"Matt should be on Mania poster." -Jeff

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Umm....

Drug bust ring a bell?

He didn't leave BECAUSE of the bust... He'd lost the career match on SD before the story broke.

Most sensible people would assume that Jeff had to work some kind of notice period too.

...And those of you above that cannot read (most it seems) the bitching is about Matt not making one of the covers of the WM issue of WWE mag, not that he hadn't make the cover at all this last year. So basically Jeff is complaining that they don't see Matt as one of their TOP stars....

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Jeff was saying he wanted to leave WWE months before the drug bust and it happened after he already left anyway. And as for Matt, well at this point I've lost basically all hope for him in WWE. TNA would be the best place for him.

Is there a list of who the guys on the magazine covers are?

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Lmfao. Well at least he would be used properly rather than continuing to do the same thing hes been doing for like 5 years now in WWE. Team Xtreme would be back.

Airfixx

Lmfao. Well at least he would be used properly rather than continuing to do the same thing hes been doing for like 5 years now in WWE.

You mean like wrestling in front of huge crowds all over the world rather than not wrestling very much 'on the road' and getting a match on TV maybe like once a month (thanks to the over populated roster)?

Where the hell does this notion that TNA uses all their guys "properly" actually come from?

The so-called home-grown faces of TNA (Joe, AJ & Daniels) are forever being screwed by shitty booking and bad gimmick tweaks and the arrival/push of the latest WWE reject.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Guys like Matt Hardy have a huge fan base and a huge potential and WWE sometimes dosent use these guys to their fullest potential, whether the reason be that they didn't want to or they just never got around to it. Matt would be on top of TNA for a long time. He would probably be teaming with Jeff for most of his venture but they would be in the upper card or main event the majority of the time. And just imagine the match possibilities.

And as for the 'originals', Joe can't even be considered an original, they tried to push Daniels, but nothing happened and personally I don't think he has the look of a main eventer anyway. And AJ is on top of the company as TNA champ and has Ric Flair mentoring him..dosent get much better than that.

Reaction score
This is off topic but on the Wrestlemania 25 dvd cover, Truth is there and not Christian and Truth didn't even compete!

Reaction score
Guys like Matt Hardy have a huge fan base and a huge potential and WWE sometimes dosent use these guys to their fullest potential, whether the reason be that they didn't want to or they just never got around to it. Matt would be on top of TNA for a long time. He would probably be teaming with Jeff for most of his venture but they would be in the upper card or main event the majority of the time. And just imagine the match possibilities.

And as for the 'originals', Joe can't even be considered an original, they tried to push Daniels, but nothing happened and personally I don't think he has the look of a main eventer anyway. And AJ is on top of the company as TNA champ and has Ric Flair mentoring him..dosent get much better than that.

1. Angle, Hogan, Nash, Hall, Sting, RVD, JEFF Hardy, Christian, Mick Foley and every other WWE refugee has WAYYYY bigger fan bases than the other Hardy brother will ever have and they haven't done jack for TNA. So yah, bad argument.

2. Matt Hardy on top of TNA for a long time...would fit right into TNA's MO of doing everything to not draw money.

3. If Daniels doesn't have the look of a main eventer, a fat Matt does? He's wearing pants that went out of style in 2001. Yah right he has the look. The only reason he gets a luke warm pop every now and then is because of his last name and the insane popularity of his brother.

4. Things could be alot better for TNA, especially if AJ never talked. His promos are awful and his entire stint with Flair has been awful, as awesome and hard as Flair has worked.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Such negativity..

I never said Matt was gonna be the one who jumpstarts TNA and brings in the ratings. I just feel he would fit much better in TNAs atmosphere rather than staying with the WWE where new stars are being born everyday and with each day lessens the chance of Matt being pushed there. So yea I never claimed he would be TNAs savior I just think its better off than being in the WWE at this point.

I could care less if TNAs MOs aren't bringing in the cash. I'm a Matt Hardy mark and would love to see him a world champ for once.

Matts look isn't much better these days you are right. But Daniels is just too tiny and scrawny imo. He is a much better fit being a veteran X divison guy over taking up main event space.

The AJ thing is your opinion bro. I'm loving his stint with Flair because I've been watching TNA since early 04 and AJ has been a face for a majority of his career. Its nice to see a change up and Flair is doing nothing but helping him become the main guy in TNA.

Reaction score
Such negativity..

I never said Matt was gonna be the one who jumpstarts TNA and brings in the ratings. I just feel he would fit much better in TNAs atmosphere rather than staying with the WWE where new stars are being born everyday and with each day lessens the chance of Matt being pushed there. So yea I never claimed he would be TNAs savior I just think its better off than being in the WWE at this point.

Guys like Matt Hardy have a huge fan base and a huge potential
He has neither.

Matt would be on top of TNA for a long time.
He has no business on top of anywhere. He's just not that good.

I could care less if TNAs MOs aren't bringing in the cash. I'm a Matt Hardy mark and would love to see him a world champ for once.
Exactly. You're a mark for this wrestler, hence why you got your nips twisted about me being realistic about his potential.

Matts look isn't much better these days you are right. But Daniels is just too tiny and scrawny imo. He is a much better fit being a veteran X divison guy over taking up main event space.
But a busted Matt Hardy should be taking up ME space because you're a mark for him. Mmhmmm....

The AJ thing is your opinion bro. I'm loving his stint with Flair because I've been watching TNA since early 04 and AJ has been a face for a majority of his career. Its nice to see a change up and Flair is doing nothing but helping him become the main guy in TNA.

And everything else in these quotes were yours, except you have nothing to substantiate them besides your a mark for Matt Hardy. But AJ is awful on the mic, that's somewhat apparent, not just a mere opinion. Flair is a wrestling god. He's trying with all his ability to get AJ over and it's really not working. And that's a fact, the ratings are miserable under his reign. He's not strong enough on the stic to be a heel, he's meant to be a baby face and no amount of godly mic work from Flair can change that. So, indeed things can be much, much better for TNA, like Joe on top instead of AJ, who has failed everytime he's had the strap or been a heel.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only Matt Hardy mark and I'm even more sure that there are more Matt Hardy marks out there over Daniels. Not saying that the number of marks that a guy has should be the sole factor on where they stand on the card, but its still an overall huge part of that decision.

And TNAs low ratings have absolutley nothing to do with the fact that AJ is champ. He has been the most over guy in the company for a long while now and the ratings downfall is just because of the competition.