Matt Hardy Arrested and Fired

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
Matt Hardy was arrested this afternoon in his home State of North Carolina for Driving while Intoxicated. Hardy has already been released, according to TMZ.com.

TMZ.com is reporting that TNA star Matt Hardy was arrested by a North Carolina State Highway Patrol trooper after having run his car off the road, striking a tree.

Hardy, who was alone at the time, was not injured. The Trooper arrested Hardy after "observing signs of impairment". TMZ.com is reporting a blood test is pending and there was no contraband found in Hardy's car.

In the wake of his arrest this afternoon for DWI, Matt Hardy has been released by TNA.

In a statement made to TMZ.com, an unnamed TNA Spokesperson commented, "TNA today released Impact Wrestling star Matt Hardy from its roster. Hardy was already under suspension from the company."
PWInsider.com has independently confirmed Hardy's release.

What an idiot. Good riddance by TNA.

Can't stand people that drink and drive but the good news is no-one else was involved. This will save TNA some good money and it will save a lot of headaches.

Your thoughts on this? Is Matt Hardy's career over? What company would hire him now? Will Jeff be fired as well (I know he wasn't involved but he has also caused TNA lots of headaches)?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Hardy can kiss his arse goodbye.

Jeff is going to be brought back and it looks like he's been clean for a while. I wonder how long he will keep it up though.

The Hardyz and their 'posse' are nothing but drug addicts. Don't watch TNA anyways so doesn't bother me.

Aniking

Reaction score
I fucking LOLed at the fact he posted on Twitter last week that he has been able to get his life back on track, yet he gets caught DUI.

Since he went to TNA, I've found myself really disliking the guy. I used to watch his YouTube videos before he got released by the WWE and not long after, but then I stopped because he really started to get on my nerves.

The Hardys are such wierd guys that seriously have issues. Good to hear Jeff hasn't gotten himself into much trouble recently, other than the dumb tazering of Reby Sky. I don't see why they shouldn't keep Jeff if Matt is the one that continues to cause some trouble, so hopefully Jeff doesn't fuck up from here on or else he's gone.

Either way, TNA don't need this crap. I think releasing Hardy was the right thing. I don't really see what he could contribute anyway, even if the guy thinks he can change the business.

I may not watch TNA, but that doesn't mean I don't want it to improve, but it can't do so with Hardy imo.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The reason I mention Jeff is they fire Matt after the DUI yet they keep Jeff under contract even though he could possibly still be going to jail for his previous arrrest plus he arrived at a PPV mainevent in no condition to perform. Now that they have rid themselves of one cancer they can rid themselves of the other by firing Jeff. He has done just as many stupid things, possibly even more, than Matt in TNA and doesn't deserve his job either. Be good if TNA stood up to others like they have with Matt Hardy.

Matt's reaction to this will be very interesting.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Well, good on TNA for firing his ass for being stupid person with some serious issues....

But really, he's been one of their best wrestlers all year when he was on television, we him and Bully Ray have been to of my favourites on the microphone and in the ring as the heels of TNA. So it's kinda a double edge sword, TNA get rid one of their best guys this year but they also prove some bullshit won't be tolerated.

Still... LOLTNA!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that overall it is a positive move for them. His inring work doesn't make up for the distractions and issues he causes outside the ring. TNA have plenty of other underused talented wrestlers so they can push one of them in his place. He was probably on a lot of money as well so it is a good saving for them as long as they don't waste it on another crazy talent.

TheZig

Reaction score
It doesn't suprise me he got released, I know DUI is a big deal but his brother is in a court case involving possesion of drugs. I think Matt was fired to show the TNA roster they can't just run wild and do as they please. Jeff Hardy should have been fired because of his little incident, but because he got the rub from wwe he is still with the company.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Well my chances of selling my Hardy Boyz DVD I bought in 2008 is getting slimmer and slimmer. I have no respect for the Hardys at all with their video making themselves as the messiahs of wrestling. The shoot on Punk really pissed me off with Jeff trying to actually make himself in Punk's league. They are pathetic and like 98 % of the internet I am sick of them. TNA finally made a move that made sense, good for them. I bet Masters can take his spot and do it much better!!

sachin tendulkar

Reaction score
Good Riddance to bad trash. I also read that Helms supported him. Seriously? Didn't he nearly lose his life in a bike accident recently cause he was drunk. No perspective these people have got. And funniest of all, Shannon Moore is probably the most sane of this North Carolina group!!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They are a crazy group and they deserve each other. Maybe they will bring back OMEGA so they can book themselves at the top and drink and take all the drugs they want without anyone suspending/firing them.

Hardy has commented on his arrest;

pwinsider said:
On his Youtube channel, Matt Hardy made his first comments on his arrest yesterday. In responding to fans who were discussing Hardy's arrest and subsequent release from TNA, Hardy wrote:

"I took a breathalyzer immediately on the spot and it read clean, zero, nothing. Think about peeps! There's more to this story than meets the eye. MATTHEW"

Does Matt think that we are gullible? This is as bad as when WWE sent him home from the European tour and he posted a video showing that he was in a European hotel as his proof that he hadn't been sent home. Yeah he was still in Europe but that doesn't mean you weren't sent home idiot. The guy annoys me so much, he is such a big mark for himself.

pwinsider said:
Matt Hardy is scheduled for a 9/28 hearing in regard to his arrest over the weekend. According to Moore County records, Hardy is being charged with:

*Driving While Impaired. *Exceeding Safe Speed while driving.

So he supposedly blew a zero yet police are charging him with Driving While Impaired. I wonder who to believe lol. They should arrange it so that both brothers can appear in court the same day to save travel costs for them.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Not sure which Matt Hardy EOR has been watching these last few months, because it isn't the same one the rest of us have LOL. The guy has been a waste of space for age now and has added nothing to TNA since arrivaling. They made the only call they could by letting him go. Sure he will still find indie work, but I think his days on a national level are over.

sachin tendulkar

Reaction score
I bet he asked for a cheese burger after his breathalyzer, fat out of shape junkie stoner madman

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Alright so Matt is saying that he passed a breathalyser and the police report says that he had zero alcohol but the report says that the reporting officer says that Hardy seemed to be impaired on something. A blood test was done so I guess we will find out soon enough if he was on anything.

Here is what Matt wrote after the crash:

"When the side windows glass smashed into my face, arms, & neck, some of the blood that did felt almost angelic. I went from being afraid to die to feeling like I was almost being reborn with some sort of an ABSOLUTE PURE LIFE-FORCE. It was the most amazing thing I've every experience, I felt like I'd just received the blood of an angel flowing inside me-I know this sounds crazy! Due to these, I only have urges to help people. And miraculously, all my vices are gone.

Amen Friends,
MATTHEW"

This guy sounds insane and whatever he is smoking it must be pretty strong stuff.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Mug shot time

0822-matt-hardy-ex-wm.jpg

Holy shit no wonder the police officer thought that Matt was on something. He looks completely out of it.