Line of Duty Mafia [Game Thread]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
so you lack any kind of nuance. what you call fence sitting in towards me is actually considering that a person may in fact not be scum. you trying to make it seem like everything i do is some scum tactic looks more like desperation than it does credible.

when youre scum in a tight space you essentially go all in on hurting town by disregarding how you'll look after and trying to take some players out. when you were caught in that one game by me, you ended up faking info on cp. i found it so out of the blue and bad i thought it couldn't be scum, but you were scum. you after concede after feeling caught and go in on trying to take down town with you. tell me why what youre doing here isn't just that because youre over-zealous approach against me and youre complete confidence in reading me is piss poor.
Its not even remotely similar LMFAO

What about my play at the time made you believe I thought I could actually take you down before me? There's legit nothing in the thread to support such a fucking horseshit statement anywhere lmao

Showtime

Reaction score
if you say lmfao and lmao enough times i hear it makes your points more true.

i dont think there has to be anything in the thread for you to go for what i suggested.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
i know you did, which is why i asked again. so my discrediting of you isn't bologny, it exists to the point you yourself admitted a poor track record in reading me yet you defend yourself as if what im saying isn't true. why?
I dont have a poor record of READING you, I have a poor record of PUSHING you, but even that is fairly minimal, to a recent game on perc and another game on perc 2 odd years ago. I've read you correctly as town on D1 countless times and whilst I did try to push you a little last game, I again ended up correctly reading you as town before the day was finished. You trying to discredit me is what seems desperate to me, and so is you trying to paint me as scummy for pushing you when the reasons you're providing for that don't make any sense whatsoever

If im under a tonne of pressure and you are saying I look towny based on my reaction, and Im hoping you're gonna defend me, why on earth would I then instead alienate you and push you? Again, whats the play here? What can you point to that shows me ever having any kind of confidence I could get you lynched before me, because if I didn't believe that I could then your whole point is just obsolete

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score

i dont think there has to be anything in the thread for you to go for what i suggested.
Im saying lmao because you literally compared me faking info on cp which is guaranteed to take him out before me with pushing you when Im under a heap of pressure and acting as thought they're similar situations. The lmfao is well earned, because its an absurd comparison

Chloe B

Reaction score
so glad I'm read Town

means I don't have to do anything

Reactions: CraigPelton

Showtime

Reaction score
Gonna propose a different direction

Vote CP

^this looks good for odo

erm, I think Alcos point is fair, but im not sure how indicative of anything it is?

Off topic, Im finding it hard to believe Magics stance on claims (the hider) evolved from 'We're not lynching a hider day 1' in whatever game that was where jeff was being obnoxious, to now where hes made a point of saying it doesnt bother him, but thinks poyser is probably town anyway, in which case why make that distinction in the first place?

i thought poyser was town off play early on.

idk what distinction you're talking about. tweet asked me about it, i still think hider often self resolves, but it's no longer a reason to defend/stop a lynch/not lynch someone as all claims aren't.

Odo
Person was signed in when posted

03-15-2021
01:45 PM ET (US)
Why has magic abandoned judging people on play (at which he is probs the best player in the section) for judging people on setup, at which he is not good AND he is doing it against a host that openly tries to subvert your expectations?

1620319438314.png

^it is nothing but a literal hinderance to my game to even bother with role spec. for like 2 years now it has often resulted me in going form correct reads to incorrect reads and it bothers me. your dead qt post wasn't the last straw, the banez mislynch was when i had him as surely town on play then i overthought his role to the point i was convinced he was scum.

Reactions: Odo

Showtime

Reaction score
Incidentally, if blaine does happen to be scum, I'd say magic looks pretty bad off of that flip

id say the same about you tbh.

the fact youre associating me with blaine because i voted him then moved to phen0m afterwards is almost like you know he's going to flip scum and want me associated with him. i had no reason to even acknowledge cp's vote on blaine and i have no reason to use it as "im town for voting him" so youre just pre-emptively pairing me with him is weird.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
id say the same about you tbh.

the fact youre associating me with blaine because i voted him then moved to phen0m afterwards is almost like you know he's going to flip scum and want me associated with him. i had no reason to even acknowledge cp's vote on blaine and i have no reason to use it as "im town for voting him" so youre just pre-emptively pairing me with him is weird.
Cool, vote him and lets find out!

Chloe B

Reaction score
this is going nowhere, do I have to annoy everyone individually?

Alco

Reaction score

This got a good chuckle out of me I must admit it :heston

Showtime

Reaction score
Tbh I can understand that thought process tho. When you have, or feel you have control of the thread, its to your benefit to let things play out usually, as when push comes to shove, you can just put your foot down and get the game back to where you want it to go. I do this as town all the time

Oh yeah, and vote blaine

that isn't it for me. i do things when nothing is being done and if something is being done then ill watch unless i have a good reason to interject.

i.e. last game i didn't do anything until i was convinced evans was scum at which point to get my way i actually had to do stuff.

what do you think of cp btw? since you went from voting him to voting blaine.

Well he's still on record saying that he thinks you're town on play, and backtracking from that position in order to lynch you would look bad enough in its own right, so I'm not too alarmed by him not literally going "we never lynch the Hider here because Hiders die" this time around.

About that not discouraging your lynch stuff, I can see both sides of the argument tbh. I can see why you would be sus of him for not defending you, but I can also understand him saying that it's simply not his job to defend someone of your caliber. Which I think he said something to that effect a while back? Might be wrong here.

im BACK TRACKING FROM THAT POSITION. dont care if it makes me look bad, his push on me is slimy and overreaching.

after the mislynch on me in perc did you have as much confidence in reading me day 1 in the following games? it's nature to feel more unsure on things youre wrong on in the past, not have as much confidence in doing the same thing.

Chloe B

Reaction score
@Showtime

Are you content to leave your vote on PHENOM the whole day?

Showtime

Reaction score
Its not really his lack of defence of me thats my problem tho, its more that he sat there and let me get under more and more pressure despite reading me town, and kept his vote parked on a player that posted twice that, in his own words, he never expected to go anywhere. All the while, he was giving reasons to read phen0m scum but didnt vote him

Then he follows on blaine, and then jumps off as soon as he can to follow on PHEN0M, someone who really, he should have already been voting
Even when you have a direction that you think is much better?

@Odo thoughts on poyser not acknowledging you did something similar to me? to be fair it was in a shorter timeframe, but you voted cp and then you voted blaine, following the wagon cp is on.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
that isn't it for me. i do things when nothing is being done and if something is being done then ill watch unless i have a good reason to interject.

i.e. last game i didn't do anything until i was convinced evans was scum at which point to get my way i actually had to do stuff.

what do you think of cp btw? since you went from voting him to voting blaine.

im BACK TRACKING FROM THAT POSITION. dont care if it makes me look bad, his push on me is slimy and overreaching.

after the mislynch on me in perc did you have as much confidence in reading me day 1 in the following games? it's nature to feel more unsure on things youre wrong on in the past, not have as much confidence in doing the same thing.
How is it slimy at all lmao, you cant just say it and hope people take it as true