Madusa back in WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Madusa, who formerly competed for WWE as Alundra Blayze, revealed Saturday on Facebook that she was recently contacted by her former employer. However, she would not disclose further details.

“Just want to let you all know I am NOT at the wrestle reunion in Miami or Canada. just to set the record straight! However…. did receive a call from WWE……
icon_smile.gif
and thats all i am say’n!!â€￾ she wrote.

Madusa is still in possession of the Women’s Championship she infamously dumped in a trash can on a 1995 episode of WCW Monday Nitro after defecting from the promotion. Through social media, she has been angling for a match with WWE where she would defend the title against reigning Divas Champion Beth Phoenix.

I really don't see the benefit in bringing her back to wrestle if that is what this is. She is nearly 50 and very few fans would remember who she is. Yes it was a massive moment when she dumped the title but it is a bit late to bring it up again. This could just be a Legends deal.

rcoot93

Reaction score
Might make an alright angle, they did Jericho/Steamboat a few years back

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Might make an alright angle, they did Jericho/Steamboat a few years back

I can see what yr getting at, not really comparable though.

Steamboat was a much bigger name, the womens equivalent would be someone like Sable or Chyna.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I don't see her being brought back to wrestle Beth. They've had a friendly banter on twitter in recent weeks from what i've seen. But she's too old to wrestle now.

It'll be interesting to know when more details are hopefully revealed about what she's talking to WWE about.

rcoot93

Reaction score
I can see what yr getting at, not really comparable though.

Steamboat was a much bigger name, the womens equivalent would be someone like Sable or Chyna.

True but the throwing the belt in the garbage adds a bit of weight to the story, and the fans enjoy WCW nostalgia

Deuce

Reaction score
She's nearly 50 and she might have gotten signed by the WWE? I highly doubt she will be remembered for one and I highly doubt she will get much from the crowd for two.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
This won't happen. The only option to sign her is to be a talent scout or trainer.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
PWInsider said:
Madusa, who was WWF Women's champion as Alundra Blayze, announced that she had been in contact with WWE after they reached out to her recently. She teased she would be in Miami for Wrestlemania without actually stating it.

I believe that Madusa was invited to be interviewed for the WWE Network that week. The company is conducting a TON of interviews about the Monday Night War era with legends and talents from the past over Wrestlemania week.

Obviously, Madusa throwing the WWF belt into the trash on Nitro was a huge moment for that war, so it stands to reason why they'd want to get her side.

Deuce

Reaction score
She might be apart of WWE Network, now THAT I don't mind but her as a full-time wrestler, I'd rather not see that.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
plain and simple......shes a crusty old hag who wants one more second in the limelight.nobody gives a hoot about the divas division and bringing back this ancient fossil so her great grandchildren can watch her wrestle aint the answer.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That would make more sense for her to only be contacted to do some interviews since WWE doesn't really bring back divas who are over the age of 40. So would be very surprised if she was brought in for wrestling purposes. Idk if she can still go in the ring I wouldn't really shut the door on it. Divas need something anything at this point.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Makes a lot of sense to interview her for the Monday Night Wars show. Good to see that this was what she was there for and not for a potential match. Would this be the first time that she has talked to WWE since she left in 95/96?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Just seems like nothi9ng more than an "all is forgiven" thing here.

Doubt we see more than an interview about it.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
People sure wanted to hate this return and yes it's unwarranted but my god if she just does interviews for the Network than there is nothing wrong with her coming in just to do that. Just like any old talent should have the right to do.