Mark Henry on his way out of wwe

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Pro Wrestling Torch reports Mark Henry may be on his way out of WWE.

On the December 12, 2011 episode of Raw, Henry pulled his groin during a match against John Cena. Testing done during the week revealed that the injury was more severe than was originally believed. The majority of WWE’s creative forces wanted to give him an easier schedule for a few weeks to let the injury heal. Vince McMahon, however, was described as being less than sympathetic to Henry’s plight and decided to have him lose the World Heavyweight Championship to Daniel Bryan the following week at TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs. McMahon didn’t think Henry should have taken time off to heal and pushed him to continue making his scheduled dates. This has led to frustration on Henry’s part.

Henry’s contract with WWE is set to expire this year and the Torch says that tension could have led Henry to not renew, thus explaining why he’s losing the majority of his television matches.
Credit PWmania

im not shocked at all that vince says that saying his previous track record! but i don't think im to bothered about henry going either

Aniking

Reaction score
I'm not that bothered about him going, purely due to the fact this year was probably going to be his last. If not this year then some time next year, so it's not like the WWE are losing a future star.

In saying that, last year was Henry's best year and it sucks that he got the groin injury when he did, otherwise he'd likely feature highly at Wrestlemania. Unfortunately that's not the case, and in a way I can understand both sides of the story. Henry has had his fair share of injuries in the past and Vince is probably sick of it, whereas Henry is probably frustrated because he's hurt and being forced to push on.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Will I miss Henry when he's gone? No. And that's because before this past year all of his felt forced. I never enjoyed them, and he didn't seem to enjoy them.

That being said, if Vince truly forced Henry to work knowing how injured he actually was, that's messed up. I agree with AK when he says that had Henry not got hurt, he would be featured prominently at Wrestlemania. I actually think he'd still be World Heavyweight Champion right now.

Everyone has their time when they know they need to hang it up, Mark's is coming really soon. WWE may not be losing a future star, but they are losing a reliable hand who dealt with all the crap they fed him.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I'll believe it when it happens.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
I'm on a different side of this view. I will miss Henry if he departs. One thing for sure is that Henry waited a long time for this WHC level and with this final heel Hall of Pain gimmick he has, it would of suit him well and perpetual. Too bad for the injury. I feel for the guy. We all have dreams and McMahon was being McMahon. The only guy that can probably take his place is Brodus Clay, but that guy is a joke with a disco gimmick. I better buy his shirt before he departs.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Henry leaving was a long time coming. He ... I dunno. Just isn't exciting. He isn't that good. He did finally find his niche but he was never really anything to watch. Just a big guy that did a few moves and boom that was it. I won't miss him when he leaves for sure. Surprised he lasted this long. When he leaves... ah well.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Being a fellow Texan, I will definitely miss him. I was at NOC when he won the ECW Championship and the place went nuts for him.

I didn't feel like his run last year was forced, but he is definitely a talent WWE should have jumped on board with sooner. They waited way too long and I feel they missed an opportunity.

I'll reserve judgment on Vince's comments, as there is clearly two sides to that story. It's not uncommon for a champion to drop the belt when he gets injured.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not buying this story.

Most of it doesn't add up and seeing as WWE picked Mark Henry over Michael Hayes, I doubt they would make him perform with a significant injury. Especially since it was also being reported in the same news rag, that Vince was on some kind of "protect da rasslers" kick recently.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah this seems to conflict with a bunch of what I've read as of late to. Though I did find it odd that he kept coming back from injuries so soon to me from the outside looking in, I would guess that Henry is the reason. He's been in WWE close to twenty years and this year he became top dog finally if I were him I wouldn't want to leave for any injury that was non life threatening as long as I could stay relevant on TV because the minute I'm gone I'd be irrelevant and have to start dating Mae Young again

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I'd love to see Henry do things outside the ring. The way he trash talks is absolutely hilarious and talks in general. Imagine him in a GM role, that would be pretty crazy.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This is another one of those made up news stories.

Henry has been with WWE for over 15 years through thick and thin and there is no way that he is annoyed with the way WWE has been using him lately. Plus last year Henry mentioned in quite a few interviews that he was very close to retirement and so he is probably looking to retire this year when his contract expires. Not because he is pissed off at WWE but because he is getting to old for wrestling and wants to enjoy life.

rcoot93

Reaction score
either way I will miss him, he has being doing good latley and it will be a shame to see him go, just glad he won the title at some point

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree it has been great to see him have a great run as World champion. For so long I thought that his ECW title reign would be as big as it would get for him, that was a quality title reign and he has channeled that same character for this Smackdown mainevent run. At least he has acheived this before he retired.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Story is probably fake, but if he was to retire/leave at the end of his contract it would be wise for him. After the brilliant year hes had its not exactly a bum note to finish on. Hes been the best booked champion of the last decade (I dont mean that to sound demeaning to Henry himself, but hes had a ton of help to look good).

AF.

Reaction score
Seems to be a reoccuring reason as to why wrestlers are unhappy; they are wrestling too many matches through too many injuries.

WWE either needs to cut down, or hire new wrestlers to ease the work load.