• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Live NXT No Mercy Discussion Thread - Saturday September 30th 2023

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION

Today I learned Tiffany was first trained by Greg Gagne... and she's already 100 times the wrestler he ever was

Dale

Super Moderator
Gonna watch this show 100% later but I honestly can't believe how many people are surprised that Bex won. Put all bias aside from either side and it would have been awful booking to give her a 3 week reign or whatever it's been.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I agree I said she should win the whole time until about 15 minutes into the match when Tiffany made me believe

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
This show certainly delivered, great matches all around, not a bad one imo. One of the best shows I’ve seen this year.

Melo/Ilja and Becky/Tiff both stole show. Also thought the tag match was a lot of fun.

Tyler2

Abap
Bron Breakker walking into No Mercy

1696183189582.png

Finishline

Drop the Mike
I'm so glad the fall is here for great weekends of football, but when it's a wrestling weekend, it makes it that much harder.

I've got 3 college football games I want to watch tonight around 7-11, in addition to No Mercy. With being in poor health, I've had more time to watch NXT and I am hooked for tonight's No Mercy.

And of course, we could record and watch something tomorrow, but that's church and the NFL day... AND WRESTLEDREAM! It'll be Tuesday right before NXT before I'm caught up on everything... and I'm sure a game or two will have to just fall by the wayside.

Here's my picks for tonight:

Blair Davenport def. Kelani Jordan -- I'm just not familiar with Kelani enough to give her the dub

Bron Breakker def. Baron Corbin -- I'm trying to see if I dig this heel Breakker yet. Feels like they're trying to avoid the Roman Reigns mistake from 2014-2020 by turning him this early... but there's no way Corbin beats Breakker. And since it's a regular contested match, I wouldn't be shocked at a no contest of Breakker spearing Corbin into oblivion.

Noam Dar def. Butch for the Heritage Cup -- I'm cheering for the opposite, and I hate the Meta Four ripping the Toxic Lounge. Butch is here for viewership from the main roster fans, and for Dar to pick up a big win.

Tony D'Angelo and Stacks retain the NXT Tag Titles -- We don't usually see titles change hands in 4-ways and this early into their title reign. There's still legs to this title run, but I'm hoping Angel/Humberto show they're worthy of more TV time and Scrpyts' new tag team has a chance to shine as well.

Dom retains against Trick -- Okay, ONE or TWO things could happen. Dragon Lee is getting called up soon, either Raw or SmackDown. Dragon Lee could cost Dom the title, setting up a main roster feud between Dom and Dragon Lee. This gives Trick a title and something to do until he inevitably challenges Melo for the NXT Championship... but most likely with 8/10 special guest ref matches, something happens to incapacitate the guest referee until a real official comes down to count the 3 in a "swerve." I'll take Dom winning.

Becky retains against Tiffany Stratton - I'm back and forth on this one too. It would be big for Stratton to beat Becky Lynch, but then they have to figure out a way to get the title off Stratton while making her look strong. I'm taking Becky for two reasons. A, Stratton should be getting a call up soon-ish. B, Becky's open challenges on Raw is acting like a mid-card title for the women's division and her title status is boosting NXT ratings. Give it to The Man.

Melo beats Ilja -- Every time I think Melo loses it, he somehow retains it. Dragunov could and should be champion by now, but I don't believe he'll get that opportunity. He might benefit more from getting to Raw and challenging Gunther. Melo probably holds this (at least) until the next Stand & Deliver on Mania weekend against Trick, or they might let him hold the title a little longer to break Adam Cole's record of 396 days.
Just wanted to follow up on this... 4-3 on my picks for No Mercy.

But I completely got swerved by the Extreme Rules match main eventing. I was convinced Jade Cargill was showing up at the end, and with the NXT Title match not main eventing, they wouldn't change hands.

But DANG! Both co-main events absolutely KILLED IT! It was a very enjoyable episode.

And give it to Breakker and Corbin. Completely disagree with the decision to put Corbin over, but this is far from over.

Tyler2

Abap
Trick and Tiffany still need to improve a lot, the rest was pretty solid.
Trick does, but damn is he not a good babyface to get behind. Just seems a little lost in the ring sometimes. Tiffany while a little awkward definitely knows when to step it up