McDonalds' Corporate Scum Strike Again!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Rick and Morty is nothing like Family Guy, an easier comparison would be futurama. The problem is the creators wanted make a smart and creative cartoon and it just caught on with the internet, the worst audience imaginable. The show is fine it's the fanbase and the haters of the fan base that make it seem like shit.
It's all the same. Dull writing "spiced up" with attempts at being edgy, obscure pop culture references for the nerds and hipsters, and non-sequiturs because the types of people who watch these shows are usually the types who pretend to have ADD. Seriously, most of these cartoons geared towards adults that start getting super popular (starting probably with the Simpsons and moving forward) only become popular in the first place because it is the same lame formula writers have been using for the past 3 decades (sounds a lot like a certain major wrestling company, eh? ;))

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
It's all the same. Dull writing "spiced up" with attempts at being edgy, obscure pop culture references for the nerds and hipsters, and non-sequiturs because the types of people who watch these shows are usually the types who pretend to have ADD. Seriously, most of these cartoons geared towards adults that start getting super popular (starting probably with the Simpsons and moving forward) only become popular in the first place because it is the same lame formula writers have been using for the past 3 decades (sounds a lot like a certain major wrestling company, eh? :emoji_wink:)

I LOVE the Simpson's. Always thought that was a cool show back when I used to watch it.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

I've never watched Rick & Morty...and I never will...

I said this in the other thread, if you don't like the show fine but if you are simply refusing to give it a chance based on how stupid people can be, then people will ruin a lot of things in life for you. EVERYTHING has fans that are just too much. The only reason you are seeing these kinds of fans is because you are going around looking for them. I am a fan of the show and if you think I am anything like these people, well I don't know what to tell ya.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Fuck supporting local just for the "principle". All of these so-called "corporate money hounds" all started local too, and many people seem to forget that. It's not like one day Mr. Croc woke up and decided to build a few thousand restaurants globally.

I never said they didn't. The point I am making is that if people continue to support businesses that continually crap on them, things wont change - and if they don't give smaller local businesses a chance, they likely won't last. I have seen a lot of local businesses around where I grew up close up when Walmarts started popping up all over. I know South Park made a joke episode of it, but that crap really happened. There were a lot of places that closed up because they could not afford to compete. The big businesses can cut corners, spend less, and there for charge less. People are more likely to spend there money at these said places because they are cheaper, not necessarily better.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I watched one episode of the Rick and Morty thing. Im not exactly sure what to think of it other than, I have no interest. But I do like reading about other people's comments about the show. :)

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I said this in the other thread, if you don't like the show fine but if you are simply refusing to give it a chance based on how stupid people can be, then people will ruin a lot of things in life for you.
I'm not sure I understand...how can anything be ruined by anyone if I simply ignore it in the first place?

I am a fan of the show and if you think I am anything like these people, well I don't know what to tell ya.
The thought of anyone here being like those people never really crossed my mind.
I simply found a video by a "youtuber" (Is that a word/term) I follow on a topic with
a thread here and posted it.

I'm not trying to start a fight or shit in anyone's cornflakes.

I just hope you understand that when I see "people" acting
like this...well...its not a good look for the show in my opinion.

Its the same reason why I don't watch My Little Pony. I would
prefer not to be grouped in with the "Bronies" as good and
funny as the show can be.

I already have enough hang ups being a fan of metal music...
and "people's" perception of me because of that.

Truth be told I don't watch a lot of TV shows...Game of Thrones
being the only show I HAVE to watch. I'm more of a movie guy.