Live Royal Rumble Discussion Thread - Saturday 29th January

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Not sure using your mum or brother, who you live with and therefore are influenced by your own views proves anything. If I asked my young sister, to name a wrestler - she is probably going to say Tanahashi or Okada. A "casual fan" is someone who casually watches the product - not someone who hides underneath the floorboards waiting for The Rock to make a return.
I'm not gonna argue with you. You're now straight up insulting me.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Roman & Seth will be the only match I'm likely to rewatch from the event. Maybe Brock vs Lashley too. Seth in Shield gear was tight, and I really loved the mind games. I'm in the boat that enjoyed the finish too, with the call-back to the chair shot to back. I thought overall it was good, nice drama. I just wish the rest of the event had followed that quality. The other title match was a good sprint, some nice looking suplexes. I'm glad The All Mighty is top dog on RAW again.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I thought it was a truly awful show lol. It peaked in the first 5 minutes and just kept going downhill. Lashley vs Lesnar sucked, there was zero explosiveness from either. The women's rumble was legit one of the worst fucking matches I've ever seen. Ending of reigns/rollins was shite and ruined the entire match, not even like they are setting up for a mania match so fucking pointless, they're just extending it so reigns can beat him in saudi arabia. Becky vs Doudrop was middling. Miz/Maryse v Edge/Beth went on too long. I nodded off through most of the mens rumble so I'll have to rewatch but when brock lost the title it was incredibly predictable and it looked like the rumble itself didn't feature a single cool surprise (I guess the return of drew could be considered). Just a truly trash show, first one I've watched since summerslam as well. Shame how just unwatchable the product is atm

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
That Rumble isn't hitting me like 2015, there were parts I liked but I would not watch it again. That does make me sad. The final portions of it just felt super rushed. Should have been guys like Styles, Theory and whatnot imo.

Orton getting tossed out super quickly in his hometown. :pour

Shane having a late entrant just felt weird as hell too, like he's a fine surprise entrant and all. Just should have been at the start. It's kinda funny Bad Bunny was a highlight, he surprised me once again. Destroyer was pretty nice. As much as I like Brock, this feels like one of the most all-time unnecessary wins. Not only is he a free agent, but he didn't even need the Rumble win to face Roman. He already should have had the match at Day 1 & Roman played a part in him losing earlier in the night. You could have EASILY set up that match without having Brock be in the Rumble. He doesn't need to look strong. I would have had a fresh winner that faces Lashley at Mannia. Just decisions like that are a total headscratcher.
Exactly. Like Brock isn’t stuck on one show, so not like he has to win to jump shows or anything. Just have him attack Roman and go from there, maybe he has to win at the Chamber like others said to get the Mania title shot. But nope :bosque

Reactions: Marty McFourth

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I read it. There is no insult.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I read it. There is no insult.
You obviously didn't read.
Let's go one by one... okay? I have to point it out for you, right?
Not sure using your mum or brother, who you live with and therefore are influenced by your own views proves anything.
First of all... I DID NOT influence their decisions. It's who they know!

I don't appreciate you putting words into my mouth.
If I asked my young sister, to name a wrestler - she is probably going to say Tanahashi or Okada.
That's one in a million. Not a lot of people will have access to indies. I'm talking about accessible wrestling. WWE is on TV, AEW is on TV, to a lower extent, ROH is on TV. Most people have access to WWE, and AEW. Streaming is not accessible like TV, where everyone sees the same product. Streaming currently is at infancy, where its silo'ed off.
A "casual fan" is someone who casually watches the product - not someone who hides underneath the floorboards waiting for The Rock to make a return.
First of all, I don't need you to explain the definition of it. That's your first insult, I'm not dumb. Call of Duty for example attracts the casual crowd. People come home from work, turns their minds off and enjoy a quick session of Call of Duty. WWE currently does not reach this kind of market. People like you assumed i and my family do - which you insulted as people who come out of floorboards to see The Rock make a return.

They're casuals. End of story, no need for knee-jerk comments.

Last edited:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
So literally no insults

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
It might have came off as an insult to you, but I don’t think that’s what Juice was aiming for there. Trust me when I say, she’s being nice there. I’ve seen her be not so nice, and that’s not even close to it.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Also saying the internet and streaming isn't accessible? Its 2022.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So Juice you don't think WWE needs to do better in building mainstream stars?