Raw Live Raw discussion thread, September 23rd 2024: Bron Breakker defends IC Title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King Cobra

Reaction score
Hopefully they feed Jey Uso to Bronson Reed, then we get Bronson to feud with Gunther at Wrestlemania.

The new Goldberg, yeah. Who's next !

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
YEET my boy became IC title . Bout damn time Jey won a singles title. Then the crowd went wild .

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Yeah I’m sure Hunter did this cause of Rikishi :lol

Hey, big Kish helped HHH out by running Stone Cold over even though he blamed The Rock, this was his favor, 24 years later.

BillyBob42

Reaction score
I wouldn't even be surprised if Judgment Day still cost Jey soon and Bron wins it back tbh it could have been more for that moment last night than anything bc Jey still has a ceiling
What ceiling?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah like I said Bron is 26. He still has over a decade (maybe 2) in this business to get over. Jey went from a tag champ to a main event singles star. He doesn’t have much more time to win a title before people say he can’t win the big one.

This was the right call.

BookerMan815

Reaction score
Sabretooth,

I wholeheartedly respect your opinion, and yet at the same time I also wholeheartedly disagree with it.

Jey Uso is a fine mid-card competitor but he was the wrong choice for one single reason: Bron Breakker just got his knees cut out from underneath him.

"Yeah like I said Bron is 26. He still has over a decade (maybe 2) in this business to get over. "

Your comment misses the point somewhat: He already was over. He was being built as a monster heel who ran through Sami Zayn and others to get to the Intercontinental Championship.

They should have continued building him through to Wrestlemania, still having Jey chase him, and then let Jay have his conquering moment on the big stage. In that scenario, everyone would have won. In this case, no one does.

Jay parades around the IC title, continues "yeeting" (pushing it past all relevance and excitement in the fans' eyes), and quickly fades away as a drawing champion in a year or two. Meanwhile, Bron is reset back to 0, having to re-establish his monster-heel stance all over again.

Horrible booking in my opinion.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Gonna need AEW to have another honeymoon phase at this rate since HHH's is obviously over, realizing I actually like echo chambers today I think

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Also everything really doesn't need to be dragged out until WrestleMania

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The one thing I'd have changed in hindsight is not giving Sami the win over Bron first and had his reign start at MITB instead, but I even thought that was good at the time bc it showed Bron was dominant and better than everyone but he loses when he doesn't take the opponent seriously which is actually exactly what happened with Jey. It's subtle so could be a coincidence but with Jey and Sami being intertwined themselves I actually think it could have been intentional, but at the same time, I can def see Jey winning being a last minute change too

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
The one thing I'd have changed in hindsight is not giving Sami the win over Bron first and had his reign start at MITB instead, but I even thought that was good at the time bc it showed Bron was dominant and better than everyone but he loses when he doesn't take the opponent seriously which is actually exactly what happened with Jey. It's subtle so could be a coincidence but with Jey and Sami being intertwined themselves I actually think it could have been intentional, but at the same time, I can def see Jey winning being a last minute change too
Was just about to say this when I finished reading everything, and see that you beat me to it. He lost to Sami, because he didn’t take him seriously that first time, the next time he did and beat him. Then last night, same thing. He has the match won and refused to win when he could’ve, and it cost him. I saw someone mention that he did it with Dolph back in NXT that time also. So it’s just a character flaw Bron has, that could be something they eventually have him acknowledge that he needs to take every single opponent serious, no matter who they are.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
They kind of did acknowledge it with Sami pretty hard as the reason why he lost, but it just depends if they really make it a thing or if this was just the way they book his losses naturally. He was very protected tho, I point back to the last near fall before the finish, he was up within seconds after kicking out and Jey was still dead despite hitting the moves

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Gonna need AEW to have another honeymoon phase at this rate since HHH's is obviously over, realizing I actually like echo chambers today I think
when the resident wwe hater and aew nuthugger (yours truly) says this is good shit , its a good day on the iwc methinks. would be great if aew could get another honeymoon phase. I think it may happen when kenny comes back because everyone loves that dude. except Barry but he's a bit of a butt

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I think they may have been protecting Sami too and giving him an even bigger push by showing that he can truly overcome any underdog situation. No one expected him to beat Gunther but he did. No one expected him to beat Bron Breakker but he did. Maybe we accept Sami ain’t so bad after all?