Live NXT October 1st 2024 Discussion Thread - NXT on CW Debut, live from Chicago

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I am guessing the punk stuff is because (i hope at least) he will feud with Ethan down the line. if not, ya it was just to get eyeballs on the product and it feels a lil bit hamfisted and inorganic

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Wes and Zach's match was a lot of fun, nice finish too with the chain.

I'm both pleased and surprised Fatal Influence won, I was really expecting Lola to pin Jacy.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
He's just French and that explains away like 90% of the posting style lol
So we went from "hating mumble rap is racist" to 9/10 French people post the same way uh?

:krillin2

As for @Bad News Booty and I blocking one another (I looked at ignored posts for once as I noticed you guys were talking about me), while I'll admit I was harsh about Scott Hall when he passed, I'd also like to remind you that you took several shots at me in various threads after that for a few weeks, which led to me blocking you, it wasn't because of the Scott Hall argument at all. Anyway I'll agree we're both better off that way.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
So we went from "hating mumble rap is racist" to 9/10 French people post the same way uh?

As for @Bad News Booty and I blocking one another (I looked at ignored posts for once as I noticed you guys were talking about me), while I'll admit I was harsh about Scott Hall when he passed, I'd also like to remind you that you took several shots at me in various threads after that for a few weeks, which led to me blocking you, it wasn't because of the Scott Hall argument at all. Anyway I'll agree we're both better off that way.
I have a few friends from France and you all have a certain way of putting things, it's imo just kind of part of the culture. I was also trying to make a funny to de-escalate - Remember, I went to a French Lycee

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
anyways, what was match of the night? did Giulia v Roxanne deliver?
I'd say Wes vs Zach as I just finished the main event but it was pretty good too. I still don't think Trick is main event material and he's mostly pushed because people chant "whoop that trick" but maybe I compare him to Melo too much.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah I got that, same thing here :rollins

Ok I'm curious to know what you mean by that now, no offense taken.
it's a broad strokes statement, but from my experience, the French have a tendency of being very direct about their opinion about looks etc without much thoughts into how it may be perceived. You guys tend to also be much more in tune with fashion and emphasize a lot of the ''look''. compared to america, at least.

but tl dr sometimes you guys can be insensitive and a bit macho

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
it's a broad strokes statement, but from my experience, the French have a tendency of being very direct about their opinion about looks etc without much thoughts into how it may be perceived. You guys tend to also be much more in tune with fashion and emphasize a lot of the ''look''. compared to america, at least.
Interesting, so you'd say American wrestling fans care less about wrestlers' looks than we do? Always got the impression it was the other way around or at the minimum on the same level.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Interesting, so you'd say American wrestling fans care less about wrestlers' looks than we do? Always got the impression it was the other way around or at the minimum on the same level.
I would not go that far - it was more of a comment on the french culture. American wrestling fans imo are very divided. You have old heads who is looks only. you have people who have only ever watched wwe who will say the larger than life trope is most important. then you have indie fans who prefer workrate. you have fans who like a mix of both. I do think North American wrestling as a whole is more progressive though, yes, and that looks is way less important than it was even 10 years ago.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I’ve never said I was innocent ever

I’m not looking to restart a war or make peace I was just explaining why.. I’m perfectly content with how things are

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
like for example a fan of tna and aew is likely to be a lot more forgiving of a persons look compared to a long standing wwe main roster watcher. i think that is fair.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I have an idea but have been slighly distracted. deadline is tuesday? ill have something way before that just gotta sit down and ponder

Yes technically but we’ve gotten 12 in already so if we get the other 6 in I’ll post the voting thread before I leave

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
like for example a fan of tna and aew is likely to be a lot more forgiving of a persons look compared to a long standing wwe main roster watcher. i think that is fair.
I see what you mean, but also I think it changes depending on your age and what you're looking for in the shows. I don't care about matches as much as I used to, there are people I completely skip nowadays (don't think I have seen a full Miz match in years), I'm even drifting away from AEW this year, I see WWE more like a series now and I care more about the way it looks and the stories than what happens in the matches unlike 15 years ago when I got into wrestling.