Mauro returning this week to nxt

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think they're both at fault. Mauro needs to man up and Corey doesn't need to call someone out on Twitter. I get were in the age of social media but if you have a problem tell the person in private. I almost feel like Graves only did it to draw attention to himself.

Tell that to Family members on Facebook. I don't even use Facebook and Family members still call me up and go so and so said this about you.

Reactions: Chris

Sir Linko

Kiss his ring.
Reaction score
Website
nockingpointwines.com
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
Tons of misinformed people on the situation incredibly specific to Ranallo and mental health in general. News flash: depending on the severity of someones mental health, you cant just get over some shit. You can't just shrug it off. Ect

The only thing I can agree with is Mauro quite possibly shouldn't be in a situation in where he is in a spotlight of many people who can criticize him.

Having said that and watching the documentary on his situation, I'm 100000% no expert, and documentaries are sensationalized for dramatization.

Mauro has support systems in place. He has stated multiple times he really doesn't want to keep going through this type of shit and wishes companies would stop calling him.

Thing is, people wanted / still want him and if you get an opportunity to make a shitload of money doing something you absolutely love, you take it.

Now let me explain the difference between a faceless mob and your co-worker with hundreds of thousands of followers who appears on TV every week.

Ranallo was obviously doing just fine with the obvious criticism he gets from the faceless mob. But a co-worker causing tension between other co-workers and him instead of keeping it private is just a shitty thing to do.

Ranallo already, no matter how great or terrible he does, has imposter syndrome and can never see himself as truly great even though he is one of the workhorses in the commentary game (which doesnt always = greatness but I know many do beleive he is great) To only have your co-worker who knows your situation to verify what you beleive on twitter, broadcasted to hundreds of thousands, essentially throwing Ronallo to the wolves and giving that Faceless mob a face.

Itd be the equivalent of knowingly popping fireworks around a Vet who has PTSD.

I agree that Ranallo should probably step away from the spotlight and it honestly seems like that's what he wanted to do for a long time. He needs to focus on himself and probably has the money to do so. However I respect him for trying to live his life as much as possible.

Corey Graves is still an asshole and his apology proves it more than his original statement. Nothing is going to change that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'd rather be friends with Corey than Mauro.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
That has literally nothing to do with the situation at hand.

It does if you ever had a friend who constantly needs you to talk him off the edge of suicide. With Corey you can just have a couple beers and have a good night.

Reactions: Kingnoth1n

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It does if you ever had a friend who constantly needs you to talk him off the edge of suicide. With Corey you can just have a couple beers and have a good night.

Yeah we're talking about how Corey shouldn't talk shit about Mauro, not which one is cooler to chill with. Obviously the answer would be Corey in that case lol.

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Tons of misinformed people on the situation incredibly specific to Ranallo and mental health in general. News flash: depending on the severity of someones mental health, you cant just get over some shit. You can't just shrug it off. Ect

The only thing I can agree with is Mauro quite possibly shouldn't be in a situation in where he is in a spotlight of many people who can criticize him.

Having said that and watching the documentary on his situation, I'm 100000% no expert, and documentaries are sensationalized for dramatization.

Mauro has support systems in place. He has stated multiple times he really doesn't want to keep going through this type of shit and wishes companies would stop calling him.

Thing is, people wanted / still want him and if you get an opportunity to make a shitload of money doing something you absolutely love, you take it.

Now let me explain the difference between a faceless mob and your co-worker with hundreds of thousands of followers who appears on TV every week.

Ranallo was obviously doing just fine with the obvious criticism he gets from the faceless mob. But a co-worker causing tension between other co-workers and him instead of keeping it private is just a shitty thing to do.

Ranallo already, no matter how great or terrible he does, has imposter syndrome and can never see himself as truly great even though he is one of the workhorses in the commentary game (which doesnt always = greatness but I know many do beleive he is great) To only have your co-worker who knows your situation to verify what you beleive on twitter, broadcasted to hundreds of thousands, essentially throwing Ronallo to the wolves and giving that Faceless mob a face.

Itd be the equivalent of knowingly popping fireworks around a Vet who has PTSD.

I agree that Ranallo should probably step away from the spotlight and it honestly seems like that's what he wanted to do for a long time. He needs to focus on himself and probably has the money to do so. However I respect him for trying to live his life as much as possible.

Corey Graves is still an asshole and his apology proves it more than his original statement. Nothing is going to change that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
If he wishes companies would stop calling him, well.....there's this two letter word he can use so it stops happening.

Also....he goes on blocking sprees after every show because he doesn't like seeing people criticise his forcing pop culture references like an episode of family guy.

Also..... I've known Mauro through his work since 2000.....he can be an asshole, infact he has been confronted multiple times throughout that decade because of it.....he's been fired multiple times because he has a big mouth. Look it up.

Let's not pretend one guy is just being a big meanie online.....maybe Mauro said something about Corey.....I can only maybe that since I was blocked day one into his commentary on SmackDown :BROCKLOL:

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Corey is a goober and shouldn’t have said what he said.

I’m glad Mauro is feeling good enough to come back, I enjoy his commentary and missed him when he was out.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Someone tell me why doing something everyone does on social media is so terrible because Cory Graves did it?

Because they're in the same company? It wasn't like he was saying he sucked at his job....he said let others talk too.

Everyone really coming out the wood work to shit on Graves and believe me....I'm probably the biggest Cory Graves hater here, but this should've been a non issue.

We literally seen Becky Lynch and Rollins say worse to Beth Phoenix and Edge just this year.

Reactions: Kingnoth1n

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
We literally seen Becky Lynch and Rollins say worse to Beth Phoenix and Edge just this year.
That's kayfabe stuff. Corey shit talked a co-worker legitimately, one who has established mental health and self esteem issues at that.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
That's kayfabe stuff. Corey shit talked a co-worker legitimately, one who has established mental health and self esteem issues at that.
He also shit talks alot of people online and his podcast......so he's supposed to treat Renallo like a child?

That's even more insulting imo.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
He should have kept it in private instead of airing it out in the open tbh.

Reactions: Sir Linko

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Why?

He's an independent contractor and there's nothing reported that there are rules against it.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
It just feels like, at least to me, it would have been better to be said in private instead of airing it out like that. It just makes Graves look like a douche and unprofessional , to me anyways.

If you don’t agree with that, then that’s your opinion.

Reactions: Vegeta

Sir Linko

Kiss his ring.
Reaction score
Website
nockingpointwines.com
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
If he wishes companies would stop calling him, well.....there's this two letter word he can use so it stops happening.

Also....he goes on blocking sprees after every show because he doesn't like seeing people criticise his forcing pop culture references like an episode of family guy.

Also..... I've known Mauro through his work since 2000.....he can be an asshole, infact he has been confronted multiple times throughout that decade because of it.....he's been fired multiple times because he has a big mouth. Look it up.

Let's not pretend one guy is just being a big meanie online.....maybe Mauro said something about Corey.....I can only maybe that since I was blocked day one into his commentary on SmackDown :BROCKLOL:

I agree with you, I don't know why he just doesn't accept, but a career is a career and I respect him for trying.

Who cares if he goes on blocking sprees. You can ignore people in life and one of those ways is to use website functionality that exists for a reason. You being a performer doesn't take that away.

There's no excuse he has to being a complete asshole. So if he has been then yea, he's an asshole, it still doesn't give the right to do shit like that.

To think that people are not complaining about every little thing Graves does right now means they're fine with it is absurd. There has been hate for Corey Graves for a long time from many people and deservingly so. And just because literally everyone on social media does what Corey Graves did, it doesn't make it right, and most companies take your social media very seriously. It has been established, that, between what you said in your past and what you say now can be used against you in your meeting when you're being fired.

Corey Graves is an independent contractor and no ones calling for his job in WWE (Edit: I guess people on Twitter are, just like the JBL shit, which is also dumb). He should just be more professional. Especially when WWE is in the public eye of millions who are looking for a reason to be offended now-a-days and Corey just gave them an easy one with mental illness.

He's stupid, he's insensitive, and a further point... I believe (and many others do to) that the entire company doing this bullshit over twitter is fucking stupid and it really shows just how out of touch people have gotten. Everyone wants to make a revolution over twitter instead of just handling shit like human beings. Corey Graves just adding that fuel to the fire and not trying to set a precedence in being professional is just a silly thing for WWE to be openly promoting and supporting when they have their whole anti-bullying campaign.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy King