Meltzer reports possible WMXXV card

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

...according to Meltzer...

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. John Cena

Edge vs. Jeff Hardy (WWE Championship)

Randy Orton vs. Batista (World Heavyweight Championship)

Triple H vs. Undertaker

Team WWE vs. Team NFL

Now I got this off another wrestling forum, don't know how much it's worth. There was no source, maybe it's on one of the news sites, but that's what it said. What do you think?

PACMAN is MANIA

The Shua

Reaction score
I would like to see Hardy/Edge and Orton/Batista for the respective titles.

Austin vs Cena? Not so much. Same with 'Taker/Trips.

And what the hell is Team NFL vs Team WWE? Didn't they lean their lesson after seeing PacMan in TNA?????

xtremebadass

No I think Team WWE vs. Team NFL is to follow the media trend of the Battle of the Billion and the Biggest vs. the Best. It's all too commercial, but maybe a Cena vs. Austin might bring a big match feel. I agree Taker vs. Triple H would mean nothing compared to a possible Taker vs. HBK.

JTG

Reaction score
The only one I see happening is Edge vs. Hardy, although I read that it's supposed to happen at the Royal Rumble and can't see it happening again as soon as WrestleMania.

As for the World Heavyweight Championship Match, I think it will be Batista vs. Cena vs. Orton in a Triple Threat Match with Cena defending the title. Yeah, I know that they had a Triple Threat last year, but I don't know what else any of these three guys would do at WrestleMania.

Cena vs. Austin? Cena doesn't need a loss/win over Austin and will probably be champ going into Mania. I read a thread in the WWE Discussion forum that contained a blog suggesting CM Punk turning heel and facing Austin at Mania. Now that would be classic!

Speaking of which, what happened to that thread, and does anybody have the link to that blog?

Moonlight Drive

Although that will probabaly be nowhere near the card, specualtion is always fun. :D

Rock vs Cena > Austin vs Cena

chessarmy

The card doesn't look realistic at all, plus I don't think Austin is wrestling another match. Team WWE vs Team NFL seems like something that could happen, but again, I doubt it

Moonlight Drive

I've heard multiple times Austin wrestling one more match, although I still doubt it as well. It would suck anyway, unless HBK carried him.

Team WWE vs Team NFL is the most realistic match on the card, the 25th anniversary, why not chuck all the randoms they aren't using into another NFL/WWE Battle Royal from Wrestlemania..whenever it was. V?

MikeRaw

Lol, so they would put a guy who is struggling to get fans (cena) and needs to be the face of the company, against the most popular wrestler of all time?
Way to bury him, lol.

Moonlight Drive

To put him over one of the most popular superstars of all time. We all know it's gonna happen.

Montana

Ha, The wwe doesnt have the balls to book Cena vs Austin.

I actually really like that card. Cena vs Austin is dream match, and really can't get much bigger.

Moonlight Drive

Only problem would be is we have no idea what shape Austin's body is in. Although he could pull a HBK, come back after 5 years better than ever.

Travis40

I already know the best member of Team NFL (if he's out of jail...or if he doesn't go to jail) Plaxico Burress!

MikeRaw

Cena is probably the most popular wrestler on the WWE roster, he has plenty of fans.
While this may be true (although HBK, HHH and even Batista have more fans than him), no matte rhow many fans Cena has, they would cheer for Austin over him in a second.

The Rated R CMStar

Batista and HHH doesn't have more fans than Cena. The thing is, when they booked Cena vs Batista and HHH vs Cena, the mayority of the fans were booing Cena for him being Cena, not because they supported Batista or HHH. HBK I do believe has more fans.

That card seems like bullshit, I doubt Cena isn't in this year's title match.