Mae Young Classic 2018 Mae Young Classic 2018 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Mae_Young_2018_logo--9b332a23c58074156096160dab729350.png

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/io-shirai-departing-stardom-headed-wwe-258556

Io Shirai, who was considered the biggest women's wrestling star in Japan, looks to be headed to WWE.

Tokyo Sports reported in its Monday newspaper that Shirai would be going to WWE and her final show with Stardom would be June 17th. Sources close to her have confirmed the story.

Shirai, real name Masami Odate, 28, was named Japanese Women's MVP in 2015, 2016, and 2017.

She was first contacted by WWE in October 2016. She and Kairi Hojo (now Kairi Sane) both went back-and-forth on deals since the WWE contracts were for less money than they were making, but they were convinced the upside of becoming stars outside of Japan were enticing. She finally accepted the deal last May, however a heart issue was discovered in WWE medical examining and WWE rescinded the offer last June, and she returned to Stardom. She underwent a full medical examination in Japan and was fully cleared and has been the top star in the company since.

She lost her Wonder of Stardom title to Momo Watanabe on Wednesday night, which started rumors of her being WWE-bound. However, in that case, one had nothing to do with the other as the booking plan was for Watanabe, who they hope to be a future top star, needed the win at this time. The promotion wasn't aware of Shirai leaving until today.

Besides Shirai and Toni Storm, who also signed a U.K. contract with WWE, the company has made offers to other Stardom wrestlers and with the Mae Young Classic this summer, the Stardom Five-Star tournament has lost several wrestlers who were originally to be part of it.

It's bitter sweet hearing that news, yeah I'm happy for her to do something new and have a new journey in Wrestling, but my fear is what is going on with WWE right now with Kairi and whether or not they'll be able to use her in the right way? I mean Io is very different than Kairi and Asuka, if you see a smile from her take a picture, she is all about that business and is very stern. Lately she's been knocking down the walls and I hope it continues so she can show that she can be a true asset to the company for years to come.

As for Stardom Io doing that right thing putting over Momo, and getting girls like Momo, HZK, and AZM and making them better talents is something she'll leave a great legacy towards. Stardom has enough problems with their World Champion rarely there, Storyline issues, and Booking Decisions issues to be nice about it and now you lose a Star in Shirai that's hard to come back from and expect anyone on that roster right being able to take her place. Yeah I'm pretty sure as we get near I'm going to shed a tear and you know her last Match needs to be against Mayu or Momo. I can see them doing Momo just to put her over further and say you're the leader of this team now show them what you got. Stardom can also do Mayu vs Io again because it sells and the Match will be great.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't fuck your neck up again.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah the reason they said they didn't sign her had to do with heart problems their so called Medical Staff saw from her. I guess they were fucking wrong or that report was complete bs.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So-called medical staff :cenalol

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I’m not so familiar with her but I’ve heard nothing but positive things about her, so I’m looking forward to her inevitable debut.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So-called medical staff :cenalol

Lolz I mean it wouldn't be the first time a person working with WWE not seeing or misdiagnosing a talent ask CM Punk about it:UMAD

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Lmao I guarantee you deezy ain't buying that hernia story wherever is true or not :lmao

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Lolz I mean it wouldn't be the first time a person working with WWE not seeing or misdiagnosing a talent ask CM Punk about it:UMAD
Why is CM Punk settling with Dr Z-Pak?

And I grew up in a wrestling room....I know what staph infection and MRSA is. And anyone with half a brain could tell you that isn't something to bullshit about. Let alone trying to act like pro wrestlers didn't know what staph infection was and they'd pop them in the locker room like a bunch of dumbfucks.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

I forgot that she had appeared on LU before and I dug that match a lot. Those other matches I shared are pretty good too, is there anything else I should check out from her @Kairi HoHo ?

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Yeah I never bought that staph infection story. Don’t think a world renown doctor would be that negligent

Drew

Reaction score
I mean I’m sure she’s good. But great, another girl for Karai to jizz all over and complain when she’s not called up. Lulz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I mean I’m sure she’s good. But great, another girl for Karai to jizz all over and complain when she’s not called up. Lulz

I mean when you're a fan like I am of Kairi and Io you're going to be upset and wondering why can't WWE use them in a better way for people to start to fall in love with them as well. I don't think WWE is using Kairi to the best of her abilities, but she's going to be Champion over Shayna to bring it back to the MYC. Io is a different animal that when you guys see her your mouths are going to drop and wonder how in the hell did she do that.

I forgot that she had appeared on LU before and I dug that match a lot. Those other matches I shared are pretty good too, is there anything else I should check out from her @Kairi HoHo ?

You had some great ones there Jimmy, this is still my favorite from Kairi and Io together. It's the reason why I did Women of Genius on WC and the reason why I got into Joshi in general.

Here are three Matches involving Io that have been killer and loved by me from her recent work.

Reactions: Jimmy King

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I mean when you're a fan like I am of Kairi and Io you're going to be upset and wondering why can't WWE use them in a better way for people to start to fall in love with them as well. I don't think WWE is using Kairi to the best of her abilities, but she's going to be Champion over Shayna to bring it back to the MYC. Io is a different animal that when you guys see her your mouths are going to drop and wonder how in the hell did she do that.

You had some great ones there Jimmy, this is still my favorite from Kairi and Io together. It's the reason why I did Women of Genius on WC and the reason why I got into Joshi in general.

Here are three Matches involving Io that have been killer and loved by me from her recent work.

I’ll check those out when I can, thanks bud.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Drew

Reaction score
Like I said, I’m sure they’re good. I’ll take a look when I can. But I’m not getting overly excited until I see how they do in the WWE.

Besides karai is going to have to drop that Pirate gimmick. It’s not going to work on the main roster(at least the spinning wheel thing imo)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Enough people like anime for the pirate gimmick to work in a dual branded women's division