Miami's Crowd

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lewb

Reaction score
Hmmm. Just what you said had nothing to do with the crowd, s'all

No way will the London crowds beat that. Everythings too predictable in the UK. Plus no Rock.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
This crowd was really amazing. Hell, even cody Rhodes got cheered.

LOLed when they chanted "Lets go A-Train!"

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
The crowd were just fine in the sense that they came to the arena hyped as fuck. But WWE deflated their interest with not only a terrible opening, but a poor opening hour. Things started boring and stayed boring up until Hell In a Cell began.

The reason this is important is because, as any kind of live performer knows, you're supposed to use your strongest material at the beggining and at the end. The opening sets the tone for the show and affects how much fun you have, while the ending completely affects how you remember the show after its over (Death Note and Mass Effect are two good examples of a consistently solid series in every way that will be forever tainted by the disappointing final moments).

The ending for the WM28 main event was interesting, definately. But not very satisfying or climatic, kind of abrupt. Whether it made sense or not, if Brock Lesnar's music so much as hit at the end I'd probably be remembering the show right now as "OMG SO FUCKING AWESOME!!" but I'm not.

If only Sheamus and Bryan got a proper match and the Tag Title bout was bumped up to the show, I think I'd have loved the show so much more (don't worry about practicality, there could have been an abundant amount of time for them if we scrapped most of those bloody awful "comedy" segments and sped up the 12 man tag a little).

And although, apart from the very beggining, I don't think there was anything really bad on the show (despite what I've said in the other threads), I still walked away quite bitter simply out of how disappointed I was by the show overall. Punk/Jericho was my MOTN, Hell In a Cell was a lot of fun (if messy and slightly transparent but I'm not beating that horse again), and Rock/Cena of course had a very enjoyable energy. Everything else seemed like WWE just trying to get everyone else out of the way.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I think we're on about the RAW crowd here dude. The Mania crowd sounded quiet but I've heard from many people that were there saying it wasn't, and you gotta remember that open air stadiums make the crowd sound quieter.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Ahh, haven't seen Raw yet. I know the "surprise" though.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
One of the best crowds that are not New York, Boston or Chicago

scottcs88

Reaction score
[video=youtube;fMBZJtUOi94]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMBZJtUOi94&feature=player_embedded#![/video] here is more evidence of being over..post raw dark match

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Not sure if this was mentioned, but the last crowd to make some what of a noise like this was last year towards the end of the year when they had RAW in Mexico. But this crowd really brought it. I hope the next crowd is not full of kids and chit! I'll be pissed off!

AF.

Reaction score
Wow that dark match video is fucking amazing. Had me rolling throughout. What a crowd.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Better than MITB, IMO.

That last segment where they ripped Cena a new arsehole was :lol:

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
The crowd was really great, which was a surprise considering normally the crowds are mostly dull. It'll be nice to compare last years Raw crowd after Wrestlemania to this years crowd. I would love to see the crowd be like this every week for Raw, but I fully expect next week to be the usual dull crowd response.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It's hard to give Miami all the credit considering both shows were loaded with out-of-state visitors and foreigners.

Still a great crowd though.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
So now that I've actually watched Raw after posting (shame on me) I have to ask... Where's the unfortunate venue for Raw next week that has to follow Miami?