Major Metal Band Rumored To Perform At Summerslam

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Superluchas.net reports that Metallica could possibly be performing at this year's Summerslam pay-per-view event. WWE has been trying to make Summerslam into the second version of Wrestlemania and feel that a big musical act like Metallica would help make the event feel more special.

WWE and Metallica have been doing business together lately, so there's a very good chance of this happening. The company hired the band to produce one of the theme songs for Wrestlemania this year. WWE has also been hyping the Orion Music Festival for Metallica as well.

WWE SummerSlam takes place on Sunday, August 19th from the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Metallica aren't very relevant anymore but I'd still like to see them perform at Summerslam as it'd be good and they can put on a good performance. They have a fair bit of good songs. Would work well for the Lesnar v HHH match and well, at least it will be better than Cee Lo Green last year. His performance sucked and the crowd was not into it at all. Good to see that WWE are going with a metal style again and not pop, etc.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Metallica will always be relevant enough for it to be a big deal when they preform which is why is cost a arm, a leg and everything you own to use their songs and shit.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't know about this...

Last time I think WWE used something of Metallica for SummerSlam it was using that awful St. Anger song from their worst album to date as a theme. I don't follow them that much but yeah I think St. Anger is still worse than their newest album. I hope they have a backstage segment with Triple H. I'm sure he'd enjoy that.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'd prefer if Motorhead were playing instead of Metallica. I like Metallica but I believe other bands and such should perform.

Sam

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
I don't know Andrew, Motorhead as godly as they are as forefathers of metal, whenever they've played Trips out, it's been really shitty and half arsed.

Metallica would be interesting, they've still got a lot to offer as a live band, and they're hot off hosting their own festival I believe so there'll be a buzz around them. And as long as it's not a song from any album after the Black Album!.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
You raise a good point... Can we get Fozzy to play Jericho's music?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Good stuff.

:y:

AF.

Reaction score
If they play the song from No Mercy 2008 'All Nightmare Long' I'm all for this. Awesome song.

Don't know many more songs from Metallica though, tbh. I'll most likely fast-forward through them.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
If they play the song from No Mercy 2008 'All Nightmare Long' I'm all for this. Awesome song.

Don't know many more songs from Metallica though, tbh. I'll most likely fast-forward through them.

If you like that song, you should know more songs from them. Almost anything barring the horrid St. Anger album and 4 or 5 other songs is better than that one.

Anyway, I'm excited.

And as long as it's not a song from any album after the Black Album!.

I don't care what anybody says, Load and ReLoad are great. They're just vastly different and people weren't open to them evolving. No, they're not as godly as the first 5, BUT they're still great albums. I seriously don't get why everyone hates them. There's a FEW songs that didn't hit the mark, but they did well on most of them. Anybody who doesn't like Unforgiven II, The Outlaw Torn, Bleeding Me, Carpe Diem Baby, The Memory Remains, Low Man's Lyric, Fixxxer or King Nothing has serious problems. Among others.

Death Magnetic is good too.

Last edited:

Sam

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Not wanting to veer to much off topic and get into a full blown metalhead conversation. I do respect Metallica's decision to change, I mean Black Album was vastly different from Kill 'Em All and And Justice For All. Load and Reload were decent, St. Anger was a crock of shit, Death Magnetic was decent again I admit. And then there was Lulu... and The Table...

Still, I look forward to this if they do indeed perform at Summerslam.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I didn't even bother hearing that collaboration album with Lou Reed, I've heard it's ridiculously bad. I guess I don't consider it part of their discography because it's a collaboration, but the reception I've heard about it is brutal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Im for this, i know it will be better then having Cee Lo Green perform.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I didn't even bother hearing that collaboration album with Lou Reed, I've heard it's ridiculously bad. I guess I don't consider it part of their discography because it's a collaboration, but the reception I've heard about it is brutal.

It is.

I dunno Metallica isn't a bad choice but I feel they could have gone with someone a little more fresh I mean we just got done hearing two months of Memory Remains...

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
If you like that song, you should know more songs from them. Almost anything barring the horrid St. Anger album and 4 or 5 other songs is better than that one.

Anyway, I'm excited.

I don't care what anybody says, Load and ReLoad are great. They're just vastly different and people weren't open to them evolving. No, they're not as godly as the first 5, BUT they're still great albums. I seriously don't get why everyone hates them. There's a FEW songs that didn't hit the mark, but they did well on most of them. Anybody who doesn't like Unforgiven II, The Outlaw Torn, Bleeding Me, Carpe Diem Baby, The Memory Remains, Low Man's Lyric, Fixxxer or King Nothing has serious problems. Among others.

Death Magnetic is good too.
Low Man's Lyric sucks ass.

Reactions: 1 person

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
They should try and stick a band in that will get everybody moving. Thousand Foot Krutch comes to mind. Their music can get you going, plus everybody can enjoy it. A lot of the young kids who are wrestling fans probably won't know who Metallica is, or just won't like the music. A bunch of fresher bands out there that can probably do a better job of keeping the crowd awake. Don't get me wrong, I love Metallica, but they just don't suit the current WWE target.