Mafia General Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ace

Reaction score
I definitely agree on mass claim. I was dumbfounded when someone first told me you guys do that.

And also on character claiming. Especially on a setup perspective. It's hard trying to leave out characters that can be used as fakes. That won't suck.
May as well not have themes then?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

The themes aren’t for finding scum because they sucked at faking their character’s flavor and stuff.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

CraigPelton

Dean of Greendale Community College / Pals Era Pioneer
Reaction score
Themes are good, and I'm not a fan of restricting the number of claims per phase. I have come to prefer disallowing character claims though as getting caught on flavor/theme stuff is annoying and feels cheap.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score

I wouldn't say that. The themes make the games more fun as people see what characters they get, especially in themes that everyone knows. I just think hunting off flavour/characters is not great. Especially as some hosts don't want to match every role to a character that makes sense. I used to do that and it actually became a headache at times. Making sure all the pieces fit together properly.

Ace

Reaction score
The themes aren’t for finding scum because they sucked at faking their character’s flavor and stuff.
What are themes for?

I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm legit wondering since we get fake claims in most games anyway which have been built into the game design.

I guess you can say its just for fun but eh

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I think smark is just saying that when you’re scum, getting your fake character and then matching it to a role and trying to think of flavour to tie it together etc isn’t fun, and I completely agree with that. I don’t really see that as “mafia” tbh it’s just a chore. Trying to fake character and flavour in three kingdoms was a massive pain in the ass for me. That’s a special case because there’s an absolute fuck tonne of source material but it’s just annoying every time unless you’re intimately familiar with the theme which is probably the only way it’s gonna be fun for you

Ace

Reaction score
I think smark is just saying that when you’re scum, getting your fake character and then matching it to a role and trying to think of flavour to tie it together etc isn’t fun, and I completely agree with that. I don’t really see that as “mafia” tbh it’s just a chore. Trying to fake character and flavour in three kingdoms was a massive pain in the ass for me. That’s a special case because there’s an absolute fuck tonne of source material but it’s just annoying every time unless you’re intimately familiar with the theme which is probably the only way it’s gonna be fun for you
Yeah I don't disagree with any of that, I'm just curious what the value of flavour actually is.

It's not something I've really thought of before, it was just convention to have flavour.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I think it’s mostly just for fun and to immerse everybody into the theme, there’s no real purpose in it (unless the hosts designs there to be but other than smark putting subliminal messages in gifs I don’t think I’ve seen that before)

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Yeah I don't disagree with any of that, I'm just curious what the value of flavour actually is.

It's not something I've really thought of before, it was just convention to have flavour.

When I used to play in the past you could get caught out for flavour reasons. I think my very first game on WF I fucked up the wording of VT roles and I think a bunch of people confirmed themselves because of flavour text. Something like that.

I've also made the mistake of not giving scum big enough character fakes so they end up sticking out like a sore thumb when they claim.

CraigPelton

Reaction score
Yes I need immersion lmao I seriously have a hard time caring when there is no theme I hate vanilla games haha. It can be a totally made up theme but give me SOMETHING.

I've toyed around with doing like generic fantasy theme setups before lol

Doddsy

Mafia God
Reaction score
The wrestling forum mafia section is really clambering for ratings
1fe63e9c4e20fee9ef70e9840fd9b661.jpg

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
The wrestling forum mafia section is really clambering for ratings
1fe63e9c4e20fee9ef70e9840fd9b661.jpg

I'm surprised it hasn't been removed yet.

It's going to be a sad day when all those archived games get removed. I still like to read them, especially my past hosted ones.

CraigPelton

Reaction score
If someone could send me the dead qt for the current game I would be most obliged