LB presents: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Heres a clear shot of Black Panther

BjztrrB.jpg

Looks good

You really should charge your phone

Sabretooth

Reaction score
New magazine cover featuring Captain America, Iron Man and... Black Panther. Seems marvel is really hyping Panther

Captain-America-Civil-War-EW-Cover.jpg

Postman Dave

Reaction score
They'd better had as he's gotta carry a movie of his own in 2017.

Everything about Civil War looks real promising so far.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
To follow up a comment I made earlier, the Netflix Iron Fist series is still on:

According to comingsoon.net, Scott Buck will serve as the showrunner for Marvel’s Iron Fist, which will air on Netflix. Buck previously worked on Six Feet Under and Rome; he was also the showruner for the final four seasons of Dexter. Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb had the following to say about the announcement…

“Scott came in with a take on Iron Fist that quite simply knocked us off our feet. We always look for the most creative minds in the field to help us bring our heroes to life, and with Scott we’ve found someone that can deliver yet another great series in the ongoing story of The Defenders.”

Marvel’s Iron Fist is described as follows…

The Iron Fist series sees Daniel Rand returning to New York City after being missing for years. There, he fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.

411mania

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Beautiful.

We haven't talked much about Jessica Jones. I think it was another knockout for Marvel. Certainly just as good as Daredevil and even more mature. Good thing marvel is reaching the adult audiences in Netflix since their movies are lighter. Just an amazing show and has got me salivating for more.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Oh, hello first official look at Doctor Strange

00-ew1397-1398-marvel-first-look.jpg

EDIT: Here's some more pics & artwork

strange1.jpg

strange2.jpg

strange3.jpg

strange4.jpg

strange5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Cumberbatch is the man

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
New Team Cap and Team Stark posters from Civil War. Pretty badass

OKWrnVK.jpg

kliMjq3.jpg

And here is a big ass description of Daredevil season 2

Patrick Harbron/Netflix
Marvel’s Daredevil is shaking things up in season 2 with a faster pace, more romance, and some morally complex storytelling that introduces the controversial gun-toting super-antihero The Punisher.

When the Netflix series changed showrunners after season 1, we’ll admit to being a tad concerned. The first season was TV’s first superhero show targeted exclusively to grown-ups and writer-producer Steve S. DeKnight pushed Marvel’s envelope with brutal violence and bold storytelling risks.

So will Daredevil morph into Marvel’s Agents of Hell’s Kitchen for season 2?

Not at all. After visiting the New York set earlier this month and watching the first two episodes of the upcoming season, we can report showrunners Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez retain what fans loved about the first year while also flooring the narrative accelerator. Remember how the first season waited until the end of the third episode to give fans a glimpse of Kingpin (Vincent D’Onofrio, who isn’t expected to appear this season)? The delay worked as the show focused on introducing its heroes and building up Kingpin’s sinister reputation. By contrast, season 2 opens with an action scene and very quickly introduces Frank Castle a.k.a. The Punisher (The Walking Dead’s Jon Bernthal). This also works. “The advantage of any sequel is you can dive right in,” Petrie says. “We hit the ground running and then we ran as fast as we f—ing could.”

As comic fans know, Castle is an ex-Special Forces soldier with a tragic past who becomes a New York vigilante. He has the same clean-up-the-streets mission as Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox), except he uses guns instead of beatdowns and quite simply murders every criminal he can find. Whether he’s a hero or a villain is left open to interpretation (and has long been argued both ways by fans online), but the first couple episodes will have many viewers supporting his techniques.

The Punisher is considered a divisive character because Marvel and D.C. superheroes, as a general rule, avoid ever using guns. Notable exceptions include Captain America when he was fighting in WWII and a few others like Hellboy and Deadpool. But Castle is like a walking NRA ad who hunts down and executes everyday street criminals and gang members, not just supervillains and their henchmen. Expect the show to compare him to Murdock as viewers are pressed to analyze the difference between the two.

“Viewers watching the show will be rooting for this guy with a gun but we’re also going to force people — the way we force Matt — to second-guess themselves,” Petrie says. “Taking lethal justice into your own hands in America in 2015 is tricky s–t. We have not shied away from the rich complicated reality of Now. If you’ve got a gun and you’re not the police you’re going to incite strong feelings. We’re stirring the pot and we’re aware of the headlines where we live and we’re trying to get people to think.”

WANT MORE EW? Subscribe now to keep up with the latest in movies, television, and music.

Ramirez adds the team talked a lot about Taxi Driver’s famous malcontent Travis Bickle when shaping their version of the character. “He has a different moral code,” he says. “Matt is a devout Catholic — and you rarely see a character who’s a devotee anything on TV. Frank has Hammurabi’s Code. It’s like letting a great white shark into the water.”

Bernthal conveys an unstoppable menace for The Punisher and sports a relatively anonymous non-flashy costume at the outset of the season (photo above) that allows him more freedom of movement around New York than Daredevil. Watching him stalk his prey, you’re reminded a bit of Arnold Schwarzenegger in the first Terminator. The actor says he felt plenty of pressure to get this character right. ”People have been coming up to me on the streets of New York saying, ‘Do not mess this up,’” says Bernthal, who for months walked alone to the Daredevil set across the Brooklyn Bridge to help get into Castle’s isolated and joyless headspace. “This character has resonated with law enforcement and military. He’s brought the war home with him in the worst possible way. And the best thing about him is that if he offends you, he just doesn’t care.”

Daredevil season 2 will have more sex as well. While the first season was relatively chaste, season 2 will get steamier as Matt gets closer to Karen (Deborah Ann Woll) and then his old college girlfriend resurfaces. You know, Elektra (Elodie Yung), which introduces another antihero into the mix, one that’s very different from the Jennifer Garner big screen version.

“Matt’s a deeply moral complicated guy and she’s just the best bad girlfriend you can possibly have,” Petrie says. “She does everything wrong and attractive, she’s his id, the wild side. Matt is always taming his wild side. Elektra just lets it out. He’s both repulsed and deeply drawn to that.”

However, the show will be less dark than the first season in one respect — literally. Season 1 had rooms that were sometimes so dimly lit that fans were squinting at their TVs, whereas there’s more clarity this time around. “It will still be dark, but we’ve added more layers,” Petrie says.

Last edited by a moderator:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Daredevil s2 sounds awesome so far

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Remember when Marvel lined up Civil War against Dawn Of Justice with the same release date, leading the DC backing down & choosing another date?

It's now been confirmed that season 2 of Daredevil premieres on Netflix the same day Dawn Of Justice hits cinemas.

Marvels getting their damn fight whether DC want it or not :lol:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
It doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me because I could still go see the movie on Friday and binge Daredevil on Saturday, but I get the trolling all the same.

For the record, I won't be going to see Batman V Superman on opening night. Actually, after the last trailer, I don't really think I need to see it at all. :lol:

Many Bothans died to bring you this Tapatalk message.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah I really don't think it's that big of a deal. I don't think Daredevil could impact BvS that much or at all. Seeing Captain America 3 vs BvS would have been interesting. I'm just glad Daredevil is debuting a little sooner than April 10.

And btw it hasn't been confirmed. It's currently just a persistent rumor. Neither marvel nor Netflix have given a release date.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It's been confirmed. Daredevil Season 2 is dropping on March 18th the sooner the better I say