Major heat on top stars following raw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
EWrestlingNews.com spoke with a source backstage at RAW on Monday night in Seattle that informed us that there was some incredible turmoil as a result of the main event segment on the show.

Apparently the top management figures in the company were very upset over the crowd reaction during "The Ascension" segment featuring many past WWE and World Champions that closed out the show. While WWE expected Daniel Bryan to be more over than usual due to his Washington-based roots, they were caught off guard by the way the crowd hijacked the featured segment of the evening, one that was designed as the final "hard sell" for Sunday's TLC pay-per-view.

There is said to be some backstage heat on several guys, including John Cena and CM Punk. Punk and Randy Orton apparently had words, while Cena was in trouble for going completely off-script during his promo on Orton.

As one source told eWrestlingNews.com, "Orton was extremely pissed and threw a fit backstage, and things are not looking good." This was obviously a result of Cena's harsh comments towards him during the TLC "go-home" promo for their title unification match this Sunday.

Additionally, WWE Hall Of Famer Bret "The Hitman" Hart was upset at the "Montreal Screwjob" reference made by Orton during his promo. While Orton's comments about the infamous Survivor Series incident were apparently scripted, Hart was not informed ahead of time that they were coming.

As far as Punk is concerned, eWrestlingNews.com is hearing that "The Best In The World" is again seriously contemplating retirement, or simply parting ways with WWE. As noted in the past, Punk is dealing with a number of injuries and is generally unhappy with the direction WWE is currently headed. Punk is known to be "moody" at times and whether or not this is another example of that, or the real deal this time, remains to be seen.

eWrestlingNews.com is checking with additional sources and we will be following up on this story as more information surfaces throughout the week. Matt Boone and I (Ryan Clark) discussed this in-depth at the very beginning of hour two on this week's edition of WZRtv.
I can imagine Orton/Punk getting pissed, but I think this is more BS than usual from sites.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Never even heard of EWrestlingNews, so their sources don't sound the least bit credible to me.

They must have read my post in the RAW thread and made a story out of it :peyton:

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Yeah, this doesn't make sense. Wouldn't WWE like when the crowd is hot, fired up, and takes over a segment? They praise the Raw after Mania crowd over and over again when really all they did was try to be as loud as they could about anything during every match or segment. Maybe if they listened to the Crowd they'd see that they were clearly bored with Orton's promo, which is a normal occurrence. And of course Bryan was going to be loved to holy hell because its his home town.

As for Punk, he's been stating for years now that he wants to take an early retirement. I was actually expecting him to hang it up after this WrestleMania anyways. I think a Jericho like part time contract could really work well for him. He's not going to pull in massive rating like Rock or Lesnar, but he is still a nice attraction to throw at the fans every once in a while for some new and fresh feuds.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
If true ... Wouldn't Henry have heat for raising Bryan's arm?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
zzzzzzz.

Same site that says Punk is in the doghouse every week, and TNA is on the verge of bankruptcy.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Never even heard of EWrestlingNews, so their sources don't sound the least bit credible to me.

They must have read my post in the RAW thread and made a story out of it :peyton:
Probably. Hell you search wwe network on google and you get our thread in the first couple of pages lol

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
It's been reported by Ryan Clarke, so it's BS.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I can't take this for credible news. WWE loves the hell out of Cena, I highly doubt they'll be mad if he goes a little off script as he's done it before.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Really doubt this Punk stuff people keep bringing up because he is dealing with injuries.

Punk is a politician. I don't disbelieve he doesn't like the current direction (once again they shit on the guy that is the hottest at every live show because people don't buy PPV's where > half of the card is announced at or after Smackdown the week of, or on-air at the PPV itself). They're still doing nothing to build a real midcard in any way, shape, or form.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They are unifying the titles so there can be a midcard. The whole world title division of recent years ... Bryan, punk, ADR, Dolph, Sheamus, Christian, Henry and the like would have all been in a Piper, Perfect, Razor, steamboat category had it not been for a brand split and we all know it.

One main whatever the hell they wanted to call the wwe championship is about the midcard as much as it is about the top of the card. Bryan and Punk are better now than hey were when they carried what was the WCW belt status wise, but the rest of the division sure isn't and had no business being world champions let alone multiple time ones in some cases.

Taking Cena, Orton, Punk, Bryan, Sheamus, and yes Rey and Trips when he laces up to promote the wwe title means those other guys that don't draw but have those prestigious resumes of being former World Heavyweight champs makes Big E and the IC title look good.

That starts a trickle down to the US division which then gets the Sandow, Kofi, Miz, Barrett, Sin Cara, and so on of the roster.

Everything and everyone else goes to the tag division. That's why you see guys like Truth, Titus, Clay, and the like all getting their faces out there more now

I just can't see how people are ignoring that unifying the titles and admitting there's no brand split at all on TV and to stockholders means they basically correctly labeled all those guys who weren't good enough to be A players as their new full time midcard. They forcibly knocked things back into whack by making sure the world title match on a ppv isn't the opener anymore

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Sounds like something written in a grandmothers basement. Seriously doubt Cena could go that far off script and nobody interject. I'm sure WWE would never Jeopardize there relationship with Bret and he's already commented on that stuff several times since being back.

Reports like this is why wrestlers hate "internet fans"

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This newz site sucks, could've atleast said Triple H is said to be furious at Punk for hugging his wife while in his undies.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
This site always post total bs reports that are never reported anywhere else from what I remember.