LOL...Apparently there was a PPV last night?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
No, Orton does it every night and has been for the past like 3-4+ months.

[yt]y9KYZaXVRrM[/yt]

roflroflrofl.

:lmmmao: I like how he mini-stalked him prior to the shitty delivery of the move.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
That looked better than any Orton's ever done. Harkened back to the DDP delivery, though not as good as his was, obviously.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Can't tell if you're trolling or not. If you are, you are terrible. If you aren't...:lmmmao:

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Orton's RKO is the shits. Apparently you're too blind/Blue (likely the latter) to note Orton jumps every time, taking away any effect and damage of a previously awesome move in the Diamond Cutter. Angle actually did the move right, therefore making it better. Not rocket science, my man. >_>

EDIT: The irony of you putting that laugh after every time you say something moronic makes me smile though. :eek::

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Orton's RKO is the shits. Apparently you're too blind/Blue (likely the latter) to note Orton jumps every time, taking away any effect and damage of a previously awesome move in the Diamond Cutter. Angle actually did the move right, therefore making it better. Not rocket science, my man. >_>

EDIT: The irony of you putting that laugh after every time you say something moronic makes me smile though. :eek::

Just because someone does a move before someone else doesn't make it the best. Jesus christ. Really? You think that Orton jumping is a bad thing? If anything, it makes the move look more impactful. DDP just looked like he sat down when doing the move. Sure made me cringe and not want to just lay down along with him...

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Didn't say anything about it being better 'cause of who did it first. In fact, I thought DDP did it better than Johnny Ace, who invented it.

As far as the execution goes, DDP taking ahold of someone's neck then driving their face into the ground at least looked like he was doing something. When Orton jumps, it makes the move A. look weak due to the fact that it's totally obvious anyone can simply push him away and counter it. And B. The wrestler taking it has to do as much work as Orton to take it. It's like someone saying the Canadian Destroyer's better than a real Piledriver. I don't like moves like that.

At least he doesn't do it one-armed though anymore, that was way way worse than how he does it now.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
[YT]y8DvqczvfGU[/YT]

IMO. In fairness to Orton they've booked the RKO to be more of an "Out of nowhere" move, so I guess that makes his version more suited to what WWE wants...as far as execution of the move goes, definitely the weakest version.

I like discussing which version's better anyway though, 'cause in the end the Cutter's probably my favorite move in wrestling.
;D

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Did you seriously say Orton doesn't grab his opponent's neck? What? That's laughable.

The fact that Orton jumps implies he adds force to the move when he's bringing you down. DDP's Cutter was basically just an overarm DDT. His variations are what made the Diamond Cutter look sick... especially when he reversed out of a move where he was generally (oh my God no WAY) in the air.

I personally preferred the variations of the Diamond Cutter more than I like the standard use of the RKO... but the RKO is a much cleaner move when the opponent sells it.

"But the opponent HAS to sell it to make it look good..."

That's all moves though...

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Dylan, go watch NOAH or other Japanese wrestling. Fag.

Reaction score
There's a big difference between the RKO and the Diamond Cutter and it's the main reason the move looked so damn awful for the first six years Orton used it; it really is all about the receiving worker's timing. I remember that was the main reason I hated Orton originally, because I loved the guy during the RNN updates and his "I'm 43 1/3% fully healed" stuff, but when he used it, it was like he was jumping with no approximation of where he should really be and 70% of the time his opponents had to feed themselves into the move. It made it look so terrible, he barely learned how to snug the move up a bit and time it better, making it look a little cleaner and crisper.And I don't think him jumping makes it look more forceful, it looks more contrived, if he were to front facelock them ala a Diamond Cutter and jump, then you'd have something nice, but I really don't buy it as a finisher the way he does it.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
[yt]BG0_bqKfhjM[/yt]

This owns so hard and he barely even does anything except grab Bourne's neck a half a second before he lands. Doesn't matter how it's done. Point blank, DDP couldn't pull this off. Orton's version is different and as you said, it's more of an "out of nowhere" that makes it badass.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
No, Orton does it every night and has been for the past like 3-4+ months.

[yt]y9KYZaXVRrM[/yt]

roflroflrofl.

Havent even noticed Orton doing it that often lol my bad.

And lmfao at the little mini stalk before it, I didn't realise thats what he done, thought you guys just meant he did the move not the whole Orton on the ground then hitting it thing lol.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
There's a big difference between the RKO and the Diamond Cutter and it's the main reason the move looked so damn awful for the first six years Orton used it; it really is all about the receiving worker's timing. I remember that was the main reason I hated Orton originally, because I loved the guy during the RNN updates and his "I'm 43 1/3% fully healed" stuff, but when he used it, it was like he was jumping with no approximation of where he should really be and 70% of the time his opponents had to feed themselves into the move. It made it look so terrible, he barely learned how to snug the move up a bit and time it better, making it look a little cleaner and crisper.And I don't think him jumping makes it look more forceful, it looks more contrived, if he were to front facelock them ala a Diamond Cutter and jump, then you'd have something nice, but I really don't buy it as a finisher the way he does it.

I've seen Blue variations of all moves though, and 9 times out of 10, it's due to the opponent not selling it.

I agree with you that the one arm version was pretty stupid, however, there were some people who knew how to initiate their end of the move and sold it perfectly.

He's reverted back to (not always though) not locking the neck before doing the move, but I blame that on the character they're using for him now... and like it or not, this variation of the RKO is going to get pops because it's "spontaneous". I say look at his true Voices era... when they were doing the psychotic thing... when he'd get Cena... he'd hold the neck and get a running start. When he got RVD, that was more brilliant than any Diamond Cutter I've ever seen. Some of the RKO's he got Triple H with were outright incredible. His RKO's on HBK were insane.

The Viper persona is kinda what killed his momentum with it looking great, but I've still seen him latch the neck and drop his opponent brilliantly. I've seen some Stunners FROM AUSTIN that looked atrocious too... but let's not blaspheme here... right?

seX-Power

Reaction score
is luke flywalker like an old member with a new name or something? who is that guy?