Malakai Black takes some time off

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The “get off the internet.” Comment was the same thing someone told me when they tried blaming me for my depression. So, yeah I don’t much like seeing something like that.
Yeah, I was told this a few times this year when certain things were really affecting me. It sucks.

Some people really don’t understand it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I’ll say whether it be WWE or AEW or Impact contracts are useless if you don’t enforce them. If talent wants to come and go as they please, get paid on a per appearance deal and don’t sign an exclusive contract. It’s really that simple. Companies have zero reason to even offer long term contracts if they’re gonna just let people leave for their competitors whenever they feel like it. It defeats the purpose.

Yeah people get called hypocrites for wanting WWE to cut people for asking for theirs but my philosophy is only if they're already paying them to stay at home and they aren't being used. Cause as a fan that fucking sucks when they could be wrestling somewhere that I could watch them. If they're being used but want out then that's on them still. But I watch so much wrestling I kinda dont care if you want out but I still see you regularly, you signed that contract and it's being enacted

It's not even me trying to stand up for the wrestlers, they might be happy to be paid to be home but I'm like fuck that, I'd rather watch you work for a hot dog and a handshake at an indie show :lol

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah I just feel bad for even thinking it now and I'm a bit miffed that dirtsheets seem intent on creating more tribalism with how they've been reporting stuff last few weeks especially. just feels like something changed
they probably heard it from somewhere, didn’t actually do any research to see if it was true, and reported it.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I’ll say whether it be WWE or AEW or Impact contracts are useless if you don’t enforce them. If talent wants to come and go as they please, get paid on a per appearance deal and don’t sign an exclusive contract. It’s really that simple. Companies have zero reason to even offer long term contracts if they’re gonna just let people leave for their competitors whenever they feel like it. It defeats the purpose.
Yeah I feel legally especially, this is my take as well. I think they can be some moral exceptions and I could see some argument for ppl like Ali and Brodie who were frozen and benched and not used AND not granted a release...BUT there is still *no obligation to grant it. I also feel that some comparisons weren't apples to apples (not so much here, but in other echo chambers). Like for example: I'd say the majority of ppl felt that while WWE not granting Roddy his release, the boy JUST signed an extension so it's like...well you also made your bed? Morally there's def some debates but yeah from a business pov and especially in a company like AEW who doesn't do mid contract roster cuts...yeah you should be expected to fulfill your end of the deal unless there's some legitimate reasons why you cannot. As I said in earlier posts, daddy H taking over creative is not a reasonable reason to grant a release imo and if im tk, i'd also be saying lolno. (just to be clear as well, im not referring to any individual in particular in AEW, just talking in general)

Last edited:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah it’d be hilarious if everyone went to AEW because the grass was greener but now they want to go back to WWE because… the grass is greener again?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah people get called hypocrites for wanting WWE to cut people for asking for theirs but my philosophy is only if they're already paying them to stay at home and they aren't being used. Cause as a fan that fucking sucks when they could be wrestling somewhere that I could watch them. If they're being used but want out then that's on them still. But I watch so much wrestling I kinda dont care if you want out but I still see you regularly, you signed that contract and it's being enacted

It's not even me trying to stand up for the wrestlers, they might be happy to be paid to be home but I'm like fuck that, I'd rather watch you work for a hot dog and a handshake at an indie show :lol
Yeah, same. I’ll often want a wrestler to go somewhere else and hope they get let go, but I’d never vilify a company for holding a talent hostage.

Whether it be Ali in WWE, Black in AEW or even Frost in Impact. I try to be as consistent as I can.

But yeah, I want to see my favorites. That’s why the only thing I really hate is the 90-day non competes. Even if the talent wants to get paid I want to see em.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Yeah it’d be hilarious if everyone went to AEW because the grass was greener but now they want to go back to WWE because… the grass is greener again?
I have thought of the same thing before. Everyone jumped to AEW because it was greener, and now people are jumping back to WWE, while others are going to IMPACT, Indie, or even Japan and just doing their own thing

Gambit

Reaction score
Yeah I feel legally especially, this is my take as well. I think they can be some moral exceptions and I could see some argument for ppl like Ali and Brodie who were frozen and benched and not used AND not granted a release...BUT there is still *no obligation to grant it. I also feel that some comparisons weren't apples to apples (not so much here, but in other echo chambers). Like for example: I'd say the majority of ppl felt that while WWE not granting Roddy his release, the boy JUST signed an extension so it's like...well you also made your bed? Morally there's def some debates but yeah from a business pov and especially in a company like AEW who doesn't do mid contract roster cuts...yeah you should be expected to fulfill your end of the deal unless there's some legitimate reasons why you cannot. As I said in earlier posts, daddy H taking over creative is not a reasonable reason to grant a release imo and if im tk, i'd also be saying lolno. (just to be clear as well, im not referring to any individual in particular in AEW, just talking in general)
Yeah, kind silly to sign someone then be like “oh your favorite boss is back in charge over in New York? Sure, I’ll let you go pleasure doing business” that’s no sensible business. And it is kinda you made the choice to sign now fulfill your duties. The Ali and Brodie situations are vastly different cause they weren’t even being used so it just seemed so pointless and hoarding. That’s why people were so adamant against wwe at that.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah, same. I’ll often want a wrestler to go somewhere else and hope they get let go, but I’d never vilify a company for holding a talent hostage.

Whether it be Ali in WWE, Black in AEW or even Frost in Impact. I try to be as consistent as I can.

But yeah, I want to see my favorites. That’s why the only thing I really hate is the 90-day non competes. Even if the talent wants to get paid I want to see em.
ill admit ive vilified wwe a lot, but I also feel a lot of that was just the latest thing to be pissed off at Vince off a list of a million other scummy things theyve done. in a vacuum it's not THAT outrageous though, you're 100% right

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I just personally want every company to be a place talent loves to be, so they can be spread out better and I can see my favorites no matter the show I watch

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Generally speaking a talent is only benched and frozen in their deal if they’re refusing to work in the first place. That might not be every case, but it’s generally the case. So it still stems from talent thinking they should be allowed to breach deals.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah, kind silly to sign someone then be like “oh your favorite boss is back in charge over in New York? Sure, I’ll let you go pleasure doing business” that’s no sensible business. And it is kinda you made the choice to sign now fulfill your duties. The Ali and Brodie situations are vastly different cause they weren’t even being used so it just seemed so pointless and hoarding. That’s why people were so adamant against wwe at that.
to add on to your first point:

why would you willingly give more ammo to your competition while they are on the rise and debuting new folks every week? Why would you want to help them maintain momentum? That's not good business

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think the only person i wanna see out of WWE rn whether he enjoys his paycheck or not is Drew Gulak. When tf has he even wrestled a match longer than 5 minutes within the past two years :sadpanda

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Generally speaking a talent is only benched and frozen in their deal if they’re refusing to work in the first place. That might not be every case, but it’s generally the case. So it still stems from talent thinking they should be allowed to breach deals.
certainly a valid argument, yeah. the ol well if you dont wanna be here why would i book you and why would i want to be here if you dont book me conundrum

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I mean it doesn't make business sense to hold a talent hostage if you're not using them if you're that desperate just to keep them away from other companies. It's not like people were gonna tune in to AEW just to watch Brodie Lee or Ali