Live Clash at the Castle: Scotland Discussion Thread - Saturday June 15th 2024

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Maybe it's me but I hate the thought of Punk screwing Drew over again, genuinely think it would be awful and would be a huge downer.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
While the prospect of Punk flying all the way to Glasgow just to fuck with Drew is a level of petty I aspire to be…

I wouldn’t do it unless Punk was close to returning and the payoff for all of this isn’t too far off.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I can see it if Punk/Drew is a non title match at SummerSlam but if Punk can't go by then they should do Gunther/Drew anyway

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Sounds like bullshit?​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
All I can find about that in the Observer is he says Logan is scheduled for SmackDown tonight to start his portion of the build for the feud

Reactions: Dale

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Sounds way too quick to run this program unless it happens and they do a bullshit finish for a rematch down the line. If anything, I can see Knight being in the MITB match and being screwed by Logan in that setting up a SummerSlam match.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh I guess it's an overall speculation for clash for context, but he just notes these matches have started build and not that they'd be 100% for this show which is logical to me bc MITB is also like 3 weeks later anyway. This is from the larger Clash preview section

Logan Paul, who will be on the 6/7 Smackdown, is expected to face LA Knight.

There has also been building for Jade Cargill & Bianca Belair, who look to have a three-way against Shayna Baszler & Zoey Stark and Isla Dawn & Alba Fyre based on the Raw television angle.

Paul Levesque also announced Gunther vs. Randy Orton in a singles rematch from King of the Ring would take place when Orton is physically ready to return. It has not been announced for this show.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So he does kinda imply it's for Clash but if you're taking it that literal I judge you more

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I personally never understood the notion of screwing the guy you want to fight out of a title, if anything you should want them to win it, so you can take it off them, which to me is a better way to fuck the guy you hate because you get the title in the end. So Punk should pray Drew wins, so he can take it from Drew.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I personally never understood the notion of screwing the guy you want to fight out of a title, if anything you should want them to win it, so you can take it off them, which to me is a better way to fuck the guy you hate because you get the title in the end. So Punk should pray Drew wins, so he can take it from Drew.

If you already have a match lined up yeah but Punk doesn't and is hurt. In kayfabe he doesn't wanna come back to fight Drew, he wants to fuck Drew and come back to fight whoever is the champion.

Now when the person you're feuding with and have an announced match at the PPV this weekend is fighting for a title and your match will become a title match if they win, yes you're dumb for costing them. But Drew and Punk are just two toxic guys trying to put toxic each other and getting in their own way doing it

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
If you already have a match lined up yeah but Punk doesn't and is hurt. In kayfabe he doesn't wanna come back to fight Drew, he wants to fuck Drew and come back to fight whoever is the champion.

Now when the person you're feuding with and have an announced match at the PPV this weekend is fighting for a title and your match will become a title match if they win, yes you're dumb for costing them. But Drew and Punk are just two toxic guys trying to put toxic each other and getting in their own way doing it
Fair enough I guess :lol I just know if I hated a guy that much, I’d wanna be the one who took it from him, but I guess if he doesn’t care who he takes the title from and will just fight whoever that is, then yeah I guess it makes sense.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He'd rather Drew never win the title again, if he already had it, maybe he'd feel differently. That's how I'm interpreting the story at least

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Yeah if Punk vs Drew we’re set in stone for Summerslam than it would make perfect sense for Punk to want Drew to win the title.

But as of now, Punk’s just fucking with him

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
20240606_Clash_Match_CodyAJ_FC_Date--be8035312fcfb7a4a9a78ca839a5592d.jpg

Undisputed WWE Champion Cody Rhodes vs. AJ Styles ("I Quit" Match)​

AJ Styles retired?

Not so fast, as The Phenomenal One reminded the WWE Universe of his deviousness after he suckered Undisputed WWE Champion Cody Rhodes into believing he was hanging up his boots.

Just as Rhodes let down his guard, Styles blindsided The American Nightmare, executing a Phenomenal Styles Clash from the ring steps to the floor.

With the ruse complete, Rhodes responded by granting Styles an Undisputed WWE Title Match at WWE Clash at the Castle: Scotland, with a twist. Rhodes demanded the match be an "I Quit" Match.

Neither Superstar has competed in an "I Quit" Match inside a WWE ring.

These two Superstars battled at Backlash: France in a classic for the ages, as Rhodes walked out the victor in a hard-fought match.

Since then, Rhodes retained the Undisputed WWE Championship against United States Champion Logan Paul at WWE King and Queen of the Ring.

And after losing to Randy Orton in the first round of the King of the Ring Tournament and carrying out his heinous attack, Styles has catapulted himself back into title contention.

Who will say the two dreaded words when these collide in one of the more personal and barabric match types in WWE history?

20240607_Clash_MatchTemp_WomensTagTRIPLETHREAT_FC_Date--88ce7691ac3437f27ab06913da3be531.jpg

WWE Women's Tag Team Champions Bianca Belair & Jade Cargill vs. Alba Fyre & Isla Dawn vs. Shayna Baszler & Zoey Stark​

The WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship will be on the line when Bianca Belair and Jade Cargill defend against Alba Fyre and Isla Dawn and Shayna Baszler and Zoey Stark in a Triple Threat Tag Team Match.

The champions are enjoying a dominant reign ever since unseating Damage CTRL at Backlash France, and after taking down Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell, they are facing a new threat.

Fyre and Dawn have been itching for a title match and will get it in their home country of Scotland, giving Belair and Cargill maybe their greatest test yet.

After both Fyre and Dawn and Baszler and Stark attacked the champions on Raw and SmackDown, Cargill and Belair announced that they would defend against both teams at Clash at the Castle.