Mafia General Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I guess all Mafia games are like this...always interested in learning how to play, but not at the cost.

They don’t have to be.

I’m hoping that recent open and frank discussions will lead to that kind of behaviour becoming less common and there’ll be a bit of a shift in attitudes as a result.

There are 1000% people who want to just play the game and aren’t looking for an excuse to butt heads with others.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I actually think there are more WC mafia players here now then there are remaining WF mafia players and that alone I think will have a lasting impact on culture in the section.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I played in WC first before I ever played my first game on WF and let me tell you the culture shock was huge.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
I played in WC first before I ever played my first game on WF and let me tell you the culture shock was huge.
How so? I played a game or two on WC a few years ago and my schedule at the time didn't make me an active player. I just remember not knowing what to do.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
We have alot of guys who are here and not playing due to the higher volume of posting as well as the toxicity that has been shown. Pretty sure Sayer disappeared because of the volume of posts and not being able to keep up. I would say the toxicity is a big thing that keeps people from playing here. The FWA has about 10 more people who played thst haven't even looked here. I know Shawn went MIA but his kids who are very young ended up with fevers when the game started. He has hosted a ton of games on WC and could even help with games here the same with Hemmlock, Man and a few others.

Like I said before a 2 or 3 game ban for breaking a rule the first time and work it up from there.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
How so? I played a game or two on WC a few years ago and my schedule at the time didn't make me an active player. I just remember not knowing what to do.
It's cool man. We all have that.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score

I never played on WF, but WC mafia was very chilled for the most part.

There were disagreements, sure, but it was always due to in game stuff (people lying because they have to as it’s part of the game) and any disputes were almost always discussed post game, hands shook, and there were no lasting grudges.

In terms of not knowing what to do, I think everyone feels that way at first. The more you play and the more you understand how roles and players work the easier it gets and the more comfortable you’ll feel.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
We have alot of guys who are here and not playing due to the higher volume of posting as well as the toxicity that has been shown. Pretty sure Sayer disappeared because of the volume of posts and not being able to keep up. I would say the toxicity is a big thing that keeps people from playing here. The FWA has about 10 more people who played thst haven't even looked here. I know Shawn went MIA but his kids who are very young ended up with fevers when the game started. He has hosted a ton of games on WC and could even help with games here the same with Hemmlock, Man and a few others.

Like I said before a 2 or 3 game ban for breaking a rule the first time and work it up from there.

I personally don’t think the posting volume is a negative part of playing here. It’s tough, when you’ll get double the posts than what we’re used to in a whole game in half a day, but it’s not something that should be actively discouraged or worked against for me. I’m sure we will all get used to it, I am already finding myself able to catch up easier.

The toxicity and vitriol is the main thing keeping people away. It’s just not what that player base is used to. I said it in the dead chat the other day, it’s something that will turn potential new players’ heads away and the WC lot and Cereal Killer above are prime examples of that.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I personally don’t think the posting volume is a negative part of playing here. It’s tough, when you’ll get double the posts than what we’re used to in a whole game in half a day, but it’s not something that should be actively discouraged or worked against for me. I’m sure we will all get used to it, I am already finding myself able to catch up easier.

The toxicity and vitriol is the main thing keeping people away. It’s just not what that player base is used to. I said it in the dead chat the other day, it’s something that will turn potential new players’ heads away and the WC lot and Cereal Killer above are prime examples of that.
This.

I’m with Man. I think working hard to drive out toxicity is a must, but I don’t personally think higher activity is a bad thing. I actually think it works better for the game. You need more interactions between players to get a proper read on the game state.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Players on WF took mafia far more seriously. That’s what leads to a lot of these issues. Whether or not they get awards for example often leads to ten pages of arguments over who played a better game.

They also had far different ideas of acceptability when it comes to setups. My first Scream I hosted on WC got rave reviews for how complicated it was, but I got nonstop hate for it on WF. They have for set ideas for how a game should be ballnced and what roles should be inplimbeted. On WC death proofs were no big deal. We used them a lot, but WF players flipped out of a player got lynched and didn’t flip.

On WC modkills were far more common, but on WF they used a system called reps that just replaced an inactive player. Modkills were mainly reserved for players intentionally trying to break the game state.

Stuff like that. I like stuff from both styles.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I am not saying it's a negative I am saying someone like Sayer who like most of our guys only saw maybe 2k posts a game to jump on to 3k in a day phase probably felt overwhelmed. I will say I skimmed alot in the last game because the other games jumping in I fell asleep trying to read everything after working all day. So I have to change my style some to keep up.

I think it's more overwhelming than a negative.

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
I'd read through the themes and the creativity of the games were always great...I just never had time to devote to it, now I do.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Fwiw i plan on being very nice next game
Same. I came very close last time. I was reflecting all the arguments I was just like OK I if you feel I’m scum go ahead and lynch me that’s fine. So hopefully when I’m able to deflect all the bullets like that there isn’t someone that goes well maybe you should just quit lol that was just so infuriating.