Lol, after Raw ended

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Yeah that couldnt have been done on Raw....
Again, he had already had his match with Ziggler for the title booked weeks before this. If he was gonna be on SD anyway that week to fulfill his match, and The View is hosted from NY (I'm pretty sure) and that's where SD was hosted from, it makes sense to have her there that week.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Again, he had already had his match with Ziggler for the title booked weeks before this. If he was gonna be on SD anyway that week to fulfill his match, and The View is hosted from NY (I'm pretty sure) and that's where SD was hosted from, it makes sense to have her there that week.

But the difference is, the WWE knew full well that the draft "takes effect" after Backlash, so the story could have been moved over to Raw VERY EASILY. Its just sloppy booking imo.

Airfixx

^^^It could just simply have been a case of:

WWE: "what night can you do"
CHATSHOW BINT: "I can't do Mondays"

Kayfabe doesn't apply to dark matches >_>

LOL...Try telling that to Kevin Nash (for example) who won his first WWF title in a dark match.

@ NBT: A side note to your argument.... These fans you mention, regardless of what they convinced themselves of having paid to see, the truth is they paid to see WWE RAW and not wrestler Z, Y or Z.

...And how many times have you seen notices along the lines of "Card is subject to change without obligation of prior notice"?

MikeRaw

But the difference is, the WWE knew full well that the draft "takes effect" after Backlash, so the story could have been moved over to Raw VERY EASILY. Its just sloppy booking imo.

So you're saying it doesn't make sense in an out of character sense then? Well who cares. Usually it's the other way around. This time, at least it makes sense kayfabe-wise. Besides, doing it on Monday's wouldn't be any better. Then Dolph Ziggler would have to go to Raw for one night after the draft, which would be the same problem, with a different guy. I think you're too wound up about it. So what? They said they were gonna have the draft in effect after Backlashh, and aside from one match, they have. For now at least, I'm sure there won't be anymore of it. But we all know WWE could end up in like 6 months back to the interpromotional stuff.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Well for dark matches I know they have broken draft. I've read a live report...some where else where Cena and Orton...and I think even Batista I'm not sure did a Dark Match at the MSG Smackdown. So I mean if not having to stick to storylines in Dark Matches they could bring over a SD or ECW star in the dark match.

Kaedon

Reaction score
So you're saying it doesn't make sense in an out of character sense then? Well who cares. Usually it's the other way around. This time, at least it makes sense kayfabe-wise. Besides, doing it on Monday's wouldn't be any better. Then Dolph Ziggler would have to go to Raw for one night after the draft, which would be the same problem, with a different guy. I think you're too wound up about it. So what? They said they were gonna have the draft in effect after Backlashh, and aside from one match, they have. For now at least, I'm sure there won't be anymore of it. But we all know WWE could end up in like 6 months back to the interpromotional stuff.

I am saying to doesnt make sense within the context of the story. If the WWE were DEAD SET on having MVP fight someone with whats her name in his corner, they could have just as easily done it on Raw.

MikeRaw

^Again, no. It makes more sense to have it on SD. The View is taped in New York, and Smackdown was in New York. If you're having someone come to one of your shows as part of a match/storyline, why would you make them travel to Raw, when Smackdown is just around the corner?

Travis40

^Again, no. It makes more sense to have it on SD. The View is taped in New York, and Smackdown was in New York. If you're having someone come to one of your shows as part of a match/storyline, why would you make them travel to Raw, when Smackdown is just around the corner?

That makes perfect sense, and I'm with MikeRaw on this one.

Kaedon

Reaction score
That makes perfect sense, and I'm with MikeRaw on this one.

Dont make me say it....:shifty:

It makes sense because its in NYC. But whats more important, to have the match in NYC or to have the draft be as credible as possible?

Airfixx

^^^Don't make me say it again.... :shifty:

It could just simply have been a case of:

WWE: "what night can you do"
CHATSHOW BINT: "I can't do Mondays"

MikeRaw

Dont make me say it....:shifty:

It makes sense because its in NYC. But whats more important, to have the match in NYC or to have the draft be as credible as possible?

This is getting sad, Kaedon, really.
First of all, kayfabe, that does nothing destroy the credibility of the draf. You may not like it, but kayfabe wise, as long as they explain it by saying the match was booked before hand, then it's all good. Besides, how would haing it on Raw help? Then Ziggler (SD guy) would have to "ruin the credibility" as well, by going to Raw. The only difference is, on Raw, it'd be more inconvinent for everyone involved AND it would draw more attention to what you call the "ruining of the credibility" with more people watching.

Kaedon

Reaction score
This is getting sad, Kaedon, really.
First of all, kayfabe, that does nothing destroy the credibility of the draf. You may not like it, but kayfabe wise, as long as they explain it by saying the match was booked before hand, then it's all good. Besides, how would haing it on Raw help? Then Ziggler (SD guy) would have to "ruin the credibility" as well, by going to Raw. The only difference is, on Raw, it'd be more inconvinent for everyone involved AND it would draw more attention to what you call the "ruining of the credibility" with more people watching.
As I said, Ziggler doesnt have to go to Raw, MVP could have done this angle with any heel on Raw. Heres what it boils down to, do you think long term, protect the logic of the storyline either the draft or an "injury" or do you just say "Ahh who cares, its only this one time" when in actuality, its not. Especially considering the WWE has been basically one brand since the beginning of the year.

Denny Crane

Reaction score
I think the exclusive brand rosters is a thing of the past. They should just have anybody they want on any show and this stuff wouldn't be a problem. They could easily keep wrestlers on one show without making it official. I think they just keep on doing it to make up the own competition since WCW went out of business and nobody else has stepped up to challenge them.

On the Cena thing, the WWE has been doing this for years. They need to give the paying fans at the show something more then just watching it at home. It's not their fault that this info gets on the internet. I think there is alot of people weeks ago bought these tickets to see John Cena and I'm glad the WWE didn't disappoint them because of a kayfabe injury.

MikeRaw

As I said, Ziggler doesnt have to go to Raw, MVP could have done this angle with any heel on Raw. Heres what it boils down to, do you think long term, protect the logic of the storyline either the draft or an "injury" or do you just say "Ahh who cares, its only this one time" when in actuality, its not. Especially considering the WWE has been basically one brand since the beginning of the year.

I would buy into that if for the past two weeks, except for that one thing, they had been fucking up the draft. But they haven't. Since the draft "took effect" MVP is the only guy to go on a show he wasn't supposed to, and that's out of 4 shows. They probably won't keep this up forever, and I'm betting by the time that the next Royal Rumble rolls around, it'll be back to how it was before, but you can't try to say that currently they're fucking it up. Ever since they've said it's "taken effect" only one guy, MVP, has appeared on the other show.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I would buy into that if for the past two weeks, except for that one thing, they had been fucking up the draft. But they haven't. Since the draft "took effect" MVP is the only guy to go on a show he wasn't supposed to, and that's out of 4 shows. They probably won't keep this up forever, and I'm betting by the time that the next Royal Rumble rolls around, it'll be back to how it was before, but you can't try to say that currently they're fucking it up. Ever since they've said it's "taken effect" only one guy, MVP, has appeared on the other show.

The week after the draft, before they announed the crap rule that the draft wont take place after backlash, there were people still on each show. And before that, BEFORE the draft "took effect" it was a free for all. Edge was on Raw and SD, HHH was on Raw, Batista and Ted Dibiasie (two RAW GUYS) were maining Smackdown. Its complete crap. A week or two of them ALMOST sticking too it doesnt make up for it.