Lol, after Raw ended

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

The week after the draft, before they announed the crap rule that the draft wont take place after backlash, there were people still on each show. And before that, BEFORE the draft "took effect" it was a free for all. Edge was on Raw and SD, HHH was on Raw, Batista and Ted Dibiasie (two RAW GUYS) were maining Smackdown.

Wrong. Technically, HHH was still a SD guy, because the draft didn't "take effect" until after Backlash, as we both acknowledged, therefore, during the show you're talking about, with HHH on it, HHH was still a SD guy.
Let me ask you this though... Would you have preffered that they had the draft take effect right when it happened, and then there could be no buildf up to the matches at Backlash? Now THAT would've been dumb. It would've been dumb, cause they would've had to start all new feuds, and only build them up for like, a week, before the PPV. Not to mention, the feuds that were going on wouldn't have had any logical ending. Why on earth would they stop all those feuds dead in their tracks, insetad of doing what they did, which is make up a viable excuse, that the kayfabe crowd will easily buy, and just have the draft take effect after Backlash?

Kaedon

Reaction score
Wrong. Technically, HHH was still a SD guy, because the draft didn't "take effect" until after Backlash, as we both acknowledged, therefore, during the show you're talking about, with HHH on it, HHH was still a SD guy.
So how is that wrong? A SMACKDOWN GUY was on RAW, the Smackdown CHAMPION in fact.

Let me ask you this though... Would you have preffered that they had the draft take effect right when it happened, and then there could be no buildf up to the matches at Backlash? Now THAT would've been dumb. It would've been dumb, cause they would've had to start all new feuds, and only build them up for like, a week, before the PPV. Not to mention, the feuds that were going on wouldn't have had any logical ending. Why on earth would they stop all those feuds dead in their tracks, insetad of doing what they did, which is make up a viable excuse, that the kayfabe crowd will easily buy, and just have the draft take effect after Backlash?

All of that could have been avoided had they planned to have the draft on a different day.

MikeRaw

So how is that wrong? A SMACKDOWN GUY was on RAW, the Smackdown CHAMPION in fact.

All of that could have been avoided had they planned to have the draft on a different day.

LOL! I said that a long time ago. Of course it could've been avoided if they had it after Backlash instead of before. But, you're acting as if because of that, they're stupid as hell. They covered for it perfectly. They realised they should have had the draft after Backlash, but since they had alrready done it, they put in a perfect cover story. How you can deny that is just odd.

Kaedon

Reaction score
LOL! I said that a long time ago. Of course it could've been avoided if they had it after Backlash instead of before. But, you're acting as if because of that, they're stupid as hell. They covered for it perfectly. They realised they should have had the draft after Backlash, but since they had alrready done it, they put in a perfect cover story. How you can deny that is just odd.

If that was the only time they were fucking with the roster split id agree, but up until Wrestlemania, anyone with a name was on any show they wanted to be on.

Reaction score
Wow, this is just going in circles. I just wanted to add one thing though. The WWE wants a 3 hour show for their draft, and since they are getting that extra hour, there's a good chance it's not entirely up to them. So that could explain why it was just randomly put 2 weeks before a ppv.

MikeRaw

If that was the only time they were fucking with the roster split id agree, but up until Wrestlemania, anyone with a name was on any show they wanted to be on.

Man, this is, as NBT said, going in circles. Now you're on a completely different subject. A second ago, you were bitching about them breaking the whoel draft thing since the draft. Now that you realise what was wrong about complainign about that, you're talking about pre-draft. Why don't we just go talk about 5 years ago as well :nonono: 5 years ago is just as irrevelvant to this debate as pre-draft is. If you're complaining about what they've done SINCE the draft, what happened before doesn't matter in this particular argument...

Kaedon

Reaction score
Man, this is, as NBT said, going in circles. Now you're on a completely different subject. A second ago, you were bitching about them breaking the whoel draft thing since the draft. Now that you realise what was wrong about complainign about that, you're talking about pre-draft. Why don't we just go talk about 5 years ago as well :nonono: 5 years ago is just as irrevelvant to this debate as pre-draft is. If you're complaining about what they've done SINCE the draft, what happened before doesn't matter in this particular argument...

I said that a while ago, they have been shitting on the roster split for a while. Just like with things like Cena being there on and wrestling a match AFTER Raw, its an inconsistency in the continuity of the story. What happened BEFORE the draft bears greatly on how I view it. If it was a one time thing, id say no biggie, but since its happened time and time again, its clear they dont give a shit about it.