Live WWE WrestleMania Discussion Thread - Saturday April 1st & Sunday April 2nd 2023

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Cody/Roman and Rey/Dom have been excellent imo

Everything else has good with the exception of Bianca/Asuka and Brock/Omos
Rhea charlotte has not been good either imo but Rhea is over enough to carry both atm

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Rhea charlotte has been good lol. Y’all need your eyes and ears checked. Charlotte is playing the veteran who still has a lot left in the tank and Rhea is the young next big thing who needs to beat charlotte to cement herself as such. The Dominik promo against Rhea was amazing. The brawl between the two was amazing. All their promos either solo or together have said the right things.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'm allowed to think something is mediocre, in comparison to other builds without being told to "check my eyes and ears". The women's builds have been subpar to me in comparison to the men. full stop

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'm allowed to think something is mediocre, in comparison to other builds without being told to "check my eyes and ears". The women's builds have been subpar to me in comparison to the men. full stop
Idk it feels like you’re hating for the sake of hating. What’s been wrong with the feud or what have they not done that you would’ve liked to have seen?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
how am I hating for the sake of hating when I praised other builds? The build has been poor for a multitude of reasons for me, the primary one being the alignments make no sense. Charlotte is a horrible face and people want to cheer Rhea, who is a heel. That's one problem. yes they had a brawl and some promos but they feel forced and inorganic as well as rushed. it's compounded by the fact Rhea is involved in two stories and has to essentially switch characters between both stories. It could have been a much richer and better built feud. that's my opinion, no hate about it nor does it require a defense or counter points, as again, it's simply how I personally feel about it. It's better than Asuka Bianca, but that's a low fucking bar to clear

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Did anyone else get really heelish vibes from Charlotte's last promo specifically? It made me think they're gonna do some double turn somehow which would be the easiest of all time with these two, but after Mania I wonder how that would affect Judgment Day since they're still very much heel and losing Rhea might not be good for them

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The Rhea Charlotte build has been mediocre but it’s got a solid backstory with their previous mania meeting. People don’t want to cheer Charlotte at all and it’s tough when she’s going against a cool heel like Rhea. But imo it’s the best they can do without removing Rhea from the Judgement Day story and that would just be an awful idea. But their heat from 3 years ago is still enough to make it an interesting matchup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sabretooth

Reaction score
how am I hating for the sake of hating when I praised other builds? The build has been poor for a multitude of reasons for me, the primary one being the alignments make no sense. Charlotte is a horrible face and people want to cheer Rhea, who is a heel. That's one problem. yes they had a brawl and some promos but they feel forced and inorganic as well as rushed. it's compounded by the fact Rhea is involved in two stories and has to essentially switch characters between both stories. It could have been a much richer and better built feud. that's my opinion, no hate about it nor does it require a defense or counter points, as again, it's simply how I personally feel about it. It's better than Asuka Bianca, but that's a low fucking bar to clear
Judgment is Day is clearly a heel faction. If you want to split her up from them and turn her face then okay but I think I that’s a really bad idea. Charlotte has been getting good reactions as a face so I don’t think it’s that big of an issue. And if Rhea is working two storylines then good for her. Shows how versatile she is.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
This is definitely true the Rhea build is not as good as the Bloodline or Dom/Rey feud. But both had the benefit of years worth of build. Charlotte/Rhea has had a month.

Also, Rhea/Charlotte seems the basic "I won the royal Rumble so I'm gonna fight the champ" feud. They brought up their history to try and beef it up,but it is still a short-term feud. The brawl they had really helped a lot for me.

if we were gonna rank the builds it'd be in the middle (I may be omitting a match not sure):
  1. Bloodline/Sami/KO
  2. Roman/Cody
  3. Dom/Rey
  4. Drew/Sheamus/Gunther
  5. Logan/Rollins
  6. Rhea/Charlotte
  7. Theory/Cena
  8. Asuka/Bianca
  9. Mens Tag
  10. Women's Tag

Hardly a bad place to be when you got 2 all-time stories happening at the same time.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The Rhea Charlotte build has been mediocre but it’s got a solid backstory with their previous mania meeting. People don’t want to cheer Charlotte at all and it’s tough when she’s going against a cool heel like Rhea. But imo it’s the best they can do without removing Rhea from the Judgement Day story and that would just be an awful idea. But their heat from 3 years ago is still enough to make it an interesting matchup.

I agree with this too, match is still interesting and the history backing it up is good. They just been lazy to make it interesting beyond that, in my humble opinion

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Did anyone else get really heelish vibes from Charlotte's last promo specifically? It made me think they're gonna do some double turn somehow which would be the easiest of all time with these two, but after Mania I wonder how that would affect Judgment Day since they're still very much heel and losing Rhea might not be good for them

It’d be easy if they win cuz she’d be on SD and there is talk of them adding people so Rhea could be the leader of the cool JD on SD and heel heat magnet JD can be ok Raw

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I’m thinking Judgment Day either breaks up or turns tweener/babyface after Mania. The problem is Dom is like one of the top heels in the company while Rhea is almost a face so that’s an issue

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
This is definitely true the Rhea build is not as good as the Bloodline or Dom/Rey feud. But both had the benefit of years worth of build. Charlotte/Rhea has had a month.

Also, Rhea/Charlotte seems the basic "I won the royal Rumble so I'm gonna fight the champ" feud. They brought up their history to try and beef it up,but it is still a short-term feud. The brawl they had really helped a lot for me.

if we were gonna rank the builds it'd be in the middle (I may be omitting a match not sure):
  1. Bloodline/Sami/KO
  2. Roman/Cody
  3. Dom/Rey
  4. Drew/Sheamus/Gunther
  5. Logan/Rollins
  6. Rhea/Charlotte
  7. Theory/Cena
  8. Asuka/Bianca
  9. Mens Tag
  10. Women's Tag

Hardly a bad place to be when you got 2 all-time stories happening at the same time.
6th is bad when a world title is on the line, disagree

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Judgement Day will break up if Dom and Finn lose imo. Idk how likely that is though.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I agree with this too, match is still interesting and the history backing it up is good. They just been lazy to make it interesting beyond that, in my humble opinion

I don’t think it’s lazy I think it’s just to many moving parts outside that storyline