Match Of The Week 13/04/2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;eyR_FAYX3gU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyR_FAYX3gU[/video]​

This was a match for Stone Cold's WWE Championship and it was fought in Benoit's hometown of Edmonton so the crowd was firmly behind Benoit from the start. Benoit attacks Austin from behind to gain an early advantage. Benoit lays the boots to Austin in the corner. I guess Vince is just an outside referee here. Now Austin gains control with a swinging neckbreaker. Austin covers, but Benoit kicks out. Now Benoit reverses a suplex and goes for a Crossface, but Austin gets to the ropes. Then Benoit drags him back to the middle of the ring, and fully applies it. Austin gets to the ropes, and Benoit drags him out and applies it again. Austin again gets to the ropes. Now once again Benoit takes Austin down and applies the Crossface. Austin again reaches the ropes. Action spills to the outside now. Benoit runs Austin’s head into the announce table. Now Benoit tosses Austin back into the ring. Benoit follows, and clotheslines Austin to the outside again. Now Austin lands a kick to the ribs of Benoit. Austin runs Benoit into the announce table. Now we go back into the ring again. Austin grabs his title and goes to the ring. The ref tries to grab the belt, and Benoit runs into both of them, taking the ref out. Now Benoit lands a DDT on the title belt, taking Austin out. Now Benoit goes to the top. Benoit goes for a flying headbutt, but, Austin slams the belt right into Benoit’s face as he’s flying down. Austin covers, but Benoit kicks out! Now Austin applies the Sharpshooter. Now Benoit counters, and applies the Sharpshooter himself. Now Austin reverses it once more. Benoit reverses it once more, and Austin makes it to the ropes. Both men are down, and the ref utilizes his “no point†10 count. Both men are up. Benoit wants to go for a german suplex, but Austin lands a low blow. Austin goes to the top rope!!! Benoit catches him! Huge superplex by Benoit, and the crowd is going nuts! Benoit covers, but Austin kicks out at two. Now Benoit applies the Crippler Crossface, but Austin again reaches the ropes. Austin rolls to the outside, and Benoit follows. Austin rams Benoit’s head into the announce table. Now Austin suplexes Benoit ribs first into the announce table! Austin tries to fight back, but Austin rakes him in the eyes, and lands another front suplex right on Benoit’s ribs. The second one was much more lethal than the first there. Benoit is down and out. Now Austin pulls Benoit over by his bandages, and rams Benoit into the steps a couple times. The crowd chants “Austin Sucksâ€, hm, about time they agreed with me, I’ve been saying that for years! We’re back into the ring now, and Austin lands a series of elbow drops, then taunts Benoit. Now Benoit fights back, but Austin lands a HUGE spinebuster on Benoit. Austin covers, but Benoit kicks out at two. Austin applies the Walls Of Jericho on Benoit! Cole calls it a boston crab, but Austin is standing. Benoit fights his way to the ropes. Now Austin lands a series of right hands on Benoit’s back in the corner. Now Benoit battles back, Austin goes for the Stunner, but Benoit reverses it, and lands about TEN STRAIGHT GERMAN SUPLEXES!!! My God!!! Vince is on the apron, and Benoit shoves Austin into him. Now Benoit applies the Crossface in the middle of the ring! Vince grabs a chair and enters the ring. He punches the ref, and goes for a chair shot on Benoit, but Benoit lands a low blow, and grabs hold of the chair. Benoit lands about six chair shots on Vince. But Austin comes up from behind and rolls Benoit up, grabs the tights, and gets the three. ****1/2

WATCH IT NOW!!!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Hmm, If I've seen this match, I don't remember. Will be watching shortly.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
One of the matches that should always be brought up when it comes to how good of a year Austin had in 2001. He took what should have been a simple main event on a B show and put on a classic with help from the great Chris Benoit.