Lil Wayne Wraps ‘Tha Carter IV,’ Announces Release Date

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sodadelt73

Reaction score
Official Soccer Football Discussion Thread

Soccer will NEVER be big in America..and Football will never be big outside the U.S.... so who cares?

the408kid

Reaction score
Getting excited for the World Cup and two weeks from today USA vs. England. Hopefully we can pull the upset but I wont hold my breath lol. I would like to see the USA get to at least the 2nd round this year.

the408kid

Reaction score
Soccer will NEVER be big in America..and Football will never be big outside the U.S.... so who cares?
Soccer will never be the biggest sport in America your right but it has grown to the most popular it's ever been. For one thing the World Cup in 94 being on US soil helped and also some credit maybe to MLS although I dont really watch the league that much. Also, nowadays we get to see scores from the big European country leagues on ESPN and elsewhere where in the past no score from these leagues where anywhere to be seen really.

maty619

Reaction score
There will be no upset in this match :D. Although I do think USA will get through in 2nd place and possibly get to the quaters, USA is my prediction for the shock place in the quaters. I think England, USA, Brazil, Spain, Netherlands, Argentina, Italy and France. I don't think Germany or Portugal will advance past the last 16 dur to Germany losing Ballack and Portugal not being on form (see their 0-0 draw to some no name country). I think all that is possible and I think England, Italy, Spain and Argentina will be in the semis, then Spain vs Argentina in the final, although I hope England get in the final and win :p. I am so pumped, got my England flag hanging out my window :p.

maty619

Reaction score
Football will never be the biggest sport in America your right but it has grown to the most popular it's ever been. For one thing the World Cup in 94 being on US soil helped and also some credit maybe to MLS although I dont really watch the league that much. Also, nowadays we get to see scores from the big European country leagues on ESPN and elsewhere where in the past no score from these leagues where anywhere to be seen really.

Had to correct you there.

the408kid

Reaction score
Had to correct you there.
LMAO! I put that because I live in America and here of course we call it soccer. Football to us is a pigskin, pads, helmet, and Saturday and Sunday Afternoon tailgates and smashmouth action.

the408kid

Reaction score
One question to all Soccer fans here, coming off not qualifying for Euro 2008, how do you guys think England will fare in the World Cup. Also what do you guys think of their new coach Fabio Capella. Sorry if I didnt spell his name right.

maty619

Reaction score
LMAO! I put that because I live in America and here of course we call it soccer. Football to us is a pigskin, pads, helmet, and Saturday and Sunday Afternoon tailgates and smashmouth action.
I know that, I was just messin' with you. But "soccer" is the orginal football and I am fed up with the n apparant name change. So many people call football soccer in England aswell and it truly pisses me off.

the408kid

Reaction score
I know that, I was just messin' with you. But "soccer" is the orginal football and I am fed up with the n apparant name change. So many people call football soccer in England aswell and it truly pisses me off.
Wow now I can see where you would be pissed about that, especially people in your own country calling it soccer. Soccer is indeed the original football and a beautiful game when played right.

maty619

Reaction score
*Capello*

England will be fine, the only reason we didn't qualify for Euro '08 is because of fucking Steve McLaren, he is the worst English international manager ever. But now we have Capello who happens to be one of the best English ineternational managers ever (despite the fact he is Spanish and failed to recognise Ashley Young and Gabbie Agbonlahor's talent and did not include them in his squad :(). England should have no problem hanging with the top teams in international football, as long as Rooney, Gerrard and James are playing on top form we have a massive chance of winning; Rooney for the goals; Gerrard for the passes and long rangers and James for the amazing saves.

the408kid

Reaction score
*Capello*

England will be fine, the only reason we didn't qualify for Euro '08 is because of fucking Steve McLaren, he is the worst English international manager ever. But now we have Capello who happens to be one of the best English ineternational managers ever (despite the fact he is Spanish and failed to recognise Ashley Young and Gabbie Agbonlahor's talent and did not include them in his squad :(). England should have no problem hanging with the top teams in international football, as long as Rooney, Gerrard and James are playing on top form we have a massive chance of winning; Rooney for the goals; Gerrard for the passes and long rangers and James for the amazing saves.
Cool, so other then England iyo who will be the second team to clinch the Second round spot from the group.

maty619

Reaction score
I think it will be USA, they defeated Spain not too long ago did they not and they have a great team, well atleast on FIFA :p.

the408kid

Reaction score
I think it will be USA, they defeated Spain not too long ago did they not and they have a great team, well atleast on FIFA :p.
Their Ok but they can struggle at times, they lost to the Czech Republic this week and just barely beat Turkey today, both of those teams I believe didn't even clinch the a spot in the World Cup this year.
Remember also although they went to the final of the Confederations Cup last year they started that tournament with 2 losses and had to clinch a spot in the semifinals by winning by 4 goals against Egypt. If they play their best in every game though, they can beat anybody.