[Meltzer] WWE not currently planning on unifying tag titles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
rkbroun.jpg

Source: f4wonline.com

Though the feud between Raw Tag Team Champions RK-Bro and SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos is continuing, it may not result in their titles being unified.

Dave Meltzer reported on Wrestling Observer Radio overnight that WWE isn't currently planning to unify the Raw and SmackDown Tag Team titles.

“So this is what I was told on this. They are going to do the match [RK-Bro vs. The Usos], but as of right now -- and this can change -- they are not planning on actually unifying the titles but they are planning on doing the match," Meltzer said. "So I don’t know if that means another run-in DQ. Obviously they can always change their mind, but they are right now planning on doing the match. And I presume it’s going to be the next pay-per-view. That, I don’t know for sure.”

It was originally announced that RK-Bro and The Usos were going to face off in a title unification match at WrestleMania Backlash, but that was changed to a six-man tag bout with no official stakes. Roman Reigns & The Usos defeated Drew McIntyre & RK-Bro at WrestleMania Backlash, with Reigns pinning Riddle to get the win.

Randy Orton & Riddle appeared on Raw last night and said they still want to unify the titles. RK-Bro announced that they're going to show up on SmackDown this Friday, confront Roman Reigns and The Usos, and demand the unification match. Riddle said that, if Reigns refuses to let his cousins do the match, it'll show that he has no confidence in them.

RK-Bro retained their titles against The Street Profits on last night's Raw.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
gotta love the bait and switch and being lied to as a fan :francis

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Eh... "being lied to" is debatable. It's Wrestling and especially the WWE. By now most "fans" (especially of those, who probably bitch the most about all of this now) should know that match stipulations etc. ain't these mythical, non-changeable things.

Also... at least they didn't announce it during the PPV, but rather have it undone 2 weeks before the event. There was a time they probably wouldn't have done it like that.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This might be Meltzer making it more complicated tbh bc he says the match is still happening but he's trying to figure out how there isn't going to be a unification if it does.

But Roman hasn't even 100% unified his belts and we still think they'll separate them in a few months bc they haven't fully committed. I think one team ends up with both belts, they just can't make up their minds whether they want to keep one set of belts or separate them back.

I wouldn't be surprised if the draft is when they go back to a belt for each show if this happens, that'll be when the TV channels will start bitching about having separate champions again at least

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I feel like the women's titles need it more than the Tag Team ones at the moment.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Maybe I'm weird, but I generally don't like things that they have no intentions on ever delivering on being advertised. I much prefered beingg sold on things that are actually going to happen to I can get excited. Just because WWE makes sure nothing matters and can be changed at any time doesn't mean they didn't intentionally lie. but hey, maybe that's just me!

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Would have liked them to have been unified but i'm not too fussed either way. Understandable why they won't though because of the damn networks.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
"Plans change" :TI:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah none of this makes any sense. Like you fucking make a storyline where Roman SPECIFICALLY wants his cousins to unify the belts then just drop it. This just proves once again WWE books out of their ass with no regard for anything.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Whatever happens happens. I’m not that emotionally invested and I definitely don’t feel “lied to”

I look at it like this, that 6-man was better than the unification match probably would’ve been. So I’ll take it as a win.

Their tag division is shallow so unifying the titles would make sense but there are external factors like the networks that need to be taken into consideration.

They got real petty last year when they didn’t originally have a Hell in A Cell on one show. Imagine how the network execs would act if they didn’t have exclusive Champions like they initially thought they would.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Whatever happens happens. I’m not that emotionally invested and I definitely don’t feel “lied to”

I look at it like this, that 6-man was better than the unification match probably would’ve been. So I’ll take it as a win.

Their tag division is shallow so unifying the titles would make sense but there are external factors like the networks that need to be taken into consideration.

They got real petty last year when they didn’t originally have a Hell in A Cell on one show. Imagine how the network execs would act if they didn’t have exclusive Champions like they initially thought they would.

I think it's been 2 years in a row we've had hell in a cell matches on regular TV and also the PPV bc of the networks lol its so dumb

• Haha
Reactions: Cwalker

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I think it's been 2 years in a row we've had hell in a cell matches on regular TV and also the PPV bc of the networks lol its so dumb
Roman whooping Rey’s ass on Father’s Day weekend after powerbombing Dominik to hell though:banderas:

• Haha
Reactions: Chris and Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Roman whooping Rey’s ass on Father’s Day weekend after powerbombing Dominik to hell though:banderas:
A great night in our industry.

Reactions: Cwalker

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler