Legacy needs one more member

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

I think Legacy needs another member, someone that can be a leader like Randy Orton. The question is who? The first name that comes to my mind is Batista. He's incredibly stale as a babyface right now and I think it would make sense for him to join forces with someone he's been aligned with in the past (Evolution). However, I don't think WWE has plans to turn Batista heel. I can just tell by the way they're booking things lately that they might just leave him as is even though he's boring as hell. Someone else that might be a possibility is Shane Mcmahon. It wouldn't make any sense at all, but if WWE is going to pull a Russo type swerve this would be it. Thats the only explanation I come up with at the moment lol.

So, what do you guys think? Should Legacy add a new member? If so, who?

MikeRaw

I used to think this, until recently, but I really think the more important thing is to use what they have to their full advantage, before adding anything else. Ted and Cody still need to be worked into the group more, before adding someone else.
On that topic, I'll go into more detail...
-They need to just be Legacy. Not "Priceless" when it's just them, and Legacy other times
-They need one unified theme. Having them come out to "Priceless", and Orton ome out to "Voices" is stupid. They should keep Voices as Orton's theme, and then have one, singular theme for when they're all together, and for when it's just Rhodes/Dibiase
-They need to at least wear the "Legacy" shirt, like Orton does. Having them stand there wearing nothing, while Orton wears a Legacy shirt is stupid
-To play off the last point, they should also come out in like suits, or at least "preppy" clothes, like expensive jeans and a sweater for promos. Having them just come out in wrestling gear, even if they aren't wrestling, is stupid.

So, to answer, I think what is already there needs to be fixed, before adding other guys.

noumenon

^I love you Mike..you saved me so much typing with that post.

Completely agree 100% on everything you said.
I've been saying for months they need theme music... such a minor detail that does so much for a stable.
I think they do the whole constantly in wrestling attire thing to show that they are always ready to go... and kinda "born into" this business if that makes sense. Then again they could just be following Orton's lead on that one. The guy always looks like he's nude... he's one of those people who is rarely seen in street clothes even when cutting a promo.

And as said, Cody and Ted still need a lot of work and development before anyone else can be added to the mix. Hopefully last night on RAW was the start of them allowing these two to have some mic time and develop as their own personalities.
I do agree that I would like to see another member added to Legacy. I really think a clean title sweep somewhere down the line would make this stable look insane. Orton with the WWE title, Priceless with the Tag and a fourth member holding the U.S. Title.
I think Orton had a lot to say on who he wanted in the stable and pretty much hand picked Cody and Ted himself. I'm sure if there was anyone else he saw being a fit they would have been there already.
And as discussed many times...Batista doesn't fit the bill...he's not second generation...and he's fucking 40...lol

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
I think if they were going to have a fourth member it would have been Manu or Sim Snuka. The only other young second-gen wrestlers in WWE I can think of are Tyson Kidd and DH Smith (at least I think its him), but they're both on ECW now. It was good to see Rhodes and DiBiase more involved in the promo on Raw last night, I'd like to see more of that before they even think about bringing another person in.

BlackVenom

Reaction score
I'd add DH Smith AND or Natalya.

Having a woman could add more personality to the group.

Also: No one has noticed Cody's new "Legacy" logo gear?

Rhodes having Legacy on his ass, and DiBiase having "Priceless" still is a bit silly...

MikeRaw

^That's not gonna happen. DH Smith and Natalya are on ECW, as is TJ Wilson (Tyson Kidd). Look for them to team up soon.

noumenon

If anything I'de expect more of a Hart Foundation V2 vs. Pricless for the tag titles down the road.

And that's another interesting point. Cody completely adopted Ted's music and gimmick once they started teaming.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
They don't need another member, they need to win some fuckin matches. I swear they haven't won any without Orton in it. They need to make a stamp for themselves. Step their game up, I don't even know what Cody's finisher is. I only know Teddy's from a video package.

mancilla 86

Reaction score
i think legacy needs a woman in their stable or some sort of manager type role..but who? dont know yet,,but i do agree with ya they need to wear legacy merchandise and have a theme music for the group..also cody and rhodes should be more involved with the mic and less just following orders, they need to show their also involved with their own storylines not just ortons..(funny how mvp called them lacky)lol

Airfixx

They don't need another member, they need to win some fuckin matches. I swear they haven't won any without Orton in it. They need to make a stamp for themselves. Step their game up,

They beat the unified tag champs clean in about 5-10 mins on SD a few weeks back.

(You seem to be forgetting that they're 2-time tag champs already too... 3-time if you're Cody.)

I don't even know what Cody's finisher is. I only know Teddy's from a video package.

You simply haven't been paying attention then....

Ted = 'million dollar dream'/neckbreaker combo.
Cody = Don't quite know what to call it, but it's a modified neckbreaker-esque move.

In answer to other randomness above...

No, they do NOT need a manager.. This is ORTON'S baby.

They already have merchandise that I have seen them ALL wearing at the same time on more than one occasion.

Kizza

I used to think this, until recently, but I really think the more important thing is to use what they have to their full advantage, before adding anything else. Ted and Cody still need to be worked into the group more, before adding someone else.
On that topic, I'll go into more detail...
-They need to just be Legacy. Not "Priceless" when it's just them, and Legacy other times
-They need one unified theme. Having them come out to "Priceless", and Orton ome out to "Voices" is stupid. They should keep Voices as Orton's theme, and then have one, singular theme for when they're all together, and for when it's just Rhodes/Dibiase
-They need to at least wear the "Legacy" shirt, like Orton does. Having them stand there wearing nothing, while Orton wears a Legacy shirt is stupid
-To play off the last point, they should also come out in like suits, or at least "preppy" clothes, like expensive jeans and a sweater for promos. Having them just come out in wrestling gear, even if they aren't wrestling, is stupid.

So, to answer, I think what is already there needs to be fixed, before adding other guys.

Great points, but I see those as WWE portratying Ted & Cody more as Randy's bitches in a way. In a way, it's almost like he keeps them because he just wants them to give him the advantage, not so he can tutor them. It's seperating them from Randy, almost showing that Randy is far and beyond a superior wrestler. And the all round wrestling gear? Maybe to be ready to go at a single command, or possibly something like that, so then they aren't disadvantaged when in suits. Not that it does happen, but hints at the possibility that someones gonna get the snot kicked out of them.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
They beat the unified tag champs clean in about 5-10 mins on SD a few weeks back.

(You seem to be forgetting that they're 2-time tag champs already too... 3-time if you're Cody.)

That was their 1st clean win in how long? Most of the time, when they (they meaning Rhodes and Dibiase) have tag matches, it's either against jobbers, in which of course they win, or a good team and they can't beat them. When they have one on one matches, they job out. BEFORE Legacy, they were tag champs. BEFORE Legacy, they beat Cena and Tista for the tag titles, BEFORE Legacy, they weren't being portrayed as pawns. BEFORE Legacy, they actually seem to have some character. Now all they do is get the shit beat out of them. They need character development and need it bad right now.

As for a new member to Legacy, they don't need it. Why add another member when you have the trio that consist of one of the top guys in WWE with 2 jobbers, lackies, no character, pawns? They need to focus on the other members in the group 1st, before doing anything else regarding a new member.

Airfixx

That was their 1st clean win in how long?

Dunno specifically, but heels shouldn't really be seen to getting clean wins unless blatantly outmatching their oponent with size or whatever.

Most of the time, when they (they meaning Rhodes and Dibiase) have tag matches, it's either against jobbers, in which of course they win[/quote]

Which jobbers are you refering to? When were these matches?

I concur to the statement they haven't wrestled as a duo much at all since Orton's return and as much as I can't recall too many clean wins, I can't remember (too m)any squash matches either.

or a good team and they can't beat them.

You mean apart from teams like Cena/Batista, Punk/Kofi, The Colons, each of whom Priceless beat?

When they have one on one matches, they job out.

Dibiase went longer against Batista on SD a couple of weeks ago than anyone I can think of outside of a PPM MEvent.... Certainly longer than the likes of Umaga and look how physically imposing he is!!!

That match is the perfect illustration of where DiBiase is right now...

Admittedly Cody is more-so the one getting getting the beatings.

BEFORE Legacy, they were tag champs. BEFORE Legacy, they beat Cena and Tista for the tag titles, BEFORE Legacy, they weren't being portrayed as pawns. BEFORE Legacy, they actually seem to have some character.

It may sound flippant, but look at it simply..... They've been a bit busy SINCE Legacy!

Now all they do is get the shit beat out of them.

They need character development and need it bad right now.

From your comments above it seems you're more concerned about DA WINZ than character development(*)

(*the continuation of which is of course something that most would welcome.)

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
I don't see the need to have a woman in Legacy. The only stable I can remember with a woman was DX with Chyna, and she's kind of a one off. The only Diva anything like her is Beth Phoenix, and I can't see the Glamazon joining in a million years.