LB presents: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
[video=youtube;XC7GPdBV9WQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC7GPdBV9WQ[/video]

I am so stoked for this! Daredevil is one of my favourite superheros.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Now thats hot :lol:

Seriously it looks like this series is gonna be a lot darker than what we've seen in the MCU so far. A nice change. I'm looking forward.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Now thats hot :lol:

Seriously it looks like this series is gonna be a lot darker than what we've seen in the MCU so far. A nice change. I'm looking forward.

Agreed, love the darker tone for a change.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Looks pretty cool. :nodsmile:

And it's rated MA.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I can't wait for this. I actually liked the daredevil movie and have always been a fan of daredevil. So this should be pretty good

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Massive MCU altering news!

It’s been talked about for years, and the subject of much fevered speculation in recent months, especially following the relative disappointment of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, but now it’s official: Marvel and Sony are joining forces to co-produce the web-slinger’s next films.

Under the terms of the deal, Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel Cinematic Universe film – potentially Captain America: Civil War, since he appears in the comic book version, provided that won’t make the already hero-stuffed film too crowded – followed by the next, Sony-produced Spider-film, which is now scheduled for July 28, 2017. And in a more surprising, but natural move, Marvel boss Kevin Feige will be involved in future decisions about the web slinger, working alongside former Sony boss Amy Pascal to develop what is described as a new creative direction for the character. Sony is keeping hold of the rights to Spidey, and will have final creative control on its Spider-Man output. It's something of a landmark deal for two studios, but surely a given at this point with the growing demand.

Nothing was mentioned in the announcement about whether this means a new actor will be replacing Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker and his heroic alter ego, but all the talk of a new creative direction makes us think there will be some changes ahead, though hopefully not yet another origin story.

“I am thrilled to team with my friends at Sony Pictures along with Amy Pascal to produce the next Spider-Man movie,” says Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige in the announcement. “Amy has been deeply involved in the realization on film of one of the world’s most beloved characters. Marvel’s involvement will hopefully deliver the creative continuity and authenticity that fans demand from the MCU. I am equally excited for the opportunity to have Spider-Man appear in the MCU, something which both we at Marvel, and fans alike, have been looking forward to for years.”

Disney/Marvel is also shifting some release dates around to maximise the fact that Spider-Man is now technically a team player. Thor: Ragnarok has been moved to November 2017 from its July date. Black Panther will now open in July 2018, moving from October 2017. Captain Marvel moved to November 2018 from July 2018, while Inhumans is headed for for July 2019 from its original October 2018 date.

Empire

After months of rumour & speculation, Spider-Man is now in the MCU!

The whole of Phase 3 has had to be shifted around to make up for it though, as you can see by some of the release moves.

As far as the MCU movie Spidey will appear in, popular consensus points to Captain America: Civil War (aka, Avengers 2.5), although under the conditions he could still appear in either Doctor Strange or Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 (both unlikely though).

Also of note is that because of the rescheduling, Inhumans now comes out AFTER Infinity Wars Pt.2, seemingly continuing MCU life after the Infinity Wars event.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'm very on the fence about this. I'm assuming this means they're rebooting the spider man series AGAIN. This means the amazing spider man movies never happened and I for one liked them. I wanted to see what happened to peter after Gwen's death and how he deals with the sinister six but that's probably all off the table now. I also love andrew Garfield as spider man but they're probably gonna recast him. It also bothers me that sony retains creative control. Obviously people didn't like TASM 2 so why should they get to make the next Spider man film?

Obviously the good part about this is SPIDER MAN IS IN THE FREAKIN MARVEL CIBEMATIC UNIVERSE. Just not sure I like the circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drew

Reaction score
This is nothing but good news.

The only down side is that Sony still has creative control over Spider-Man in their movies.

Him being in Civil War is HUGE! Too bad we won't get any kind of lead up to him
Being in the Marvel Universe before Civil War. (I'm sure we'll see him in some teaser at the end of of one of the Marvel Movies now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ugh, Spider Man is the most annoying comic book character ever.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It's such an abrupt entry. i wish Sony had just given the rights back to marvel after spider man 4 was cancelled. Now spider man missed the first two phases of the MCU and is being randomly thrown in WITH SONY HAVING CREATIVE CONTROL

Postman Dave

Reaction score
To be clear, they haven't confirmed whether or not Garfield will be continuing, or whether or not it'll be another reboot.

Also isn't clear whether that whole "spidey-universe" with The Sinister Six movie is still go.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
To be clear, they haven't confirmed whether or not Garfield will be continuing, or whether or not it'll be another reboot.

Also isn't clear whether that whole "spidey-universe" with The Sinister Six movie is still go.

It's safe to assume it'll be a reboot. Why would they put the amazing spider man movies along with the MCU

Drew

Reaction score
They will not do another origin story. That much I'm certain of. Marvel is too smart for that, even if Sony has final say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk