Lol, after Raw ended

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

-- After RAW went off the air, Batista called out all three members of The Legacy. He said he'd take them on right now three on one, then said he lied and that he had found a partner. Cue John Cena's music. Legacy vs. Batista and Cena as the dark match main event. Orton goes for an RKO on Cena but he's able to counter and tag in Batista. Batista hits a powerbomb on Cody Rhodes while Cena gives an FU to Ted DiBiase. They cover for the win.

24wrestling.com
-----------------------

Wow. So, you get beat up in a LMS match, limp to the ring two weeks in a row, get beat up by a giant midway through last nights show, can't move, and then suddenly heel quickly enough to have a match and FU a guy for the win? Great booking :shifty:

Kaedon

Reaction score
WHAT THE FUCK EVER!!!!

Reaction score
Are people really upset about this? Cena is one of the most popular stars in the company, and I'm sure many of the fans that attended the show bought their tickets in hopes of getting to watch him perform. All they got out of him was coming out for a few minutes, not saying a word and getting beat down. So why not give them a 10 minute match after they go off the air?

MikeRaw

I was half tongue in cheek here, NBT. I know this happens all the time. It doesn't mean anything, because it wasn't on TV, but the little bit of seriousness I have about it is due to the fact that the people aren't braindead in the crowd. They remember him limping out and being beat to a pulp like 30 minutes before, lol.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Are people really upset about this? Cena is one of the most popular stars in the company, and I'm sure many of the fans that attended the show bought their tickets in hopes of getting to watch him perform. All they got out of him was coming out for a few minutes, not saying a word and getting beat down. So why not give them a 10 minute match after they go off the air?

Why would the fans want to suspend their disbelief if you shit all over their perception? Yes, the fans know its fake, but they cant and wont if you just dont even try. And within the context of the WWE, Cena shouldnt be able to wrestle.

Reaction score
Why would the fans want to suspend their disbelief if you shit all over their perception? Yes, the fans know its fake, but they cant and wont if you just dont even try. And within the context of the WWE, Cena shouldnt be able to wrestle.
I understand what you are saying, but at the most there was only 20,000 fans in attendance last night (I didn't hear how many there were but probably not even that many). So it's really not that many people. The whole point is they want to keep those paying fans happy. You have to think that when they bought their tickets, they thought they would get a chance to see Cena, Triple H and HBK wrestle. Since HBK and Triple H are out, they at least deserve to watch Cena wrestle. I can't speak for everyone, but I can say that if I had paid to go to a WWE event, I would be extremely happy that they put on that dark match and I got a chance to watch the top guy in the company wrestle, as opposed to watching him for 5 minutes do nothing except get beat down.

Ghostbusters420

Reaction score
I think its pretty stupid how they just broke kayfabe but anyways john cena shouldnt even be walking to begin with I mean wasnt he like electricutied(sp?) less than 2 weeks ago. WWE hasnt really sold his injury that much besides the fact that he takes an hour to get to the ring.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying, but at the most there was only 20,000 fans in attendance last night (I didn't hear how many there were but probably not even that many). So it's really not that many people. The whole point is they want to keep those paying fans happy. You have to think that when they bought their tickets, they thought they would get a chance to see Cena, Triple H and HBK wrestle. Since HBK and Triple H are out, they at least deserve to watch Cena wrestle. I can't speak for everyone, but I can say that if I had paid to go to a WWE event, I would be extremely happy that they put on that dark match and I got a chance to watch the top guy in the company wrestle, as opposed to watching him for 5 minutes do nothing except get beat down.

Yeah I get that, but 1, there are ways AROUND IT, like ship in a guy from SD since the draft really meant nothing and have THEM in a main event, have Orton take on Batista in a stip match, or if you HAVE TO have a tag match, give Batista a partner who isnt John Cena. And 2, you cant just cater to ONE TOWN. Your goal isnt just to do it night in and night out, its to have something that makes sense through and through. Even if, and this would never happen, but even if all 20,000 of those people got mad and never came back because they didnt get to see Cena, the WWE will have more to pick up the slack.

Reaction score
Yeah I get that, but 1, there are ways AROUND IT, like ship in a guy from SD since the draft really meant nothing and have THEM in a main event,
*sigh* How long are people going to keep saying this for? The draft became effective after Backlash, and they have made it very clear that they plan on sticking to it. With the exception of MVP appearing on SD!, which was for them to get the lady from the view to appear with him, they have stuck to the brand split so far. So until that changes, I really think we should stop with the brand split means nothing crap.

have Orton take on Batista in a stip match,
Let me ask you this. Why do you have a problem with them having Cena wrestle a match after he was injured during the show, but you are ok with them having a match that will be main eventing a ppv in two weeks, when they won’t mention that it ever happened on television and they will act like it never happened? If what happens on the dark match almost never effects what happens on the televised shows, why is Cena wrestling after he was supposed to be injured an issue?

or if you HAVE TO have a tag match, give Batista a partner who isnt John Cena.
John Cena is the top star of the company, and countless people paid to watch him wrestle. There isn’t anybody on Raw that could replace him, with the exception of Triple H and HBK, but since they are out of action right now, that would be no different than having Cena come out and wrestle.

And 2, you cant just cater to ONE TOWN. Your goal isnt just to do it night in and night out, its to have something that makes sense through through.
Why can’t they cater to one town? They do it all the time with house shows. Like I mentioned earlier, what happens in dark matches or at house shows never gets mentioned on televised events. If you have ever been to a house show or even read the results to a house show, you know that most of the matches that you see on ppv have already happened 15 times at house shows all around the country. Yet it’s never brought up or added into the storyline. The point is, they do what they can to please the people that paid to come watch their show that night, and that usually means having the crowd go home happy.

and Even if, and this would never happen, but even if all 20,000 of those people got mad and never came back because they didnt get to see Cena, the WWE will have more to pick up the slack.
You’re kind of contradicting yourself now don’t you think? I said that it’s only 20,000 people who were at the event that know that Cena came out and wrestled after he was injured during the show, but you said it didn’t matter because they need to stick to the storyline. Now you’re saying it’s only 20,000 people so it doesn’t matter if they aren’t happy about what happens. So I ask again, if it’s ONLY 20,000 fans, why would it matter if they don’t stick to the storyline for one match?

Kaedon

Reaction score
*sigh* How long are people going to keep saying this for? The draft became effective after Backlash, and they have made it very clear that they plan on sticking to it. With the exception of MVP appearing on SD!, which was for them to get the lady from the view to appear with him, they have stuck to the brand split so far. So until that changes, I really think we should stop with the brand split means nothing crap.

Then why was MVP on Smackdown AFTER Backlash?

Let me ask you this. Why do you have a problem with them having Cena wrestle a match after he was injured during the show, but you are ok with them having a match that will be main eventing a ppv in two weeks, when they won’t mention that it ever happened on television and they will act like it never happened? If what happens on the dark match almost never effects what happens on the televised shows, why is Cena wrestling after he was supposed to be injured an issue?

Because having them do that is LESS stupid than breaking kayfabe with Cena.

John Cena is the top star of the company, and countless people paid to watch him wrestle. There isn’t anybody on Raw that could replace him, with the exception of Triple H and HBK, but since they are out of action right now, that would be no different than having Cena come out and wrestle. Why can’t they cater to one town? They do it all the time with house shows. Like I mentioned earlier, what happens in dark matches or at house shows never gets mentioned on televised events. If you have ever been to a house show or even read the results to a house show, you know that most of the matches that you see on ppv have already happened 15 times at house shows all around the country. Yet it’s never brought up or added into the storyline. The point is, they do what they can to please the people that paid to come watch their show that night, and that usually means having the crowd go home happy.

Wrestlers who are selling injuries miss house shows all the time, so youre point is moot.

You’re kind of contradicting yourself now don’t you think? I said that it’s only 20,000 people who were at the event that know that Cena came out and wrestled after he was injured during the show, but you said it didn’t matter because they need to stick to the storyline. Now you’re saying it’s only 20,000 people so it doesn’t matter if they aren’t happy about what happens. So I ask again, if it’s ONLY 20,000 fans, why would it matter if they don’t stick to the storyline for one match?

Because the story is more important than the fans. Know why? Because the story, *HOPEFULLY* will draw in more fans. So if a few fans get cheesed, TS to them. Especially if the fans think, because of THE STORY that he's injured and therefore wont be there. The fact that he was on TV at all was shitting on the fans, let alone this. What, are you going to tell me, "Hey, we know Spiderman sticks to a wall, but from now on he's gonna magically fly"?

Vandy316

Reaction score
i guess he is not Superman anymore but really Wolverine with his heeling powers.

They shouldve left him backstage especially since Vickie just said on monday that he was out 2 weeks at least before the doctor would clear him

Reaction score
Then why was MVP on Smackdown AFTER Backlash?
It was already explained that the match was made before Backlash, so it was the one exception. In reality it was done so that they could get the lady from the View to be in MVP’s corner.

Because having them do that is LESS stupid than breaking kayfabe with Cena.
lol How is it LESS stupid? So it’s less stupid if Orton and Batista wrestle 15 times before their match on PPV, but the WWE won’t acknowledge it? I’m not sure I follow how that’s less stupid.

Also, how do we know that Cena broke kayfabe? I didn’t see anywhere in the report that said Cena didn’t sell his injuries during the match. If he did sell his injuries, then this entire argument should come to an end.

Wrestlers who are selling injuries miss house shows all the time, so youre point is moot.
There's a few differences. First off, in this case they already have two of their biggest stars out, so it’s much more crucial for them to get Cena a match as opposed to if Triple H or HBK wrestled on the card. The second difference is that in Triple H’s case for instance, he’s off TV selling his injuries. Also when someone is off TV selling an injury, in reality they are usually taking time off so they aren’t traveling with the company. Cena is still on TV, he’s just selling his injuries by acting as if he’s in a lot of pain. Again, if he sold his injuries during the match, then I see no big deal.

Because the story is more important than the fans. Know why? Because the story, *HOPEFULLY* will draw in more fans. So if a few fans get cheesed, TS to them.
Nothing is more important than the fans. Sure the story might draw people into buying the ppv to see Cena get his revenge on the Big Show, but the fans coming to the live event paid to watch Cena wrestle, so it’s only fair that they get to see that. If they don't get what they paid for, you risk having them not come back the next time it comes to their city.

The fact that he was on TV at all was shitting on the fans, let alone this. What, are you going to tell me, "Hey, we know Spiderman sticks to a wall, but from now on he's gonna magically fly"?
The fact that he was on TV is just smart business. You have two of your top stars taking time off, so it would be silly for them to keep their biggest draw off the show as well. On TV all he has done is sold his injury in the last two weeks. He could hardly stand the first night and cost the Big Show his match without actually getting involved, and this week he got beat down which hypes up their ppv match that much more. It’s a win all around. It plays right into Cena’s character that he has a huge heart and won’t stay down, it makes the Big Show look like an even bigger ass that he attacked someone that was already injured, it helps hype up their match on ppv, and most importantly it keeps the top draw on TV while two of their biggest stars are taking time off.

MikeRaw

I've already made my thoughts on this whole thing, and I agree with Kaedon on that, but I have to agree with NBT on the other part. Kaedon, what aren't you getting about the draft thing? People are being wayyyy to hard on WWE about that whole thing. Yes, it was stupid that they held the draft in mid April if it didn't take effect til May, but really, it's been explained well. They've said numerous times that it wouldn't take effect until last week, and so far, they've stuck to it. The only exception was MVP on SD, and that was explained, kayfabe wise, because he had already booked his title match for that week. Fuck, it's not that hard to grasp.

Kaedon

Reaction score
It was already explained that the match was made before Backlash, so it was the one exception. In reality it was done so that they could get the lady from the View to be in MVP’s corner.

Yeah that couldnt have been done on Raw....

lol How is it LESS stupid? So it’s less stupid if Orton and Batista wrestle 15 times before their match on PPV, but the WWE won’t acknowledge it? I’m not sure I follow how that’s less stupid.

Because we see wrestlers fight up until the week before a PPV at times and it has no bearing on the match or the feud. However if Randy Orton comes out next week in a dress and has a gay gimmick, ITS GOING AGAINST THE LOGIC OF THE STORY just like Cena did.

Also, how do we know that Cena broke kayfabe? I didn’t see anywhere in the report that said Cena didn’t sell his injuries during the match. If he did sell his injuries, then this entire argument should come to an end.

Because he shouldnt have been walking, let along wrestling.

There's a few differences. First off, in this case they already have two of their biggest stars out, so it’s much more crucial for them to get Cena a match as opposed to if Triple H or HBK wrestled on the card. The second difference is that in Triple H’s case for instance, he’s off TV selling his injuries. Also when someone is off TV selling an injury, in reality they are usually taking time off so they aren’t traveling with the company. Cena is still on TV, he’s just selling his injuries by acting as if he’s in a lot of pain. Again, if he sold his injuries during the match, then I see no big deal.

Yeah selling your pain by living in a grey area is a lot more definable and tangible than him just not being there in the first place. If he wasnt there, we wouldnt be having this discussion.

Nothing is more important than the fans. Sure the story might draw people into buying the ppv to see Cena get his revenge on the Big Show, but the fans coming to the live event paid to watch Cena wrestle so it’s only fair that they get to see that. If they don't get what they paid for, you risk having them not come back the next time it comes to their city.
NOT IF HE WASNT ADVERTISED TO BEGIN WITH, WHICH IS HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN!!!

The fact that he was on TV is just smart business.
Yeah, for short term business. The business doesnt end with THAT DAY. The long term is what matters.

You have two of your top stars taking time off, so it would be silly for them to keep their biggest draw off the show as well.
HHH took a kick to the head and an RKO, and Cena damn near gets killed, WHO IS THE GUY WHO SHOULD BE WALKING AROUND!?