Mauro returning this week to nxt

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kingnoth1n

Banned
Reaction score
All sorts of outlets are reporting he is supposed to be returning this week to NXT after his brief haiatus.

I’m not going to pretend I understand what goes on with his mental health situation or I’ve been there, but I wonder how he reacts to hardcore internet trolls that really throw daggers. I hope he stays off Twitter permenantly no need to give yourself that outlet of toxicity; I have deactivated all social media for that reason a few years back and it was one of the best things I have done for myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Sir Linko

Kiss his ring.
Reaction score
Website
nockingpointwines.com
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
As much as I agree with you that he probably shouldn't be on Social Media at all just because of this reason, if he's strong enough to do it, I'd say let him. He's also a huge mental health figure who is probably a role-model to a lot of people. Him having social media is probably very good for these people.

But there's a difference between a mindless mob of people trying to be mean / rude; and a co-worker taking shots at you over social media. It's much easier to ignore / report / whatever you want to do to the mindless mob. But it's much harder to ignore a co-worker on a bigger show than you working your same position.

Graves was an asshole and everyone knows it. Regardless of your feelings of Ranallo, your co-worker shouldn't give fuel to the fire by obviously calling him out over twitter.

Last edited:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
As much as I agree with you that he probably shouldn't be on Social Media at all just because of this reason, if he's strong enough to do it, I'd say let him. He's also a huge mental health figure who is probably a role-model to a lot of people. Him having social media is probably very good for these people.

But there's a difference between a mindless mob of people trying to be mean / rude; and a co-worker taking shots at you over social media. It's much easier to ignore / report / whatever you want to do to the mindless mob. But it's much harder to ignore a co-worker on a bigger show than you working your same position.

Graves was an asshole and everyone knows it. Regardless of your feelings of Ranallo, your co-worker shouldn't give fuel to the fire by obviously calling him out over twitter.
Especially when it's Pot Calling the Kettle Black, in this situation. Corey Graves literally talks over everyone and he's incredibly annoying.

Reactions: Kingnoth1n

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Corey Graves is a microcosm of every single successful asshole you've ever known, in and out of kayfabe. The only way to stop him is to stop paying him for spouting his garbage

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Good good, hope he is doing okay. Mental health ain’t anything to fuck with. I deal with some depression myself, but my problems don’t seem to be as bad as his, and I sometimes let small shit get to me. So when it’s a lot of people I’m sure it ain’t fun at all.

Kingnoth1n

Banned
Reaction score

But we don’t really know....one post could be triggering him or breaking him down and graves may have been the catelyst, we don’t know Bc he went completely dark.

I know even if I was an influencer and role model like him, if it was at the cost my well being, would be a hard pass. I like my sleep at night.

Reactions: Vegeta

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I don't really know why Corey Graves calling him out would cause him to get so fucked up but I ain't a mental health expert either. I just hope he's alright and that he continues to do what he does. I personally love his commentary.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
They should promote Mauro to be the 3rd man on SD team so he has to deal with Graves every week.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
This shit happened a few years ago when JBL called him out. If you can't take people talking shit about you then maybe having a job as public as this one isn't a great idea.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Mauro should just be sent home so he can go into a mental health clinic. If he isn't taking his meds, that's all on him.

Cory Graves said nothing wrong, he just offered constructive criticism.....like "hey, let your co-workers talk too".

People like to just use situations like this to pile on someone because "they bullied" someone.....naw fuck that.....online Lynch mob are the biggest band of bullies around.

Kingnoth1n

Banned
Reaction score
It
Mauro should just be sent home so he can go into a mental health clinic. If he isn't taking his meds, that's all on him.

Cory Graves said nothing wrong, he just offered constructive criticism.....like "hey, let your co-workers talk too".

People like to just use situations like this to pile on someone because "they bullied" someone.....naw fuck that.....online Lynch mob are the biggest band of bullies around.

It was direct constructive criticism exactly,I’d have taken it as a challenge to be a better team player tbh.

Reactions: Deezy

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Graves seems to think he’s fucking perfect. He knows he is dealing with a co-worker who has mental issues and he chooses to make dickheaded comments. It might seem like lightweight stuff to us, but, to someone with mental issues, it’s far worse, and Graves knows it. He cuts people off enough himself, this was a stupid thing for him to say.

Reactions: Doom and Vegeta

AverageJoe9

Listen to me, when the time comes you run and don't look back
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Favorite Sports Team
calgaryflames

Graves if he had something to say couldve critique Mauro privately without taking veiled shots on Twitter

Plus Corey is not one to talk considering he's trying to get himself over every week on commentary

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Graves if he had something to say couldve critique Mauro privately without taking veiled shots on Twitter

Plus Corey is not one to talk considering he's trying to get himself over every week on commentary
Or Mauro could've just handled it like an adult and not allegedly go off the rails.....he's an adult, he shouldn't be treated with kid gloves.

If he has to, then maybe he shouldn't be working in a field that is solely about reactions to your work.

It's not like he wasn't treated worse by MMA fighters.....and the guy started out in fucking Calgary of all places......under Bruce Hart, that is a million times worse than someone suggesting maybe let your Co workers talk......

Also, he wasn't in the building. He was watching in his hotel room and making observations like we all did.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I think they're both at fault. Mauro needs to man up and Corey doesn't need to call someone out on Twitter. I get were in the age of social media but if you have a problem tell the person in private. I almost feel like Graves only did it to draw attention to himself.

Reactions: Sir Linko