because of what his girl friend, Melina, did to him back in 2006, who knows, but one thing's for sure, never rule Mick Foley out in terms of a comeback because he is no stranger to the term, "comeback."

MikeRaw

How does he have gas left in the tank? All he did was cut a promo. Bruno Sammartino and Sgt Slaughter can do that too, let's bring tem back... [/sarcasm]
He couldn't put on a good match anymore. Ya, he can take a bump, but so can JoeGeneric down the street, btu that's not enough anymore. Foley is still over, but he could only come back as an underdog, and that would wear thin QUICK. He can only stay over asa commentator and/or special appearances.
Also, back to the bumps... His bumps nowadays will still be sick, but if he came back, that would wear out fast. He can take bumps now like once every 6 months, but full time, he would be dying after a few hardcore matches...

So the only thing he can rely on if he came back is actual wrestling... Foley was never good at that in the first place, and wouldn't be in the same league as the HHH's, Edge's, Punk's, Orton's, Batoista's, Cena's, and others of today.

So ya, he has nothing going for him to dictate a return.
He can't wrestle now, and his bumps would be limited, and we need new stars, not an old guy taking up space.
His time is done, and it should stay that way, as a commentator.

Klide

there's abig chance that he's going to TNA if he dose not sign a contract with wwe

MikeRaw

^^^
As reported earlier, Mick Foley could be on his way out of WWE. Should he not re-sign with WWE, he would be immediately available to sign with TNA. However, there has been zero talk on the TNA side regarding the possibility of the addition of Foley, at least that we know of, but you'd have to think that they'd be very interested in his services should he become available.
Nope.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
If he made a return as a non-commentator, he would be pretty sick as a manager for someone that doesn't have the mic skills or just isn't over enough. Foley's pops have been becoming less and less loud whenever he makes an appearance, so I guess he could help get someone else over as a manager.

Moonlight Drive

I could actually picture a Foley/Umaga pairing. Foley wanting to make others feel the pain he's felt, and using Umaga to do it

But Mick coming back would be useless. Unless it's a one-off match at Wrestlemania or something, or just a surprise entrant in the Rumble. Manager maybe, but Foley just can't go anymore

Reaction score
When I make the term, "comeback", in regards to Mick Foley, I know it's gonna be a short term deal, but all the matches he's been in are entertaining, even the ones during his 2004-2008, a couple matches a year, thing, but I think bringing Mick Foley as a wrestler in the ECW brand would be a good thing because the ratings will go up, reaching SmackDown! rating's status and it'll be good for him to work with the young wrestlers there, getting them over as performers and making them threats to championship gold and Mick Foley, returning to ECW, could mean that Mick Foley might have another "World" title reign left in him, with winning the ECW Championship and lets face it, he'd make a much better ECW Champion than Mark Henry.

DanDaMan

Reaction score
I doubt that Foley will go to TNA come on. Okay so he doesn't have a contract he'll be back . Write a book and boom car crashes and out comes the craziest man ever in the WWE.

Spity94

Reaction score
Theirs no way that Foley will sign with TNA,come on,right now all hes doing is beign a commentator.If he doesnt renew his contract and TNA tries to get him,what is he gonna do?

Hes not gonna wrestle,if hes gonna wrestle he would of stayed in the wwe cause i honestly think foley is loyal to it.Are they gonna put him as another commentator yelling "Did you see that!?" every match? or maybe put him as a manager,but if hes gonna be doing that he might aswell stick with the wwe for he'll get paid more,the only thing he would do imo is be working behind the scenes and that might get alittle more fans under tnas belt but nothing will really change since hes behind the scenes.And he would still get paid more by the wwe by working behind the scenes than TNA

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
^ Mick is considering leaving because he's sick of Vince screaming at him, because apparently Vince feels that Mick is unable to speak without help and that if he wasn't there Mick would open his mouth and meat would fall out. I think once Mick got a taste of how TNA is run no amount of money would coax him back to WWE.

the fishy fish

Reaction score
mick foley and wrestling is not a good idea at this stage of his life. he is better staying as a commentator because after the hell in a cell match against the undertaker, he should have just retired there.

seX-Power

Theirs no way that Foley will sign with TNA,come on,right now all hes doing is beign a commentator.If he doesnt renew his contract and TNA tries to get him,what is he gonna do?

Hes not gonna wrestle,if hes gonna wrestle he would of stayed in the wwe cause i honestly think foley is loyal to it.Are they gonna put him as another commentator yelling "Did you see that!?" every match? or maybe put him as a manager,but if hes gonna be doing that he might aswell stick with the wwe for he'll get paid more,the only thing he would do imo is be working behind the scenes and that might get alittle more fans under tnas belt but nothing will really change since hes behind the scenes.And he would still get paid more by the wwe by working behind the scenes than TNA

exactly, i seriously doubt he would wrestle full time going to TNA, and they dont need him for any other reason. the one thing that might lure him to TNA is the decreased work schedule but for a man his age and tear, it is highly unlikely he would go to TNA to full time wrestle anyway. i see him staying in the WWE, but then eventually leaving due to some dispute, idk

Reaction score
I don't think he'd go there to wrestle. Maybe become the new head of managment or something of that nature. Better yet, he could take over for Don West.

If what Foley says is true about Vince telling announcers what to say...it's really time to leave.

the fishy fish

Reaction score
I don't think he'd go there to wrestle. Maybe become the new head of managment or something of that nature. Better yet, he could take over for Don West.

If what Foley says is true about Vince telling announcers what to say...it's really time to leave.

For mike foley to take over Don west would be the best move TNA would do now. and it would get a :y: from everyone. Mick foley has been part of the WWE management right? a role in TNA that is not wrestling would be fantastic.