Matt vs Jeff

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

For those of you who watched the Rumble, you know what's going on. For those that don't, I'll fill you in. Matt nailed Jeff with a steel chair at the end of the Jeff vs Edge championship match, allowing the Rated R Superstar to get the win.

Seems quite obvious this is the start of Matt vs Jeff feuding again, and Matt being revealed as the man behind the attacks. What are your thoughts on this?

I believe that there could've been a whole lot more heat added to this storyline if:

1) Jeff never won the belt at Armageddon, and the Royal Rumble was his final opportunity. They shouldn't have given Jeff the belt only to have him drop it back to Edge the next PPV.

2) Matt had gotten some big wins. Matt is going well for himself, but all the hype is around Jeff.

My only problem with this is that there was never any tension or tease throughout the whole build-up. It still would've been a surprise. I'm extremely happy to see Matt back as a heel (Mattitude motherfuckers!) but the only let-down I see in sight is the promos.

Discuss.

The Rated R CMStar

I like the fact that it came out of nowhere. It makes Matt Hardy look even smarter. He planned getting rid of Jeff Hardy out of jealosy since the first moment, but he never acted as he was going to do anything so that Jeff didn't suspect of him.

Reaction score
Do they plan on us making up our own minds that Matt Hardy was behind the attacks, or will Matt explain? I reckon tonight was a simple act of jealousy and the attacks were a two-man mission.

IE. I'm trying to figure out where Christian fits in the picture now?

seX-Power

I like how earlier in the night after losing, matt got all depressed after losing to swagger, and then how he would take out his aggression on Jeff. The storyline will be good, the promos will pass, and the feud reaction will be phenomenal. The matches should be good as well imo. Im looking forward to this feud, hopefully it doesn't let down.

Sparky

Reaction score
This fued is all kind of awesome, I can't wait til smackdown. I don't think it could of been done any better then the way it was. Nobody expected it.

The Rated R CMStar

It better happen, because a feud like this will depend mostly on the crowd reaction.

If not, the feud is doomed, I mean, Matt will be carrying Jeff...in the promos. Matt carrying somebody...in promos. It's just spooky

CT Styles

I was pissed off. I was praying for Christian to come in SOMEWHERE in the Rumble but it never happened. Is it me or did it seem like no one gave a shit. As soon as Matt came out I knew it would happen. If done correctly it could be a good feud.

Hardy vs. Hardy in a TLC at 'Mania imo.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Honestly dude I think everyone (there's that word again) was expecting Christian to show up and when it was Matt everyone was like "WTF?".

Reaction score
I dont know, I mean, Matt didnt get THAT booed

Give it time. He's been deeply "over" as a face for awhile now, so the sudden change caught the audience off guard IMO.

I'd prefer to sit back and let the story unfold without predicting anything. So long as a Jeff Hardy/Edge/Christian/Matt Hardy TLC match is at WM, it will be top class.

ChosenOne

Reaction score
Anyone remember Vengeance 2001? These too had a rather terrible match. You may say its over 7 years after the fact which is true, but they really have the same core moves, and to be honest, Hardy didnt really get a heel reception.

I have a feeling they are not going to do mesh well.

Any WHY would he help the guy that screwed his life up the most in Edge?

Great consistent booking... not.

1chiban

Reaction score
Honestly dude I think everyone (there's that word again) was expecting Christian to show up and when it was Matt everyone was like "WTF?".

Correct. There were the 'we want Christian' chants right at the start, so I expect the crowd were actually a little disappointed like I was.

But if they do it properly, then they should get a decent feud out of it I suppose.

Kizza

Anyone remember Vengeance 2001? These too had a rather terrible match. You may say its over 7 years after the fact which is true, but they really have the same core moves, and to be honest, Hardy didnt really get a heel reception.

I have a feeling they are not going to do mesh well.

Any WHY would he help the guy that screwed his life up the most in Edge?

Great consistent booking... not.

How about we let the storyline expand first? I'm fairly sure this will be explained and whatnot on ECW/Smackdown about why he attacked Jeff, why he helped Edge, and if he is even with Edge or just out to get Jeff.

Seriously, I am loving this, because I am big fans of both and believe that not they have established themselves as singles wrestlers that they can put on a better match then 7 years ago when Jeff was like coked out of his mind and they were still both tag team wrestlers.

Holy run on sentence lol.

Moonlight Drive

Only real plot-hole I see is Edge/Matt's past. Do you guys think it'll be addressed or just swept under the rug and we'll have to pretend it never happened?