Live SummerSlam Discussion Thread - Saturday August 3rd 2024

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Correction, he's guest commentating the Japanese broadcast

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Saw the first tweet last night but both of them have been scrubbed :hmm:

Reactions: Chris

Jacob Fatu

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Could call it like the I.C title is on RAW. The workhorse title U.S should be on L.A Knight he's not getting any younger is as over as all the top guys.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
20240718_SSlam_SamiBron_FC_date--e46f492e51ce9bbff649ae2cb6127776.jpg

CM Punk vs. Drew McIntyre (With Special Guest Referee Seth "Freakin" Rollins)​

At SummerSlam, CM Punk will finally go one-on-one with Drew McIntyre with Seth “Freakin” Rollins stepping in as Special Guest Referee.

When Punk returned to WWE, neither McIntyre nor Rollins were happy about it. And when Punk got injured in the 2024 Royal Rumble Match, McIntyre stated that he prayed for it to happen and mercilessly mocked The Second City Saint for being out of action. His actions, however, would have consequences.

At WrestleMania XL, Punk was at ringside as a guest commentator for McIntyre’s World Heavyweight Championship Match against Rollins. After Drew won the title, a post-match confrontation between him and Punk helped limit McIntyre’s reign to mere minutes as it directly paved the way for Damian Priest to cash in his Money in the Bank contract and defeat McIntyre to become the new World Heavyweight Champion.

Punk struck again when he cost McIntyre a title opportunity the following Monday night in a No. 1 Contender’s Match on Raw and also interfered in McIntyre's World Heavyweight Title Match against Priest at WWE Clash at the Castle.

An irate McIntyre fired back by pretending to quit WWE, then unleashing a brutal beatdown of Punk on SmackDown, stealing a bracelet that represented Punk’s love for his wife and dog in the process.

McIntyre won the Money in the Bank Ladder Match and inserted himself into the World Heavyweight Title Match between Priest and Rollins on the same night, only to have Punk cost him the match one more time. Rollins was furious with Punk in the aftermath, believing that Punk's animosity toward McIntyre cost him a chance to win the championship.

With Punk finally medically cleared, who will emerge victorious in the highly anticipated match between The Second City Saint and The Scottish Warrior, with The Visionary stepping in as Special Guest Referee?

20240718_SSlam_SamiBron_FC_Date--ae95947dd14a7248b901e260fa27b148.jpg

Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn vs. Bron Breakker​

The Intercontinental Title will be on the line when Sami Zayn defends his championship against the dangerous Bron Breakker.

Since dethroning Gunther at WrestleMania XL, Zayn has not seen a more dangerous opponent than Breakker, who has terrorized Monday Night Raw since being drafted.

Zayn conquered Breakker at WWE Money in the Bank in Toronto, but The Badass didn’t relent in his attacks and has Speared the champion at every turn, compelling Zayn to once again put his title on the line.

Can Zayn prove that he’s the better Superstar, or will Breakker capture his first gold since joining the main roster?​

Jacob Fatu

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
I think there could be three title changes at summerslam or two at least. Rhea beating Liv is where it should happen, Damien Priest losing to Gunther would help him and get away from Judgement Day as now Rhea is back she's the real leader and turn him face. Other would be Bron Breakker beating Sami Zayn now would be the ideal time to let bron get elevated to the next level as workhorse champ .

L.A Knight Hunter should put the U.S title on Knight he's the most over face bar Cody and let him have the title. In my humble opinion he is great in the ring, got a great look and has the best promo in WWE by a mile. If I could see him being elevated gives fans of his a slim chance he could be the man to win the rumble if he went to RAW as he's top draw and Him calling Logan a Edge Lord was funny AF. Had to ask the missus and she went into giggles , I didn't know what it meant I do now haha.

So C.M.Punk is cleared that's good . This will be the match if the night I think the personal chemistry between is so damn good and drew has took the ball and scored a goal with his new heel gimmick. It's been so refreshing to see him in this form. We know punk isn't at 100% but he can still go and against a nasty bitter man who cost him the title twice. Obviously Rollins is Referee.

I think Roman might be taking it easy after having leukemia a few years ago but he could be taking it easy why he didn't need to defend the U.C title as much due this fact. But the pop he will get if he does come back and stop Solo who will be about to spike Cody get distracted and lose blaming Roman. The chants are getting louder each week Roman! Roman!

Then we get the build up to Survivor Series. It's the most I've invested in WWE since the Attitude Era and Hunter's been booking really good since he took over as he knows he's been to the top and had some sound matches.

Team Bloodline Roman, Jey, Jimmy and maybe Jacob? V Bloodline II The Rock, Solo, Tama Tonga and Tonga Loa at survivor series? Jey said on gorilla position podcast he would be on team Roman due to being elevated by Roman when this started. He's so down to earth Jey. Like him a lot in his singles run too.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Thay's pretty cool, I'd like to watch try outs.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I’m not crazy about Seth being guest referee but I understand it’s part of the angle they’re going for. Regardless, it should be a stellar match with some fun shenanigans no doubt.

I would’ve loved if Ilja got added to the Ic title match, fingers crossed since there’s still time for him to get added but until then Bron and Sami should be killer again.

Reactions: Jacob Fatu

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm sure Seth will wear the prettiest striped sun dress for his reffing duties.

• Haha

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Seth being the referee is the right call.

It was Seth and punk’s title match that McIntyre ruined when he injured punk in the first place. It was McIntyre, who wormed his way into that title match, rewarding himself for ruining that title match. McIntyre then defeated Seth for the title. Before being cashed in on by priest. It was Seth’s chance to win his title back from Priest that McIntyre then cashed in his own money in the bank briefcase, ruining Seth‘s title aspirations. It was then punk who basically screwed both Seth and McIntyre by allowing priest to retain in that newly created triple threat following said cash-in.

Seth and punk are 100% being built up to the match they never got to take at wrestlemania and probably before we get there, McIntyre and Seth will have a rematch as well all, based off of whatever happens in this match, which I assume Seth is going to cause shenanigans. It should be fun times.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Seth being the referee is the right call.

It was Seth and punk’s title match that McIntyre ruined when he injured punk in the first place. It was McIntyre, who wormed his way into that title match, rewarding himself for ruining that title match. McIntyre then defeated Seth for the title. Before being cashed in on by priest. It was Seth’s chance to win his title back from Priest that McIntyre then cashed in his own money in the bank briefcase, ruining Seth‘s title aspirations. It was then punk who basically screwed both Seth and McIntyre by allowing priest to retain in that newly created triple threat following said cash-in.

Seth and punk are 100% being built up to the match they never got to take at wrestlemania and probably before we get there, McIntyre and Seth will have a rematch as well all, based off of whatever happens in this match, which I assume Seth is going to cause shenanigans. It should be fun times.
It's probably gonna be the SummerSlam 97 ending all over again with Seth accidentally fucking over one of the guys because he loses his anger and begrudgingly lets the other go over.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I think we’re more likely to get a finish like the one at Summerslam 2011 with Punk and Cana and Triple H as ref.

Rollins doesnt like either one of them, so he’ll fuck with both of them and it will come off as unbiased. Punk hits the GTS, McIntyre gets his foot on the ropes but Rollins misses it.

Summerslam 97 worked cause it pivoted from Bret/Taker to Shawn/Taker. I don’t think this angle is going to pivot just yet. I think a blown call and the fact that nothing was proven leads to McIntyre/Punk HITC and then Rollins waits til Mania for his match with Punk