Live SummerSlam Discussion Thread - August 23rd

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Thanks for your input. I'm sorry you get upset when other people to don't like the same things as you do however.

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Thanks for your input. I'm sorry you get upset when other people to don't like the same things as you do however.

i've pretty much come to terms with it by now and some of you guys have helped me understand it.

but this feels like trolling.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

To be fair to Pat, it can get rather tiring when people do it over and over and over again.

They are plenty of people I don't like, but I try to be nice about it when I know they are fans of them here.

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Like, I would be happy with Ziggler getting the booking The Fiend is, that's all I'm saying. Like, you think you got it bad being a fan of his, but some of us got it way worse. I'm to the point of accepting it.

i don't think i have it bad, per se. i just think it sucks that he had to finish the ppv he got the belt with having everyone remember reigns' return, not him winning the belt... if that makes sense.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
i don't think i have it bad, per se. i just think it sucks that he had to finish the ppv he got the belt with having everyone remember reigns' return, not him winning the belt... if that makes sense.

Yeah, that makes some sense for sure, and it's gonna probably suck when Roman beats him for it. But maybe they actually will put the Fiend over him. If Roman does beat him, hopefully he beats Firefly Bray.

Reactions: Pat

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah, that makes some sense for sure, and it's gonna probably suck when Roman beats him for it. But maybe they actually will put the Fiend over him. If Roman does beat him, hopefully he beats Firefly Bray.

i'm cool with reigns winning the belt. i don't need fiend to be champion for me to enjoy him, but ya gotta protect the guy at the same time. let him lose the belt after holding it for a period.

ex: lesnar losing the belt doesn't make him look weak, it makes the other person look strong. just giving roman the belt a week after bray wins it feels like a half-bury.

bray has also been proven to put other people over. if you keep bray looking strong then it allows others to look stronger.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

Ace

Reaction score
0% chance Roman wins the belt at Payback. Bray wins it by pinning Braun, with Roman having the 'I didn't get pinned' line going into a long-term storyline.

The whole point of the Bray/Braun storyline was to get the belt back on Bray after the whole Roman leaving situation. The goal was always to have a big Bray/Roman storyline for the Universal belt.

That's why Bray lost it to Goldberg - to give the belt a bit of air while WWE waited for Roman to return. It all just makes logical sense.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I gotta say I sympathize with upset Fiend fans. He just can not look as strong as he needs to for a sustainable amount of time.

I mean, the booking last night was just pretty baffling when you break things down. Braun finally gets his run with the top belt and it's a totally forgottable four month reign capped off with him turning into a more evil version of himself, which would presumably be a more dangerous version of himself, but he loses to The Fiend in under 15 minutes in a match where Braun didn't come off particularly dangerous. So you've pretty much squandered Braun as a main eventer, but at least The Fiend looks extra credible, right? Eh, not so much because then he takes a spear from Roman which he sells for several minutes (which is the most bizarre part prolly) while Roman also demolishes Braun. Then Roman comes back in the ring and demolishes Fiend too. The post-match attack honestly kind of shattered any illusion that The Fiend is any kind of overpowered monster, which I guess there's divided opinions on whether or not he should be in the first place, but this guy comes across looking much weaker than The Fiend who was no-selling everything previously. Beyond that, it's just overkill to have Roman destroy the two guys who have been on top of Smackdown since WrestleMania, and I say that as someone who doesn't even like Braun OR The Fiend particularly well.

I think the obvious route to go was to have Roman maul Braun, who would have still been reeling from the two Sister Abigails, and then have him go for The Fiend, only for The Fiend to disappear as we've seen in the past. Let things burn slowly, with Roman dying to get his hands on The Fiend to take back the title he believes is his. Now we've already seen Roman standing tall over the guy, so there really isn't any mystery there as to whether or not Roman CAN beat him, it's just a matter of WHEN he's going to do it.

Ace

Reaction score
Yes I agree completely with your route Mr Peanutbutter.

The Fiend is a character that a) shouldn't be selling a spear that much, and b) is a master of disappearing and avoidance. This feud should involve The Fiend managing to avoid Roman, and maybe taking him by surprise once or twice. Building up to fans wanting to see Roman get his hands on the Fiend in a big title match.

I don't mind Braun taking the spear so much considering he's just lost a brutal match and was barely on his feet to start. But The Fiend's whole gimmick revolves around no-selling and mystique.

Ace

Reaction score
Even if you don't like the Fiend you want to keep him as strong as possible so Roman can go over him in a title fight and get big value out of it.

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Even if you don't like the Fiend you want to keep him as strong as possible so Roman can go over him in a title fight and get big value out of it.

And not just Roman. He can put over others as well and has demonstrated he’s willing to do so.

This is why the Goldberg loss was extra maddening. Why did they make Bray put over a shriveled up old man who wrestles two matches a year rather than someone up and coming?

Something I’ve also been thinking about is how they had Funhouse Bray face Braun at MITB, likely as a way to protect Fiend. I hope WWE stays dedicated to that.

Ace

Reaction score
The problem with Funhouse Bray is you just know that he is always going to lose. It's going to ruin the vibe and feel cheap sooner rather than later.

But yeah, I don't actually like the Fiend putting people over much because of the nature of the character. Needs Undertaker-esque booking so the times when he does lose it feels massive.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The problem with Funhouse Bray is you just know that he is always going to lose. It's going to ruin the vibe and feel cheap sooner rather than later.

But yeah, I don't actually like the Fiend putting people over much because of the nature of the character. Needs Undertaker-esque booking so the times when he does lose it feels massive.

Funhouse Bray is 1-1 so far tbf isn't he? A win against Miz and loss against Braun

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well that’s the problem when you have two monsters face each other: it’s a no win situation. One of them is gonna look weak by losing and in this case it was Braun. I mean an evil Braun strowman should be a huge asset cause he’s such an imposing force as it is but he already lost to the Fiend so now what? Now that Roman is back I can’t imagine he’s not winning the universal title soon so where does Fiend and Braun go from here?