Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
You know they're making an MGS movie, and that they want Hugh Jackman to play Snake. So here's my question, who would you rant to play the role? Personally, I'd go with Keanu Reeves.

Hugh Jackman is perfect for the role. I've been saying for years that he would be the ideal choice to play Solid Snake, especially since Snake and Wolverine share a lot of similar personality traits, and Jackman has nailed down the role of Wolverine superbly. I have no issue with them going with a newcomer as planned though, assuming they still do an impressive job.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Hugh Jackman is perfect for the role. I've been saying for years that he would be the ideal choice to play Solid Snake, especially since Snake and Wolverine share a lot of similar personality traits, and Jackman has nailed down the role of Wolverine superbly. I have no issue with them going with a newcomer as planned though, assuming they still do an impressive job.
I do like Jackman, but I think his presence wouldn't quite match that of Snake's. I don't know about you, but I don't want this to be an over the top action film. I want stealth to be a big factor in the movie and seeing Hugh trying to sneak around instead of going in guns blazing wouldn't seem right to me. This is mainly just what ifs right now though, seeing as they're wanting to go with someone newer like you said. That's a smart move on their part, if they wanted to make it into a franchise someone younger would be the best to fit the bill.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I do like Jackman, but I think his presence wouldn't quite match that of Snake's. I don't know about you, but I don't want this to be an over the top action film. I want stealth to be a big factor in the movie and seeing Hugh trying to sneak around instead of going in guns blazing wouldn't seem right to me. This is mainly just what ifs right now though, seeing as they're wanting to go with someone newer like you said. That's a smart move on their part, if they wanted to make it into a franchise someone younger would be the best to fit the bill.

I don't want it to become a generic over-the-top action flick either. Although I fear that's exactly what Hollywood will try and turn it into. It's just that Hugh Jackman stands out as a great choice to me because his voice, look, mannerisms, etc. would really match the character on-screen.

That said, a younger and more anonymous actor would likely be the best choice since they could get more longevity out of him if it becomes a franchise, plus I usually find it easier to become more emotionally invested in characters if they're played by actors that I don't recognize (or at least recognize as much.)

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I don't want it to become a generic over-the-top action flick either. Although I fear that's exactly what Hollywood will try and turn it into. It's just that Hugh Jackman stands out as a great choice to me because his voice, look, mannerisms, etc. would really match the character on-screen.

That said, a younger and more anonymous actor would likely be the best choice since they could get more longevity out of him if it becomes a franchise, plus I usually find it easier to become more emotionally invested in characters if they're played by actors that I don't recognize (or at least recognize as much.)
With it being by Sony and having Kojima being closely associated with it I have faith that it'll be much more than just your ordinary action flick. As for Hugh, I get what you're saying about him and I don't disagree with you. My main gripe with him is his bulking size. Snake isn't a small man by any means, I know that, but he doesn't look like the Terminator either and that's the feel I get from Hugh. That's why I suggested Keanu earlier in the thread, I feel like he'd be the best all around choice if they were to spring for a well known actor. Then again I had just watched John Wick not long before and I thought he did really well in it.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
It won't. I forgot where I read it, but.. Kojima pretty much said "I wanted to be a film director, and MGS gives me that kind of platform." So, it will be the last thing he allows the MGS film to be, before he's paid.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Just some confirmed things for the games between Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain. If you play Ground Zeroes, the sneaking suit will be transferred over to The Phantom Pain from GZ. Also, all the soldiers and prisoners you extract will be available in The Phantom Pain.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
What do you guys make of the September 1st release date? I love the fact that it has been staring us right in the face this entire time, seeing as the last trailer said the release date was 1984(1/9 being September first according to European standards, and '84 being the year the game takes place). September just feels like such a long wait, but I know that they'll spend the finals months wisely giving us the best possible product they can.

And here's the collector's edition:
Konami said:
49d4e7eddaf39e562d48f5925597deca.jpg

794ad1596bcb80dde10674dda32fa897.jpg
Anyone else planning to buy it? With all of that content for only 100$ it's pretty much a steal.

Farooq

Reaction score
Getting it for sure. Wish it was coming out earlier due to it clashing with Halo 5, but at least it'll be out this year and not rushed.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Really hoping that the limited edition MGSV PS4 comes to America before September. It's the only reason I've held out on pre-ordering the game(meaning I skipped the opportunity for the limited edition, I wish we could've met bionic arm), but if they don't announce anything by mid-August then I'm going to have to just get the day one edition.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno

It just looks... right when he has the hair let down/headband combo at the end.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Didn't want to make a new thread since I already knew that we had one. Let's use this talk about our gameplay and whatnot.

@Quiet @Solidus post your emblems. My current one with what I had available:
CN6vWmKWgAEs4-v.jpg

SF = Scorching Fenix(es?), felt like it fits the tone of the game & I can say that "The fire rises" is our motto.

Reactions: Farooq

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I'm watching atm, not playing. Away from home so..
Loving the story though. My only gripe as you know is that the tech is more advanced than games set in the future, it shouldn't be this way.
Oh, and the extraction thing is just stupid, but I don't see any other way of doing it.

Farooq

Reaction score
Screenshot-Original.png

Went with the Silver Predator for the team name. Xbone still hasn't got the update to transfer data between games.

Reactions: Rogue