McDonalds' Corporate Scum Strike Again!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
McDonalds is such a troll of a restaurant. I didn't know this happened until a few minutes ago. I watch "Healthy Junk Food" on Youtube and they did a video on it. Apparently, because of Rick and Morty, they ran a promotion for the Szechuan Sauce promising posters, sauce, and stickers to "said" locations. What they didn't tell people is that most of these "said" locations are only going to have 20 packets of the sauce, posters, and stickers. That is it.

Now for me, it would be stupid to wait in line for hours and hours just to get one sauce and one poster (with stickers). I don't do this for anything. It is a giant marketing scheme to get (trick) people to buy something. This is no different than using Pokemon Go and placing stops and "rare" Pokemon by McDonalds buildings. Not sure if they went through with that or not since I never played that game but still, the same rule applies here; Trick people into being near or in said location, and they will likely spend money. I guess by only supplying a small amount of the items, they assumed the other hundreds of people to show up would at least spend money on their horrific food.

The fans don't bother me. I ignore them, like I said in the R&M thread. I won't let people ruin a show for me.
However, this kind of stuff kind of makes me mad. They used a fan base to make money off of.

This kind of marketing is not only troll-like in nature, it just shows how crappy and corrupt the McDonalds company is. They spend VERY little on supplies knowing the demand would be high only hoping to get money out of people, which they did. It would not surprise me if they had planned on bringing the sauce back entirely (for a limited time) and promotionalized it along side their Monopoly garbage. They allowed people to just stand outside (hundreds of them) knowing damn well they only had a very limited supply.

I wouldn't do it myself. I am not a big enough fan of anything to wait in line for something so small and trivial but for the people who did and wanted to, this company shat all over them and it kind of makes Rick and Morty makers/owners look bad as well for teaming up with such corporate scum.

And not to get political here, but this is why we all should do our best to support local, smaller chain restaurants over these corporate money hounds.

Should you or I care about this at all? Probably not but it is the principle that places like this get such high praise and payout while being utter aholes.

Reactions: Death Walker

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
McDonalds is such a troll of a restaurant. I didn't know this happened until a few minutes ago. I watch "Healthy Junk Food" on Youtube and they did a video on it. Apparently, because of Rick and Morty, they ran a promotion for the Szechuan Sauce promising posters, sauce, and stickers to "said" locations. What they didn't tell people is that most of these "said" locations are only going to have 20 packets of the sauce, posters, and stickers. That is it.

Now for me, it would be stupid to wait in line for hours and hours just to get one sauce and one poster (with stickers). I don't do this for anything. It is a giant marketing scheme to get (trick) people to buy something. This is no different than using Pokemon Go and placing stops and "rare" Pokemon by McDonalds buildings. Not sure if they went through with that or not since I never played that game but still, the same rule applies here; Trick people into being near or in said location, and they will likely spend money. I guess by only supplying a small amount of the items, they assumed the other hundreds of people to show up would at least spend money on their horrific food.

The fans don't bother me. I ignore them, like I said in the R&M thread. I won't let people ruin a show for me.
However, this kind of stuff kind of makes me mad. They used a fan base to make money off of.

This kind of marketing is not only troll-like in nature, it just shows how crappy and corrupt the McDonalds company is. They spend VERY little on supplies knowing the demand would be high only hoping to get money out of people, which they did. It would not surprise me if they had planned on bringing the sauce back entirely (for a limited time) and promotionalized it along side their Monopoly garbage. They allowed people to just stand outside (hundreds of them) knowing damn well they only had a very limited supply.

I wouldn't do it myself. I am not a big enough fan of anything to wait in line for something so small and trivial but for the people who did and wanted to, this company shat all over them and it kind of makes Rick and Morty makers/owners look bad as well for teaming up with such corporate scum.

And not to get political here, but this is why we all should do our best to support local, smaller chain restaurants over these corporate money hounds.

Should you or I care about this at all? Probably not but it is the principle that places like this get such high praise and payout while being utter aholes.

200.gif

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score

Pretty sure the owners of the show and McDonalds are happy to have people fight over eachother for sauce tho. Marketing is a funny thing. But yeah, local restos >>>.

Always.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Pretty sure the owners of the show and McDonalds are happy to have people fight over eachother for sauce tho. Marketing is a funny thing. But yeah, local restos >>>.

Always.

Sadly, you are probably right. They have their money. They just laugh at the people beneath them.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Angry at a multi-million dollar corporation taking advantage of the following for most popular cartoon on TV for monetary gain? Lol. Some of the blame should be on the writers they had to know before writing that episode doing a bit on an item only available in limited quantities would lead to something stupid eventually.