MAJOR NAME SUSPENDED

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the dark knight

FUCK YES! best wrestling news i've heard since his last injury.

Your telling me you were honestly expecting that the 5ft 6in, 175 pound mexican guy was juicing?
i suggest you take a closer look at his muscles...

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Your telling me you were honestly expecting that the 5ft 6in, 175 pound mexican guy was juicing?

Its possible. Just look at the difference between WCW Rey and WWE Rey.

Exactly, there's like at least 30 pounds difference between the two.

Anyway I'm just shaking my head at this whole wellness policy thing. Rey's clearly been juicing since he started with WWE and he's only getting busted now?

Quintastic One

Reaction score
It's definitely his second strike since the Benoit Incident. Because he was freshly drafted to RAW and yet didn't make a single appearance for a long time as Kane was doing his mask gimmick. After 4 weeks of build up Kane revealed the mask to not be his, but of Rey Reys. Rey Mysterio returned shortly after that. So this IS his second strike. Then again, Jeff Hardy and Randy Orton won at least a half a dozen world titles between them after 1st and 2nd strikes *not sure if Orton has been suspended once or twice* so I guess this won't mean much to stall Mysterios push.

Hell, he'll probably return in 30 days and get a world title feud with CM Punk.

noumenon

^I think the reasoning for him being out was because he was kidnapped. Either that or didn't he have some kind of injury? I was thinking his suspension was before that. You could be right though.

Orton I believe has 1 wellness suspension and one conduct suspension. Those don't add up as two though.

Evil Austin

Thirty days isn't that much if you think about it, it's just one PPV and basically four episodes.

PeepShow

It's definitely his second strike since the Benoit Incident. Because he was freshly drafted to RAW and yet didn't make a single appearance for a long time as Kane was doing his mask gimmick. After 4 weeks of build up Kane revealed the mask to not be his, but of Rey Reys. Rey Mysterio returned shortly after that. So this IS his second strike. Then again, Jeff Hardy and Randy Orton won at least a half a dozen world titles between them after 1st and 2nd strikes *not sure if Orton has been suspended once or twice* so I guess this won't mean much to stall Mysterios push.

Hell, he'll probably return in 30 days and get a world title feud with CM Punk.

Technically just one. The other appearance was just his name being mentioned for taking prescription drugs in an issue of SI once.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Thirty days isn't that much if you think about it, it's just one PPV and basically four episodes.

but still, it's one month without pay I think, and you'd probably be in the doghouse for a while.

Mysterio is getting really annoying for me now. Every year since he got his big push, he's always been injured or had to miss time. I don't know why they can't push someone else to be their big Hispanic draw.

Travis40

Bud Selig better step in and stop thi..... Oh wait.

Same shit though. The WWE is just like baseball. I just assume everyone is on shit.

I'm slowly feeling better about baseball. Not so much with wrestling....

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

It's not. But with him being champ, it makes it look bad. Him and Ziggler had some decent to pretty good matches and more than likely Ziggler would have went over at Breaking Point. Mysterio dropping the title however he's going to just messes it all up.

There were also reports (whether true or not) that Rey was suppose to lose the title last ppv (not sure about the one before that during Mysterio/Ziggler I, but for sure Mysterio Ziggler II) that Ziggler was supose to win the title, but Rey said h didn't want to have a short title reign.

The older guys should also be setting an example to the younger one's as well with the drugs but that's not the case.

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
I think just like in many other sports the main reason for steroids among them isn't it to get bigger but to recover from injuries faster. I mean they add extra bulk and some do take it for that purpose but I know some guys from the SI list like Rey and Helms probably take it more for injuries reason then anything else.

Yup, that's the dumbest thing I've heard all week. Congrats!

Recover from inuries faster???? If anything taking steroids lead to injuries. Your muscle's expand and build so fast that they're not stable leading to tears and strains. The reason touring athletes and wrestlers take steroids is because of the limited time they get to hit the gym and train every day...they wanna get as much bang for their buck as possible.
You also have to realize WWE's (and most sport organizations) definition of a "performance enhancing drug" is pretty broad lately. So it doesn't necessarily have to be an anabolic steroid. It could even be left over pain killers with an expired prescription.

Why do pitchers in baseball use steroids? To recover faster between starts and to come back quicker from surgery. The toll a pitcher puts on his arm is pretty close to the toll a wrestler puts on his whole body. They both are out there on a nightly basis Constant use of steroids will cause damage to the body and cause injurires but to get you through a week, a shot of steroids will help.

He never said they prevented injuries but helped them recover from the effects.

The bottom line is they down play that aspect of steroid abuse because it doesn't seem as bad or makes good headlinges.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/05/03/SPGC8CJ5861.DTL

There is an article where numerous steroid users back up his stance.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
so is batista.............and?

It's just so WWE. It would be in their best interests to at least try and give their wellness policy a semblance of credibility but then you see guys like Mysterio and Batista juicing but they don't get caught.

On the other hand I believe that they only test for steroids and not things like HGH which would allow most of them to skirt the policy but I'm not 100% certain on that.

The conspiracy theory lover in me says that this is all a ruse. When they obviously take the title off him next week and send him out for thirty plus days. (Note that the suspension is for thirty days, he could be kept out longer to sell the injury or whatever.) It'll make for great TV and really help get, I assume, Dolph Ziggler even further over. Rey gets some time off and they get a great angle.

Rey gets suspended though because he drew the short straw this time around and was "suspended" to lend credence to their policy. [/Gribble]

TK.GFX

Reaction score
According to F4WOnline.com, Rey Mysterio spoke about his WWE suspension in an interview with the Record newspaper in Mexico.

The report says that Mysterio blamed the Wellness Policy test failure on a drug he was using for his arm and knee. Mysterio confirmed that he did have a prescription for the drug.

Nonetheless, because Mysterio was on the road for a vacation and for Summerslam promotion, he did not learn about the test failure until Wednesday. Required to provide proof of prescription by Thursday, he was unable to meet the deadline, and his thirty day punishment was ordered.

Mysterio is scheduled to begin serving his suspension next Wednesday.
Source - LOP.com

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Rey gets suspended though because he drew the short straw this time around and was "suspended" to lend credence to their policy. [/Gribble]

It could have something to do with Rey wanting all these extra things when he signed his new contract. Taking time off when he wants (to an extent), wanting to have a long IC title reign, etc. This could be WWE's way of saying don't fuck with me.

I still say the Wellness policy is BS. I mean Eugene was brought back after having 3 strikes. What the hell is that? You can get 3 strikes, get fired and still come back.